• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying from C&C or parallel importer

Hi bros,

With the prices of COE going so high, would you consider getting a Mercedes from C&C or a parallel importer when the difference is at least 20k to 30k?

choose a reputable PI if you want to buy from them.

DUN EVER TRY SG VEHICLE AT BUKIT MERAH CENTRAL!!!

• Like 1

U wanna buy the new E class??? My SE in Vincar can help U... I have asked the price..... easily 30-40K less...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Frankly it all depends on your luck lah... And also make sure u buy from a reliable and reputable PI... This is my take on buying PI...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

U buy cheap... U sell cheap... But U buy expensive... also sell cheap.... u take ur pick... all thing are back to square 1 if the warranty ends.... Just ask the AD.... Trading in a one year old E class from them will cost U 50K cash....

• Like 2

Check and compare the detail specifications/factory accessories and the OMV.

I think generally PI cars have lower OMV value, hence PI able to sell lower than C&C.

If the specs are similar with comparable omv and is selling at 30-40k less, than its really worth it.

Lower omv may meant lower resale value.

However, PI also sometimes bring in high specs car, special order (features that is not available from C&C std car), so it all depends on what you want.

Eg PI S350 omv around 80 plus compared to C&C 90-100k.  Also have seen PI S class with no memory seat (std in C&C). 

Check and compare the detail specifications/factory accessories and the OMV.

I think generally PI cars have lower OMV value, hence PI able to sell lower than C&C.

If the specs are similar with comparable omv and is selling at 30-40k less, than its really worth it.

Lower omv may meant lower resale value.

However, PI also sometimes bring in high specs car, special order (features that is not available from C&C std car), so it all depends on what you want.

Eg PI S350 omv around 80 plus compared to C&C 90-100k.  Also have seen PI S class with no memory seat (std in C&C).

Ya la. Same as wat ah bui had just mentioned la.... Btw cnc do have high specs, before i sign for ur new car, gt a check list of wat u wan add on... Etc 7.1 sound system, pana roof, ils, etc many more...

Any implications on resale or trade in value?

From my experiences, when U trade in a MB for a new MB.

PI usually takes in your old MB $20K lesser than CnC.

(April 2010)

3 months old Audi A4 2.0 Quattro (AD - bought for $158K) to W212 E250

PI offered S$135K for Audi & $195K for new E250 AMG Sport Package but no keyless, no rear windscreen electric screen, no rear side screen

CnC took S$158K for Audi A4 & $226K for new E250 Avantgarde with Keyless + $5K service credit + Huber Optic + Nano Sealant + 3M Mats

Sep 2011

1 year old W212 E250 Avantgarde from CnC

Outside PI takes in W212 for $180K & $235K for new ML300

CnC takes in $200K for new ML300 @ $260K +$3K Service Credit + Nano Sealant

Nov 2011

I year old ML300 to FL C180 cgi

Outside PI takes in <$180K

CnC takes in ML300 for $218K for new FL C180 + $3K service credit + Huber Optic + Garmin GPS

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Thanks for sharing, info will come in handy for next round of upgrading :)

When I buy a MB from CnC and trading in my MB - asking them the trade in price is step 1.

Checking the used car open mkt "best take in price" is step 2 and PI trade in price is step 3.

I have 1 variant less is that I usually dun take loans when I buy my car!

When I decide to buy from CnC, my last step is to "how much $$$ I top up to upgrade or how much $$$ I am taking back when I downgrade" i.e my final trade in price. When all moons and sun aligned - then I will buy.

• Like 1

Cheers

Thank you for the useful information! So it seems buying from PI, though cheaper, but the trade-in value in much lesser as compared to CnC.

Always the case when trading in your old MB!

Always remember at least $15K more than "outside mkt!"

Always remember they have deep pockets to pay for your COE so your nego skills cums in!

Always remember what U wanna top up by trading in your old MB

Always remember it's a sum game!

Always bargain till as if U are giving up buying!

Always after the price is "more or less final" then all the service credits that can be converted to further price down, freebies, huber optic, nano sealant, gps, chrome, RC, MMI, exos tips, umbrellas, boot tub, floor mats and free tkb thrown in! :)

• Like 1

Cheers

Uncle next time i buy car must bring u along.. give u 30% of the saving! ;p

Then the SE also gimme Unker 30% of their commision - HUAT ARH!!!!! :)

• Like 1

Cheers

Like unker said... all are numbers... this is my experience. .. went to C&C to enquire about the new E class..... and asked about my fake PI E class trade in.... was quoted $170k max for a one year old ride.... was told they take in around $180k max for AD ride... so the numbers is like ...

I saved $55k when buying... so $15k diff when trading in is still good...

Imagine how much I had to top up if I had bought AD yhen and wanted to trade in... I'll be looking at a $60k top up ....