• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying from C&C or parallel importer

Any advice on what terms to add when signing contract to buy from PI? Help is much appreciated as this is first time i am buying a Merc..

IMHO,

Buy from PI when the car is physically in the show room and note down the VIN number!

You get what you see and paid for!

Sometimes or most of the time, the PI doesn't know what final options the car comes with!

Take note!

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/2882-what-you-need-to-know-when-buying-a-pi-car/

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Who cover their warranty... and their servicing workshop.... check reputation of dealer... if they have the sign and f**k u attitude. ... and what price are they selling as compared to AD... if u r buying the C class... my call is AD.. cos difference is max at $20k.. OMV and ARF difference is already that much.....

This from a PI buyer.... hope it helps u....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Easily $40k iirc... you can call me SE at Vincar for their ride is already in showroom... let me know if u r interested. .. ive got the price.. but think still nego... let me know if u keen...... actually I'm keen... but CFO says no!!!!

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Always the case when trading in your old MB!

Always remember at least $15K more than "outside mkt!"

Always remember they have deep pockets to pay for your COE so your nego skills cums in!

Always remember what U wanna top up by trading in your old MB

Always remember it's a sum game!

Always bargain till as if U are giving up buying!

Always after the price is "more or less final" then all the service credits that can be converted to further price down, freebies, huber optic, nano sealant, gps, chrome, RC, MMI, exos tips, umbrellas, boot tub, floor mats and free tkb thrown in! :)

i like the 6th always :)

You're dethpicable. 

I'm driving a PI c class. Reason is yes, it's cheaper and omv is not lesser than CnC. Plus it come with memory seats which is a must in my criteria list. Everything of the car is factory fitted and covered by warantty. Even have option to go for 5 yrs warranty. Servicing ofcos is not going to be CnC but I'm ok with that becos many bro here say outside is better. Delivery of my car is 1 week with guaranteed Coe while CnC take mths. Had some issue with speedo reading initially but was rectify. All my previous ride are from AD but I have nv taken benefit from them in the form of warranty. So wonder why spend so much for AD. This time round I go for PI and save me abt 20k back then. Have not regretted it so far. 40k is a lot if it is for E class. If spec is similar I will forgo CnC form of warranty as I doubt you will claim something that cost more than 40k within the first 3 yrs.

Any advice on what terms to add when signing contract to buy from PI? Help is much appreciated as this is first time i am buying a Merc..

I think the usual thing similar from buying from AD. e.g Coe rebate value and the number of bids, estimated delivery of car, pcar spec and omv, old car trade in price.

I would say its good to buy from a PI that can list you the difference between the car spec of CnC against theirs. Ofcos verify it with all the CnC owner here.

I too was swaying between PI and CnC when I wanted to change my C-class in 2011. I have bought my W168 and W203 from CnC and have known the people there for a long time.

It was the price difference that made me swaying to PI but at the end of the day, I went back to CnC. As for specs, I just add the options and bargain for discount or have CnC throw in.

From past experience, CnC has always replace warranty parts without any questions asked and this is something that I feel good.

If ever there is any major issue, there is always a Diamler In Germany to go to and CnC will respond in double quick time. I doubt there is any big brother to go to for PI.

Buying a car is very much dependent on one's luck because we won't know if there is a big problem in the years ahead that may require warranty claim. I am looking at this like paying more to CnC for an insurance.

There is no right or wrong for PI and CnC, we will just have to think hard and buy from whoever that we feel comfortable.

I agree... and it's always numbers first before all other consideration kick in... I bought PI cos the difference is too big to ignore.... and I trust the reputation of Vincar....

Like unker said... all are numbers... this is my experience. .. went to C&C to enquire about the new E class..... and asked about my fake PI E class trade in.... was quoted $170k max for a one year old ride.... was told they take in around $180k max for AD ride... so the numbers is like ...

So what did PI quote you for your mercedes?

Frankly I didn't dare to ask them... if C&C offers only that much... I don't even wanna hear what PI offers... LOL... imagine having to top up $35K with C&C offer... won't know what I need to top up if trade in to PI... that's all before even forking out 50% of buying price.... So right now... CFO's order is NO!!!!!! :mad:  :mad:  :mad:

Like unker said... all are numbers... this is my experience. .. went to C&C to enquire about the new E class..... and asked about my fake PI E class trade in.... was quoted $170k max for a one year old ride.... was told they take in around $180k max for AD ride... so the numbers is like ...

So what did PI quote you for your mercedes?

PI normally won't bring in E200....

By the way, anyone got a good reference price of the PI 2013 E200, pls pm me can? thanks

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

• 1 year later...