• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

DIY Racechip Ultimate 'Facebook Edition' Installation

Quiksilver

Hi All Racechip prospective owners, I'd installed my Racechip Ultimate Facebook Edition about 2 weeks again. Here is a little tutorial on how I did it;

Step 1 : Remove the Engine Cover

(1) Lift engine cover up after using a screw driver to unscrew the only screw of the engine cover.

(2) Pull engine cover towards yourself to release the 2 holes from the back of the engine.

post-1322-0-91825700-1375410114_thumb.jpg

Below Photo showing the 2 pins that the engine cover will slot into at the rear.

post-1322-0-34215500-1375410137_thumb.jpg

Step 2 : Route cable provided by Racechip and cable tie them. I did it the way I did to minimize cable hindling the engine cover from closing properly and to prevent the cable being too heat treated. The Yellow Oval component in the the Diesel Common Rail connector.

post-1322-0-31425200-1375410159_thumb.jpg

The whole thing took me slightly more than an hour due to deciding how to route the cable 'efficiently'. Other than that there aren't much to it.

Oh yes! I did a silly mistake by leaving the Racehip unit just slipped in between the slot shown in the below photo (Yellow Arrowed) initially.

post-1322-0-37594800-1375410099_thumb.jpg

I thought that when I slot the Racechip in there, it is rather tight & snug hence it should be fine. However I totally forgotten that when the car moves and engine running, the engine can flex within the engine bay. Hence forth the Racechip unit dropped into the slot till it got dangling just next to the Turbo charger. So due to this, the Racechip casing got a beating and you can see it in the photo below. I'd put a folded piece of microfibre cloth below the Racechip to prevent the metal, which it was cable tied on, from scaring or even cutting into the Racechip casing.

post-1322-0-64624600-1375410081_thumb.jpg

For those who are interested, below are a few photos of the Racechip when it was nice & new.

post-1322-0-23681800-1375411570_thumb.jpg     post-1322-0-56452200-1375411587_thumb.jpg

post-1322-0-81399000-1375411613_thumb.jpg     post-1322-0-34827800-1375411633_thumb.jpg

I'd driven about 800kms with the Racechip now & I'm absolutely loving it! The FC has improved alot. Before the Racechip, I'm getting 5.6L/100km but after Racechip installed, I'm getting 4.7L/100km. The engine also sounded like a V8 when I floor the accelerator.....you know that growl.....listen liao very shiok! Hehehehe!!

Hi All Racechip prospective owners, I'd installed my Racechip Ultimate Facebook Edition about 2 weeks again. Here is a little tutorial on how I did it;

Step 1 : Remove the Engine Cover

(1) Lift engine cover up after using a screw driver to unscrew the only screw of the engine cover.

(2) Pull engine cover towards yourself to release the 2 holes from the back of the engine.

P1000044.JPG

Below Photo showing the 2 pins that the engine cover will slot into at the rear.

P1000045.JPG

Step 2 : Route cable provided by Racechip and cable tie them. I did it the way I did to minimize cable hindling the engine cover from closing properly and to prevent the cable being too heat treated. The Yellow Oval component in the the Diesel Common Rail connector.

P1000047.JPG

The whole thing took me slightly more than an hour due to deciding how to route the cable 'efficiently'. Other than that there aren't much to it.

Oh yes! I did a silly mistake by leaving the Racehip unit just slipped in between the slot shown in the below photo (Yellow Arrowed) initially.

P1000042.JPG

I thought that when I slot the Racechip in there, it is rather tight & snug hence it should be fine. However I totally forgotten that when the car moves and engine running, the engine can flex within the engine bay. Hence forth the Racechip unit dropped into the slot till it got dangling just next to the Turbo charger. So due to this, the Racechip casing got a beating and you can see it in the photo below. I'd put a folded piece of microfibre cloth below the Racechip to prevent the metal, which it was cable tied on, from scaring or even cutting into the Racechip casing.

DSC_0466.jpg

For those who are interested, below are a few photos of the Racechip when it was nice & new.

DSC_0456.jpg DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg DSC_0459.jpg

I'd driven about 800kms with the Racechip now & I'm absolutely loving it! The FC has improved alot. Before the Racechip, I'm getting 5.6L/100km but after Racechip installed, I'm getting 4.7L/100km. The engine also sounded like a V8 when I floor the accelerator.....you know that growl.....listen liao very shiok! Hehehehe!!

Wow Bro, your FC is good, may I know what model is your ride and the percentage in city/highway drive?

For Racechip, did u use the default setting or you tune further? Any Dyno test which can post online too.

Btw, how much did you buy?

Wow Bro, your FC is good, may I know what model is your ride and the percentage in city/highway drive?

For Racechip, did u use the default setting or you tune further? Any Dyno test which can post online too.

Btw, how much did you buy?

My car is a C250 CDI Estate. My mileage percentage is 80% Freeway & 20% City. Yes, I'm using default Racechip settings for now. As for getting it dyno, I don't think so for now.

• Like 1

Nice & neat job done. I made the same mistake of putting the piggyback snugged between the ECU & the body wall, it slipped all the way down even though I used a nonslip Velcro. I had to relocate it to the battery compartment where it's a lot cooler. I noticed that your Racechip has 2 sensors only...is that made for Diesel engine only?

Nice & neat job done. I made the same mistake of putting the piggyback snugged between the ECU & the body wall, it slipped all the way down even though I used a nonslip Velcro. I had to relocate it to the battery compartment where it's a lot cooler. I noticed that your Racechip has 2 sensors only...is that made for Diesel engine only?

Hi jtang, you using racechip too?

Yeah! My car is a Diesel hence gotten the RaceChip suitable for my car's engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Besides the improved FC, hows the hp and torque increase?

By gut feel it feels alot more torquey & powerful. If you asking for dyno figures then I don't have. I like it when I give my accelerator a quick depressing flick, the engine will name the exhaust respond with a very nice growling note....just like a V8 engine.

Hi All,

Speed Haus is proud to be the authorized dealer for Racechip.  We have recently posted a thread of the RC Ultimate, hence please do visit our thread and feel free to contact us for any information or queries on this product.  Thank you!

Speed HaUs Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-31

Paya Ubi Ind Pk

Singapore 408934

Tel: 67433123

Fax: 67433201

http://www.speedhaus.com.sg

http://www.facebook.com/speedhauspl

Hi All,

Speed Haus is proud to be the authorized dealer for Racechip.  We have recently posted a thread of the RC Ultimate, hence please do visit our thread and feel free to contact us for any information or queries on this product.  Thank you!

To All Prospective RaceChip Owners.........Mai Tu Liao!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Quiksilver:) 

We have a 7-day money back for the RC product, a testimonial of our belief and support.  Do not miss out this promotional offer!

Speed HaUs Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-31

Paya Ubi Ind Pk

Singapore 408934

Can Do a C200 09 model?

Afraid not littlewhite.  The Racechip is available for the turbocharged cars only. Thank you. 

Speed HaUs Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-31

Paya Ubi Ind Pk

Singapore 408934

Ok no worries

littlewhite, if your car is turbocharged (CGI), then the racechip is available. 

Thanks akula for the comments

Speed HaUs Pte Ltd

53 Ubi Ave 1 #01-31

Paya Ubi Ind Pk

Singapore 408934

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

Hi Please quote for my ride 2012 c180 w204 7G - thanks