• Announcements

• snsd555

SGMerc's Forum Software Updated!   08/23/2016

SGMerc Forum Software Update As of the 25th of August 2016, the site administrators have updated SGMerc's forum software to the latest stable version. This update brings with it tons of improvement, stability, and up-to-date features that makes the entire website more user-friendly for members. You are now able to @<membername> to converse directly with a person and bring the post to his/her attention. The website is also now fully responsive and looks a ton better when viewing on a mobile device. There are many other new features that will be shared with members once the conversion has been fully completed. You might notice that the website's theme/skin isn't the best looking one as it is the default theme but this will be fixed within the next couple of days. Hope you enjoy using the new website and please let us know in the Feedback Corner or via the Contact Us page if you encounter any bugs. Cheers! Regards,
      SGMerc Admin Team <3
robin1_sg

Engine oil

66 posts in this topic

What type of engine oil do you use? I am gathering feedback to see which type of oil best suit CGI engines, so that I can try on my next service.

For me, I tried Mobil one 5W40 synthetic and I find that the engine gets noisier after 10k. Currently I am using Roar ROAR Lubricant 'RS' Special Fully Synthetic Engine Oil and the engine seems more willing to rev, but expensive though.

Also, have any tried 5W30 grade oil like Redline or Castrol Edge Titanium before, and what is the feedback?

Mobil 1 (Gold) is still the best. How old is your ride? If its more than 2 yrs, 5w30 Grade is not recommended. Incidentally, the CGI engines are really hot due to the Turbo. Though C&C recommends 15k km service interval, I would prefer to do an oil change (only) in between at 7-8k km.

Hi

May I know how many litre of engine oil require for C250?

6+ liters.

Mobil 1 (Gold) is still the best. How old is your ride? If its more than 2 yrs, 5w30 Grade is not recommended. Incidentally, the CGI engines are really hot due to the Turbo. Though C&C recommends 15k km service interval, I would prefer to do an oil change (only) in between at 7-8k km.

My ride is abt 2 yrs old but still relatively average in mileage. Mobil is good but I felt that it doesn't last that long, you can tell when it starts to get a little noisy at 8k. For me, I still stick to the 15k service interval but use longer lasting oil. Anyway I dont find the engine getting too hot maybe because I have an upgraded intercooler.

My ride is abt 2 yrs old but still relatively average in mileage. Mobil is good but I felt that it doesn't last that long, you can tell when it starts to get a little noisy at 8k. For me, I still stick to the 15k service interval but use longer lasting oil. Anyway I dont find the engine getting too hot maybe because I have an upgraded intercooler

May I ask what brand and where you got the upgraded inter-cooler and for how much? Thanks.

May I ask what brand and where you got the upgraded inter-cooler and for how much? Thanks.

Autospritze..

carlube from ntuc..

that time got promotion.

5Lx2  $50!! lol

use 4000km can change liao.

sorry OT a bit...

Anyone got change coolant themselves before?

Does our ride has coolant drain valve?

dun have... need pump out.. or if u change raditor, then coolant will out all also...

if nt... top up coolant is the only thing most brothers here will had done be4

sorry OT a bit...

Anyone got change coolant themselves before?

Does our ride has coolant drain valve?

1 person likes this

Yep, 5k incl intercooler

$5k for intercooler? ??? Bro, sure or not?

I think all mods $5k leh. Intercooler is $2k fitted. Dunno whether worth the money as S3 for VW is only around $600+.

Piggy plus intercooler

Can we bring our own engine oil got C&C servicing?

15k coming up soon so want to check.

Later buy cannot use bang balls.

Mobil 1? Best?

Anybody know what brand of Engine Oil is advisable for CLS 350?

Mercedes Recommend Mobil

Anybody know what brand of Engine Oil is advisable for CLS 350?

CnC used Ultra S-Helix for my recent servicing

Mercedes Recommend Mobil