• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

7G-DCT Gearbox Problem

Quad088

I have read many test report of A250 , it's a good ride , bumpy due to stiff suspension I can accept as my current ride is worst. One thing I do not understand is the paddle shifting at S mode can get pretty confusing .

1. It can switch automatic from Manual mode to S by itself 

2. late respond for downshifting from a higher gear or no respond till much later .

Those who have experience with  7G-DCT gearbox , would much be appreciated you seniors guys to shade to lights in order to understand it 'working mode' as default by MB or it can be reset  by outsider to rewrite for a better respond. 

Many thanks in advance 

I haven try before A class but I try before B class is the same spec as A class..

1. you can switch to normal to sport or manual mode depend on you. the bashboard got the button

2. I can feel a bit slow, but you accelerate more the power is there.. but you can see singapore can't speed much also..

A250 , it's a good ride , bumpy due to stiff suspension.

I can agree to this.. but urban and style won't so stiff I think so??

Am on A250 now with racechip ultimate module

Overall have to keep rev high for "more" responsive throttling but can also feel slight lagging on down/up shift. Even on S mode.

Very sleepy/ sluggish and delayed response on pick up if on E mode. Suited for grandmothers driving habit.

Was told by friends to counter the "lag" by installing Throttle response device. Some bro's here recommended this as well. But am happy with current set up.

Suspension is darn hard. For females: may need sports bra when driving to bump roads....

• Like 1

Overall have to keep rev high for "more" responsive throttling but can also feel slight lagging on down/up shift. Even on S mode.

Very sleepy/ sluggish and delayed response on pick up if on E mode. Suited for grandmothers driving habit.

Was told by friends to counter the "lag" by installing Throttle response device. Some bro's here recommended this as well. But am happy with current set up.

Suspension is darn hard. For females: may need sports bra when driving to bump roads....

really that hard until need to wear sport bra?? hahaXD

Comments and suggestions are for consideration only. Most important thing is that you are happy with the handling. Am glad that you are enjoying your ride, thats the whole point : )

First time I see people describing the effect of hard suspension this way......very funny.....

Most of the so called "Sport" car has stiff suspension for firm ride and diving into corner and accelerating out of it. My current ride is worst as compare with a250. as tested . So when I tested a 250 , i said the suspension is GOOD ! 

Most of the so called "Sport" car has stiff suspension for firm ride and diving into corner and accelerating out of it. My current ride is worst as compare with a250. as tested . So when I tested a 250 , i said the suspension is GOOD ! 

currently you driving what car??

I test drove the Mini JCI back in 2010 and didn't put down payment for three reason:

1. Stiff ride

2. Hard ride

3. Firm ride

I would think that I would not have proceed with A250 if I had the opportunity to test drive before signing the dotted line....

Having said that, once i had gotten used to this ride, actually it is not that bad. As a driver though.....

Mini Cooper?? is not bad car for girl, but not good for boy~

At that time when the 2nd generation Mini was created , most of the buyers were male above 30 plus later it became a female favorites but still males  drives it

At that time when the 2nd generation Mini was created , most of the buyers were male above 30 plus later it became a female favorites but still males  drives it

Ya lor, I also have no idea why some guy still go and buy it??

Quad, why you buy a mini?? because of??

I bought it mainly when I was young my dad and his friend were  driving the first generation mini cooper s  then now it is called Mr. Bean car.

If you spending sometime in Germany, the Germans says Merc is a old man car. They prefer BMW or Audi !!

I bought it mainly when I was young my dad and his friend were  driving the first generation mini cooper s  then now it is called Mr. Bean car.

If you spending sometime in Germany, the Germans says Merc is a old man car. They prefer BMW or Audi !!

That cool...mr bean car.. I also like bnw!!

• 2 months later...

Top gear host. ... Jeremy Clarkson. ... James May amd Richard Hammond. .. have never liked turbo charged engines.... especially Jeremy. ... and judging by their comparison with the older AMG engines... they are not wrong... just my 2c worth....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

BMWs and merc has always abstained from turbocharged engines but seems that it's the trend nowadays. So maybe AMG venturing into 2.0 turbo engine is something new for the A45 but this may well set the precedence for all future AMG series?

Frankly I won't call A250 an AMG. Not even close, to me is just a marketing gimmick....

• Like 1

A250 was never marketed as an AMG.... in the very first place.... it's called A250 Sport... IIRC...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

In China , they don't pronounce as A250 , they said because  250 in their pu-tong wah is 'bad omen.

By the way , Torque magazine also did not give good reviews on A250 . I have spoken with MB about this to hear their views. MB respond was that writer do not loke MB . I thought 3 party review must be professional and not double standard