• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Plasti dipped my rims

hauts

Nice!! DIY??

Hahah, no. Had to go to a workshop to do it.

I tried DIY dipping on other stuff like .. my shoes, my bowls. I could do it but it was so troublesome, especially holding it in the straight line, having to squat the rims.  So I decided to just get it done by more experienced people :P

I see, whats the damage for 4 rims? Contacts for the workshop?

me tooo. share the damage and workshop contact with us. thanks  ;)

The damage would be around $200 depending on size and design according to them. But I think they just $200 either way haha.

There's another workshop who would do for $180 but he didn't reply me and I couldn't wait. I didn't mind spending for a quality finish. They did an awesome job for me.

I did this at Graffiti Garage, the owner is Daniel, 91008582.

Went there at 9:30am, but 3pm, I could collect the car. They seemed pretty busy.

• Like 1

Your rims already black and so Chio, still wanna plastidip?

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Your rims already black and so Chio, still wanna plastidip?

Not for rims, market research!! Lolz

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The damage would be around $200 depending on size and design according to them. But I think they just $200 either way haha.

There's another workshop who would do for $180 but he didn't reply me and I couldn't wait. I didn't mind spending for a quality finish. They did an awesome job for me.

Went there at 9:30am, but 3pm, I could collect the car. They seemed pretty busy.

Haha Daniel's FOREVER BUSY de....

• 6 months later...

What happens if you get kerb rashes? Will the plastic start to peel off starting from the rashes?

Uhm, happened to me, someone kerb my rims and only the portion which came into contact of the kerb scratched off.

If it's a bad scratch, the plasti dip will peel off but usually it's pretty unnoticeable.

There's a YouTube video on what to do if that happens I think.

i did on my grille including the Star on grille and front LED chrome holder.

Benefits are you can change colour or re-dip whenever the needs arises.

Removal is also easy in case you want to reverse what you had dipped. DIY removal

Alternative to plasti will be sticker or wrap imo... which are reversible rather easily. 

• 2 weeks later...

200 per rims??

Done plasti dip on my front grill and rear emblems for almost 6 months. So far boh tai chi but was "vandalised" by some itchy hand and had to respray.

For my rims, I decided to get someone to respray normal spray then plasti dip, its definitely cheaper and permanent. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry if I'm bumping this thread again.

Would not recommend to go Graffiti Garage for plasti dip.

Their prices are very .. "unstable". I asked and was quoted $200 for 4 rims.

Waited one week, came back and was told that prices were raised to $220++?

Had my friend ask to see what prices are really like, he got quoted $250 for 4 rims.

Plus their location isn't the best.

I have a contact who does it in a multi storey carpark in Toa Payoh, really meticulous, and best of all, free carpark :P

Oh and he's much more friendlier/ easier to talk to than Grafitti Garage.

PM me if anything.

• Like 1