• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Help! "Transmission - visit workshop"

Dunbine

• 11 months later...

PM-ed you

I'm also experiencing jerking problem. Check engine light came on and off. Workshop did a scan and quoted $4k plus. Suspected throttle body, air-flow sensor, lamda sensor, etc.

Can share your workshop contact that solve your sensor problem?

• 10 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 08/07/2015 at 5:13 PM, dark_angle27 said:

I'm also experiencing jerking problem. Check engine light came on and off. Workshop did a scan and quoted $4k plus. Suspected throttle body, air-flow sensor, lamda sensor, etc.

Can share your workshop contact that solve your sensor problem?

Solve already? Can share workshop location and the cost?

• 3 months later...

This also happened to the transmission of my 8.5 year old A-Class (W169).
C&C quoted 4.5K to fix, and also charged me a fee to do the diagnosis.
Some solenoids were failing, and the error message would appear intermittently.
At first turning the car off and on again would fix the issue, but it got worse with time.
Given the age of the car and mileage (93K), I decided to trade-in the car instead.

• 2 months later...

Just caught on this thread. Looks like a lot of fellow B class owners are experiencing this?

Guys can I ask which year's b class specifically and also does this happen after a certain year? 

Justintown - a little surprised the issue came so early for your 2014 w246.

I realised I do some problems with my transmission too but didn't think it was too big an issue. 

Now that you guys mentioned all these, I'm starting to suspect if what I'm experiencing are early signs.

• 4 months later...

Hi MY Deniis,

Can you kindly share your workshop contact and details with me? My car B170 is having the same transmission issue these 2 days. Initial diagnosis by my brother's mechanics shows ECU issue. And changing it will cost 4K+!

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and regards.

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/05/2013 at 7:06 AM, mvdennis said:

It's likely only a sensor that's gone kaput. Cheap cheap. If you restart car and it's still not moving or jerky then you know you're in trouble. Happened to me on my previous jag and all it took was a $80 sensor to get it up again. Happy to recommend my mechanic if you haven't got a regular yet.

Hi Mvdennis,

hope you can pm soon and recommend your mechanic about this issue.

many thanks!

On 12/02/2018 at 11:45 AM, NickPSC said:

Hi MY Deniis,

Can you kindly share your workshop contact and details with me? My car B170 is having the same transmission issue these 2 days. Initial diagnosis by my brother's mechanics shows ECU issue. And changing it will cost 4K+!

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks and regards.

Hi, have you get your car fixed?

• 11 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi there!

I have a MB B200 Cdi 2013 and i wanted to know if any body know what it may cause the wired noise. When  i put in to gear it start trembling and a bit of shaking i think i comes from the clutch. its wired because it drive very smoothly and gears are perfect it only does it when fore example stop in to traffic light.

Ps: 7-SPEED AUTOMATIC DUAL CLUTCH TRANSMISSION 

T246
Generation
II

Please any suggestion will help .

Thnx.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys, I see this message is from years ago but I thought id give it a shot and ask away.

I literally just had a transmission service today. Before it was running fine but I was told to get one for my B class 2006 automatic.

I got it back from the mechanic, I drove down the road, left if it for the afternoon and then went to drive it again and it felt sluggish, weird. A message popped up on display, Transmission, visit workshop.

I was thinking whats happening, it was just serviced. Any ideas what the problem is? Thanks guys