• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Notice for Blackvue users : Resolve overheating issue

Nope,

Pretty much just fit on ...it was quite good within an hour or so while we had tea just outside the shop. As for my wife since it's her car, stare at the installation and workmanship like an hawk standing around lol, she quite impressed.

Cheers!

Doesn't the rear camera obstruct your rear electric curtain or you don't have one?

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Doesn't the rear camera obstruct your rear electric curtain or you don't have one?

Not at all, the rear camera is just the right size to avoid the electric blinds, no problems with it... also there are other cars before me without any issues :-)

Also with the rear blinds up, the picture quanlity is much better due to lesser reflection.

I will ask my wife to take a photo and i'd post it here :-)

Cheers!

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."

Also i find that the BlackVue Viewer is quite capable :-)

tracking and back trace lol

shh... don't tel my wife hahaha

ScreenShot2014-11-24at60117pm2_zps2c2ea3

"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast, you also miss the sense of where you are going and why."

Here's the rear view with blinds.

IMG_0012_zps717155b4.jpg

Neat! I will go for the Blackvue DR650GW-HD too!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

does it take into car battery? would it dran the battery?

I am very tempted to replace my FL-W212 CnC supplied cam as well.

Btw bro can share where is the shop and damage please?

Hi,

Depends on the option you pick, there is low voltage cut-off or two other option with standalone battery packs. They cost differently, there is an promotion price at their website www.blackvue.com.sg

As for the shop is hai wee enterprise, you can find them on Facebook, Carol the lady boss is friendly and NO GST!

Cheers!

Hi bro Pininy, photos are helpful, thanks!

I noticed you installed a Cellink B, does it mean that with this rechargable battery you therefore don't need to have the Power Cord?

let me try to answer as I am not very good at this.

In the e-class Merc there are already 2 batts for the engine mainly for ECO drive and the car system, the Cellink Battery is an additional power just for the video cam so it doesn't draw any from the existing batts to affect the current system even if it parked and still continues recording till it runs out of juice on cellink B. Also LIFE are safer they don't catch fire or explode like LIPO/Li-ion, as I am in the hobby of toying with these batteries :-) more info - http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithium_iron_phosphate_battery

Furthur info on cellink on Blackvue site http://www.blackvue.com.sg/cellink-b-battery.html

Did a trial video capture today in the MCE tunnel.

Just used the Wifi function, it's quite easy to copy video file over to my iphone less than a minute to copy.

And you can launch the app to upload to Youtube that takes longer depends on your 3G/4G/Wifi on your phone.

here's a impaitent BMW lady driver trying to cut in from behind.. but no worries... gotta giveway :-) no harm done.

SGK938D-1_zps1cc26bd3.jpg

video is good!

• Like 1

Thank you Bro Pininy,

I am going to get it installed as well .. FL W212 :)

Hi,

Depends on the option you pick, there is low voltage cut-off or two other option with standalone battery packs. They cost differently, there is an promotion price at their website www.blackvue.com.sg

As for the shop is hai wee enterprise, you can find them on Facebook, Carol the lady boss is friendly and NO GST!

Cheers!

Hi Bros,

Was told by others to install the DVR only in C&C as the wiring of Merc are more sensitive and complicated? is it true?

Was also told that C&C might just void some warranty for installing outside DVR?

Lastly, would like to know how much it cost and where would be the recommended installer?

Hi Bros,

Was told by others to install the DVR only in C&C as the wiring of Merc are more sensitive and complicated? is it true?

Was also told that C&C might just void some warranty for installing outside DVR?

Lastly, would like to know how much it cost and where would be the recommended installer?

Generally C&C agent very kiasee(scare die) and they have to protect themselves ...haha... as long as you don't change or do anything to the current wiring or system should be fine.

But in any case, these wires don't interact with the wiring of Merc except from the fuse box behind which shouldn't hinder any Merc system. Also we bought an additional Power unit - Cellink B for power.

Hope i answer your question :-) Look at my previous post, there are many shops that install this product, we went to Hai Wee Enterprise, you will be able to find them on facebook for their location and operating hours.

Cheers!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

Can i clarify ? Was looking at your pictures. The cameras are connected to celllink-B and not to any of the car battery ? and the cellink-B is put at the boot ?

So when it runs out of batt, you take it out and bring home to charge ?

Also, when they run the wires, do they need to take out the interior lining ?

Thanks very much.

Generally C&C agent very kiasee(scare die) and they have to protect themselves ...haha... as long as you don't change or do anything to the current wiring or system should be fine.

But in any case, these wires don't interact with the wiring of Merc except from the fuse box behind which shouldn't hinder any Merc system. Also we bought an additional Power unit - Cellink B for power.

Hope i answer your question :-) Look at my previous post, there are many shops that install this product, we went to Hai Wee Enterprise, you will be able to find them on facebook for their location and operating hours.

Cheers!

Hi,

Can i clarify ? Was looking at your pictures. The cameras are connected to celllink-B and not to any of the car battery ? and the cellink-B is put at the boot ?

So when it runs out of batt, you take it out and bring home to charge ?

Also, when they run the wires, do they need to take out the interior lining ?

Thanks very much.

Hello,

Best is to ask the blackvue installer, but here is what i can answer 

1) Cameras are hookup to the Cellink-B that's correct and not the Car Batteries 

2) Yes Cellink-B is located in the boot, you can see the photo check out https://www.facebook.com/HaiWeeEnterprise?fref=ts

there are more photo feeds on lots of other makes.

3) no, the Cellink-B is charge via the Car when it's turn on - on the breaker

4) and No you don't need to take home to charge lol!

5) not sure what are you referring to... best is to call them and ask..

cheers!

Much appreciated for your reply. Thanks. 

from the pics, does look like mercs are usually put in the boot. For other models, looks like mostly put under the seat.

Will call them and ask them more on the pricing and installation.

For the linen - was refering to the overhead interior linen. whether they need to remove everything to stick the wires in from the camera to celllink-b

Am i right using cellink b won't drain the car battery even though it is car battery is used to charge it ? compared to if we link directly.

Hello,

Best is to ask the blackvue installer, but here is what i can answer 

1) Cameras are hookup to the Cellink-B that's correct and not the Car Batteries 

2) Yes Cellink-B is located in the boot, you can see the photo check out https://www.facebook.com/HaiWeeEnterprise?fref=ts

there are more photo feeds on lots of other makes.

3) no, the Cellink-B is charge via the Car when it's turn on - on the breaker

4) and No you don't need to take home to charge lol!

5) not sure what are you referring to... best is to call them and ask..

cheers!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
On 02/08/2016 at 8:34 PM, epiwerks said:

no heat coming from the camera ? mine a bit hot. 

mine is on DR650-2CH and celllink B. Sometime overnight parking mode on, the cam i tough it is hot and near to 2 wire area on  top the windscreen will have slight fog.. any bros same?

5 hours ago, Chalski said:

mine is on DR650-2CH and celllink B. Sometime overnight parking mode on, the cam i tough it is hot and near to 2 wire area on  top the windscreen will have slight fog.. any bros same?

Mine exactly the same as yours. Don't know the camera will overworked or not like that 24hrs operating