• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Battery died on me twice in 3 weeks!

leftfield

Couldn't start the car today after 2 days of no driving.  Has to call star assist to jump start the car.  Had same issue two weeks back on Sunday where I cant start the car after washing.

Battery is only 1.5 years old (same as the car).  Anyone else have the same issue? :thumbsd:

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Do you have power magic or its equivalent tapping onto your battery when your car is not running?

Got power magic to ensure battery not drained but still this happened

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Got power magic to ensure battery not drained but still this happened

Bro, based on my experience, power magic is not full-proof. Sometimes it fails and when it does your battery will die on you. It's not your battery's fault so changing to a new battery won't solve the problem. To solve this problem (short of removing power magic), I bought a battery booster pack to jump start on demand...

Bro, based on my experience, power magic is not full-proof. Sometimes it fails and when it does your battery will die on you. It's not your battery's fault so changing to a new battery won't solve the problem. To solve this problem (short of removing power magic), I bought a battery booster pack to jump start on demand...

Oh dear, doesn't sound good.  Anyway, i disconnected my blackvue over the weekend but car still couldn't start on Monday so I suppose that sort of rules that out.  BTW, where did u get your battery booster pack? Autobacs?

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Star assist didnt check the battery condition? Apart from power pack is there any electrical current devices on yr ride? Isolate all these devices for a week and monitor before a new batt. These devices will drain out yr batt when the inductor fails.

Star assist didnt check the battery condition? Apart from power pack is there any electrical current devices on yr ride? Isolate all these devices for a week and monitor before a new batt. These devices will drain out yr batt when the inductor fails.

No other devices leh. Only TPMS and a Garmin but these only power up when car starts.  I disconnected the tpms and Garmin over the weekend to confirm but battery still died anyway.

Autobacs. :D

Agar agar how much?

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

It usually won't be fully drained but rather with a low charge remaining. Too low to start the car with...

You're right. Both times they checked the battery, left with 8 volts instead of thr usual 12-14 volts

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

8V means your battery gone into deep discharge.

Another word IMHO your battery up lori and need to replace.

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

Sending the car in this Sat since I overseas next week.  They can take all their time to check whether there is any current discharge.  I got a feeling they are trying to blame it on the blackvue!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Sending the car in this Sat since I overseas next week.  They can take all their time to check whether there is any current discharge.  I got a feeling they are trying to blame it on the blackvue!

They will blame it on your maid if they have to. Hahaha... They'll find something to blame other than resolving your problem. Don't be surprised if they come back with a huge bill for your and free void of warranty. LOL

Quick update.  Collected my car last evening.  Battery replaced FOC, they did not detect any voltage leaks in the car.

Unker was right that your battery up lori! :)

Anyway happy for you!

• Like 1

Cheers

Unker seldom wrong in the first place what! :lol:

Most likely for battery answers nia cos spent 1 year experience x 28 years in battery assembly! :)

Cheers