• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

R Class Facelift Conversion

I drive a R320 CDI 2007 model and old look is already very "tired" looking. I am looking to refresh the look with a facelift conversion to the post-2011 R Class. Been googling up but with very little success.

At best, I found the link below but does not offer much help with the facelift conversion kit:

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w251-r-class/1656822-amg-r63-my2013.html

This is an example of going all the way to the top, R63 MY2013 look. I am happy to get just the R350 MY 2013 look.

Based on what I read, I think there are some issues:-

1. There is no "one after market conversion kit". Seems like have to buy individual original parts myself?:

a. Rear tail light

b. Front headlamps

c. Front and rear bumpers

d. Front grill

e. New front bonnet?

f. I think because of the new tail lights and headlamps, need to change the front and rear fenders too. Am hpoing I can close this 'small gap" by welding to save costs on buying new fenders.

2. Rear tail lights and front headlamps  connection - I have been reading a few posts. It doesn't seem to be direct swap/ plug and play.

Appreciate any help where

(i) I can buy an after market conversion kit

(i) If have to do DIY, need advise on the initial issues above and where is best place to sort this out.

Thanks.

Not much can be done to the R class... cos there is not many or no options available....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Thanks. I am hoping if at least just one R Class owner who has done it and to share some the facelift experience.

I am just told there is possibly a complete kit from China. If any leads, I will share here.

R Class is very rare to mod, you might even be the first! At this point of time, your best bet is to ask the local stockies if they have the OEM facelifted parts. Then go to a reputable workshop to get it installed. Another option is to enquire with Benzline, they do have and install OEM parts for Merc.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

Sorry but I am still hopeful  :) ... and determined!! While being hopeful, the dealer who promised to get me the parts list gave me a wild goose chase.

I finally got a list (although in Italian) but the part codes should be universal (as attached)

It's a complete list of F/L from MY2007 to MY2012. Although this list is for an AMG Mod, I need the items for a standard F/L.

Any suggestions where is best place to start with getting quotes?

Thanks. I will continue to update until I post a final update on an actual F/L!!

W251_upgrade_to_my2012.pdf