• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

DIY: Replacing centre console cover + curtain - W204

fishwok

Just spent 5mins replacing a very badly worn center console cover + roller curtain.

First the before, so you can see why its annoying:

8919179599_6aaca095b9_z.jpg

Hideously worn all over and the roller skin feels sticky. So if you have something similar, let's do something about it. First the ingredients: Part numbers are

204 680 0207 9H44 (Console Cover)

204 680 7607 9051 (Roller Blind)

You also need to Torx screwdriver, can't remember if that's T20 or T15.

From my regular stockist, that's $38 for the cover and $40 for the roller curtain. For the installation, simply remove the rubber coin pouch thing behind the comand knob. U will see a screw underneath (and you can see that in the short below). Take out the screw then gently pry around the cup holder area and the coin pouch area towards the front then it would snap free from the front. You ultimately aim to pull fowards, then up and out. For the curtain, simply slide it all the out the front and slide the new one back. 2 minutes each way, rinse and repeat. 

Results below 

8919184587_7a5995f852_z.jpg

• Like 2

I got C&C change it for me twice during my warranty..at first they wanted me to pay for the parts and after some KPKB and I insist is manufacture fault that cos the peeling off..

Same here, got them to change for me FOC also as still under warranty but no need to KPKB as I just ask them why is the console peeling off and they just reply that they will get it change as still under warranty....

Erm... Why would you need the full setup? The part number I gave relates only to the curtain. Can't imagine how you would need to change the mountings. Anyway the stockist will have an exploded view of the area. You just tell him which parts you want and they will order.

Erm... Why would you need the full setup? The part number I gave relates only to the curtain. Can't imagine how you would need to change the mountings. Anyway the stockist will have an exploded view of the area. You just tell him which parts you want and they will order.

thanks fishwok, i tried to call the stockist but she said i must have the part number before they can check for me. should i pay them a visit personally to sort it out? 

I asked the question because i havent collected my ride yet so i m not sure what is the curtain mod all about. I thought i need to order the entire setup. can i just get the curtain and fit it on my FL W204?

thanks fishwok, i tried to call the stockist but she said i must have the part number before they can check for me. should i pay them a visit personally to sort it out? 

I asked the question because i havent collected my ride yet so i m not sure what is the curtain mod all about. I thought i need to order the entire setup. can i just get the curtain and fit it on my FL W204?

Hi do you know where is this "curtain" mods installation location?? This is not even a mods is a replacement damage parts at the center console. Hope you are not thinking those car curtains where it is mounted on the side or rear of the windows. Since your ride is super brandnew i dont see why you needs to source for these parts for replacement.

Hi do you know where is this "curtain" mods installation location?? This is not even a mods is a replacement damage parts at the center console. Hope you are not thinking those car curtains where it is mounted on the side or rear of the windows. Since your ride is super brandnew i dont see why you needs to source for these parts for replacement.

alamak, i really thought it was rear curtains that fit our rear window exactly. lol. thanks bm for clarifying.

• Like 1

alamak, i really thought it was rear curtains that fit our rear window exactly. lol. thanks bm for clarifying.

:) is okay, enjoy yr stays here.

• 2 weeks later...