• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Anyone installed Smart Top or Piecha Roof Module?

Guest redhood

Guest redhood

Has anyone here installed the Smart Top or Piecha Roof Module so that the roof can open and close while the car is in motion? What is the experience of using it in our local context? Any issues so far? :-\

thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest et209

for r170s, there's 2 more types of controls. Simple Roof and Bipes I think. I got my simple roof last week. i've not installed it yet. so i'll update you guys when its done.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest johnglh

Bro Redhood.

as spoken before, the restriction on stopping to close back the roof will join us with the motor bikers below the bridge.. I see more reason to install the module..

Though i dun have this problem now but i have experienced it before>>>

Guest redhood

anyidea how much?

and where to get it?

can't remember but you can get a quote from MBM. They call it the Piecha. Say anything else and they get confused. I think the quote is about 800+

And you are right, John. I almost feel like a lorry driver, looking for a flyover bridge to hide whenever a few drops fall.

Guest Otsego

anyidea how much?

and where to get it?

can't remember but you can get a quote from MBM. They call it the Piecha. Say anything else and they get confused. I think the quote is about 800+

And you are right, John. I almost feel like a lorry driver, looking for a flyover bridge to hide whenever a few drops fall.

nowadays keep on raining... :angry3:

Guest jenvid

anyidea how much?

and where to get it?

Smart top can be bought for ard $500+ from a US website. Think it is Elitepro.

I bought both the W209 & E93 modules from them. The latter self install. Chicken feet stuff...

anyidea how much?

and where to get it?

MBM is bringing in the Smarttop , version 3.22 , supposed to get it fixed today but seems that stocks will only arrive next week . So no choice but to wait for few more days ...

Prado ]

anyidea how much?

and where to get it?

can' wrote:

MBM is bringing in the Smarttop , version 3.22 , supposed to get it fixed today but seems that stocks will only arrive next week . So no choice but to wait for few more days ...

Ok, that's cool, this Sunday can show other member how it close while driving...

Guest jenvid

Actually with the smartop module installed life is a lot more easier....

You can open/close the top while the door is open, while moving, remote close & forget, bring the windows up only when locking, windows down when unlocking.

Worth every penny IMHO.

Guest Otsego

You can open/close the top while the door is open, while moving, remote close & forget, bring the windows up only when locking, windows down when unlocking.

Worth every penny IMHO.

wow, why mercedes dun do that in the first place??? :angry3: :angry3: :angry3:

cheapskate ar

9339 ]

anyidea how much?

and where to get it?

can' wrote:

Ok, that's cool, this Sunday can show other member how it close while driving...

If it can be done this Sat . So how , decided on which new ride liao bo ???

335 i also shiok :clap:

Guest jenvid

Worth every penny IMHO.

wow, why mercedes dun do that in the first place??? :angry3: :angry3: :angry3:

cheapskate ar

Errm, you do compromise quite a bit of safety when smart module is installed. Else why almost all convertible requires you to close & open the top with your holding onto the switch ?

Closing or opening the roof while in motion is actually quite dangerous as the roof mechanism are so delicate & complex. A slight jerk or a gust of wind can create havoc...

Not yet lei.....still thinking and waiting for sunny day la....Money not dry yet hahaa....

Yo , Time to get a good indoor dryer liao .... you tried the Fairlady ??? Seen one on the road today , white , sebei chio . ( the lady driver also )

Not yet lei.....still thinking and waiting for sunny day la....Money not dry yet hahaa....

Yo , Time to get a good indoor dryer liao .... you tried the Fairlady ??? Seen one on the road today , white , sebei chio . ( the lady driver also )

Tried, have in mind was the 3's , TT , and Z350

Still waiting for a good timing to apply for approval from F C, hahaa....

Tried, have in mind was the 3's , TT , and Z350

Still waiting for a good timing to apply for approval from F C, hahaa....

TT & 350 :thumbsup: Always tot that 350 is more for power until i saw the chio one last night ... Really change my view on the 350 . :love7: :love7:

As for the FC part , try my way . Booked car - Paid up - Collect Car - Drive home then inform her that just got myself a new ride today ..... :punk1: :punk1:

Guest Otsego

Prado ]

Tried, have in mind was the 3' wrote:

TT & 350 :thumbsup: Always tot that 350 is more for power until i saw the chio one last night ... Really change my view on the 350 . :love7: :love7:

As for the FC part , try my way . Booked car - Paid up - Collect Car - Drive home then inform her that just got myself a new ride today ..... :punk1: :punk1:

lol, that what my dad does everytime... "Hey kids! Check out my new ride!!" ;D

Guest jenvid

Think you guys Yet to meet my wife.....Those who had will know why hahaa

yeah... poor 9339 will end up sleeping on the streets or in the car & probably a car left to rot in the carpark.... :o :o :o

Think you guys Yet to meet my wife.....Those who had will know why hahaa

yeah... poor 9339 will end up sleeping on the streets or in the car & probably a car left to rot in the carpark.... :o :o :o

Haahahaha....

Have installed the Smart Top version 3.22 over the weekend . It works like a charm and well worth the $$$ spend !!! . :love7:

Also met C35 and Kompresser while waiting for my ride to be fixed up . Nice talking to both of you .

Paisei , supposed to attend the meet up yesterday but was not feeling too good thus not able to make it . Hopefully will be able to join you guys for kopi sessions next time round . :thumbsup: