• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Engine oil

What type of engine oil do you use? I am gathering feedback to see which type of oil best suit CGI engines, so that I can try on my next service.

For me, I tried Mobil one 5W40 synthetic and I find that the engine gets noisier after 10k. Currently I am using Roar ROAR Lubricant 'RS' Special Fully Synthetic Engine Oil and the engine seems more willing to rev, but expensive though.

Also, have any tried 5W30 grade oil like Redline or Castrol Edge Titanium before, and what is the feedback?

Mobil 1 (Gold) is still the best. How old is your ride? If its more than 2 yrs, 5w30 Grade is not recommended. Incidentally, the CGI engines are really hot due to the Turbo. Though C&C recommends 15k km service interval, I would prefer to do an oil change (only) in between at 7-8k km.

Mobil 1 (Gold) is still the best. How old is your ride? If its more than 2 yrs, 5w30 Grade is not recommended. Incidentally, the CGI engines are really hot due to the Turbo. Though C&C recommends 15k km service interval, I would prefer to do an oil change (only) in between at 7-8k km.

My ride is abt 2 yrs old but still relatively average in mileage. Mobil is good but I felt that it doesn't last that long, you can tell when it starts to get a little noisy at 8k. For me, I still stick to the 15k service interval but use longer lasting oil. Anyway I dont find the engine getting too hot maybe because I have an upgraded intercooler.

My ride is abt 2 yrs old but still relatively average in mileage. Mobil is good but I felt that it doesn't last that long, you can tell when it starts to get a little noisy at 8k. For me, I still stick to the 15k service interval but use longer lasting oil. Anyway I dont find the engine getting too hot maybe because I have an upgraded intercooler

May I ask what brand and where you got the upgraded inter-cooler and for how much? Thanks.

sorry OT a bit...

Anyone got change coolant themselves before?

Does our ride has coolant drain valve?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

dun have... need pump out.. or if u change raditor, then coolant will out all also...

if nt... top up coolant is the only thing most brothers here will had done be4

sorry OT a bit...

Anyone got change coolant themselves before?

Does our ride has coolant drain valve?

• Like 1

Mercedes Recommend Mobil

Anybody know what brand of Engine Oil is advisable for CLS 350?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.