• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

any good bat kut teh in iskandar area?

zjared

Since nobody share. My little experience in Legoland. Remember to clear all your things like liquor or singapore cigies if you have more than 1 pack. I know some of you are like me, like to buy a carton and keep in the car for conveient sake. I had a bottle of wine in my boot, got fined!!! I didn't know when did I leave it there but i didn't do any shopping there so it is defintely from Singapore. Luckily didn't find my singaopore cigies if not kenna more. Don't ask me why the %$#@ law is like that.

Malaysia custom more friendly than Singapore probably because they charged more. Our custom officers are more interested in fining you. As a singaporean, I felt disappointed although I met with a friendly custom officer later on.

Down to legoland, the eateries around legoland is sort of singapore pricing. So you may have to travel further away to get more value for your money but I didn't bother as I am a lost angel there. Get your discount coupon ready, Toysrus will give you 30% off. Each card entitle you 4 tickets. I printed out my voucher but didn't get to use them because we got a kind singaporean who gave me a voucher for 35% off. It cost $91rm per adult, kids at $72. Below 3 is free but there is nothing much for kids below 3. Maybe only get 30% of joy. For 4 and above, you get to enjoy more. Best is 6 and above.

It's really hot!!!! Get your caps, umbrella ready, sunscreen lotion and lots of water. Don't be stuborn cos I learnt my lessons. It's really much much hotter than singapore. The outdoor playground is so hot until the slide is sorching hot. I got burnt and it's painful when I touch it to test the heat before my kid plays on it. I was already suspecting when I touch the wooden frame of the playground.  Water is expensive there what can you expect from a tourist attraction. It's really huge, be there early and have plenty of sleep the day before. Lego there is somehow slightly more expensive than in singapore  for smaller items but slightly cheaper for bigger items but there are more variety and collections there.

The rides are not as fun for adults while it is fun for kids. Get extra clothing or rain coat if you intend to sit in the boat ride like haw par villa's one. You are sure to get drenched from head to toe. It is probably a design flaw.

The scariest is probably the roller coaster, but nothing like the Universal studio after all legoland is more for kids. I enjoyed my time there with my family as there is more interaction and involvement than universal studio.

I didn't get to eat my dinner there, came back to singapore for dinner. My greatest joy is probably when I see my car is still there when I reached the carpark.

Hearsay Johor has got more merc than Singapore... so now its a commom thing to see Merc... But still not very safe if U drive an SUV.... they are still commodities there....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Then don even go in lah... easy.... or install a detonator in your ride.... kill those bastards tgat steal ur ride....

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

I wish Legoland is built in Singapore then we don't have to go there. In Singapore, you won't have this thinking that your car is missing when you cannot find your car at the carpark. You will think you probably forget where you park. I think it is good to remain viligant and share ideas and methods to protect ourselves and our property instead of begin complacent and end up hurting ourselves or family.

Merc no issue about jacking...haha....well i had to park my Merc with key in the boot for more than 24hrs in malayisa hello kitty land they guards know my key is in the boot and no way to start the car.

next day car is still dere....haha...many mechanics told me its impossible to steal a merc and sell it....waste of time only too hard to pick the lock and no way to order a whole new set of keys w/o the log card and ID. Jack le no way to start engine so whats the point?

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Merc no issue about jacking...haha....well i had to park my Merc with key in the boot for more than 24hrs in malayisa hello kitty land they guards know my key is in the boot and no way to start the car.

next day car is still dere....haha...many mechanics told me its impossible to steal a merc and sell it....waste of time only too hard to pick the lock and no way to order a whole new set of keys w/o the log card and ID. Jack le no way to start engine so whats the point?

how did you lock your car if key is inside?

You're dethpicable. 

haha via boot...boot can lock key inside...once inside cant open ....only can open by spare key

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.