• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine oil

Best engine oil I know is Mobil Gold very quiet...and smooth just tried it out

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Best engine oil I know is Mobil Gold very quiet...and smooth just tried it out

dun say best la... all back to own preference ar....

for mi, been running on liqui moly 4100 for couples of yrs... euro 5 disiel van, rex, to nw, c180... all on liqui moly 4100.

Dear Seniors,

How many litres of engine oil should i buy for C180 Coupe?

For Liqui Moly - the one to buy is TOP TEC 4100 -5W-40 -5L?  Any recommended place to buy?

For Mobil Gold - should buy 5w-20 or 5w-30?

Advice needed... thanks seniors!

Dear Seniors,

How many litres of engine oil should i buy for C180 Coupe?

For Liqui Moly - the one to buy is TOP TEC 4100 -5W-40 -5L?  Any recommended place to buy?

For Mobil Gold - should buy 5w-20 or 5w-30?

Advice needed... thanks seniors!

I'm not sure hw many litres of engine oil ur C180 Coupe would need.

But I can recommend the following place to buy Liqui Moly at a reasonable price.

I just found this place thru a workshop who recommended me.

I cant rmb if they sell Mobil Gold, but you can call and ask.

You can call Francis @ 9666-6886, juz let him know u r recommended by Daniel, he will give u special price.. ;p

Contact Detail       Address 44 Kallang Place Four Star Building 

#05-01 Singapore 339172 Tel : +65 6398 0848 Fax : +65 6398 0849 Email : [email protected]             Operational Time

Monday - Friday

1 pm to 7.30 pm

Saturday

11 am to 6.30 pm

Sunday

Appointment in advance

Pulic Holidays

Weekdays: 1.30 pm - 6.30 pm

Saturdays: 1.30 pm - 6.30 pm

Sundays: Closed

• Like 1

PURTIER aka Daniel & Pearly

www1.purtier.com

• 2 months later...

Hi all, 

Can I ask you guys for some opinion as to wat engine oil to use for w203? I have a July 2006 C180 Kompressor and I saw that the previous owner used 5W-50 engine oil for the last servicing. But one of my friend advised that no doubt it will protect the engine, but the high viscosity will also make the engine sluggish. He said 5w-40 is enough. 

Considering that car is relatively old in Singapore environment, would you all still use 5w-50? or 5w-40 or even 5w-30? 

thank you all for your opinions!  :bow:

Hi all,

Can I ask you guys for some opinion as to wat engine oil to use for w203? I have a July 2006 C180 Kompressor and I saw that the previous owner used 5W-50 engine oil for the last servicing. But one of my friend advised that no doubt it will protect the engine, but the high viscosity will also make the engine sluggish. He said 5w-40 is enough.

Considering that car is relatively old in Singapore environment, would you all still use 5w-50? or 5w-40 or even 5w-30?

thank you all for your opinions! :bow:

For your car (06) model....I believe 5w-40 fully synthetic oil is good as it gives better mileage. But pls change the oil every 10k km religiously as older engines do leave more deposits in the oil. Don't try 0w-30 on your car...unless you want a major engine overhaul job prematurely.

Mobile gold 5w-40. Good for my C180 coupe. Am so pleased back den.

Y I so kaypoh. Cos I sayang cars.

you're back!!!!

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill