• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Wiper squeal

colrc

I know the 100 million dollar one can???  the face got wear nice hat one... with pearls dangling infront of his face...... :phew:  :phew:  :phew:

...ya lor...broke my glass heart.... But nvr mind.... Juz tell us wad colour and wad size is a million $$$ note.. :)?

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've had experienced the same noisy wiper and tried polishing the windscreen. There are only slight improvements. Went to Autobacs and was told can't just fit in the Piaa refills. The whole thing costs $168. Bought a set of Bosch instead at $70 plus. Works magnificiently well.

• 6 months later...

So we don't really need to change the wiper? My ride is just a year 2 mths old, has the juddering sound symptoms and also some lines across the windscreen when it wipes.

Wondering if it is time to change the wiper or as you guys suggest to get the following:

1. Add the PIAA Refill in the windscreen liquid container? Is the PIAA refill better than the MB windscreen washer concentrate? or

2. Do we need to clean the windscreen using the Glass Compound as shared by bro Ray5533?

Many thanks.

Does anyone has problem with the wiper motor? My car is less than a year old, has some sound from the wiper motor when I turn on the wipers during rainy weather. Is it manufacturer defect, my previous car 8 years old and it's a made in Thailand Toyota dint have such a problem. Can anyone advise.

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

Slowpoke, this would be the first time I come across wiper motor faulty. Maybe you can check the wiper well to see if there is any leaf or twigs stuck there. Alternatively, just send the car back to CNC if you got it from them.

Please do remember that you will have to replicate the sound when they are there....otherwise they will say no sound. Also you will have to be firm with them, as you are the customer, you have the right to make them listen to you.

Good luck.

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

Slowpoke, this would be the first time I come across wiper motor faulty. Maybe you can check the wiper well to see if there is any leaf or twigs stuck there. Alternatively, just send the car back to CNC if you got it from them.

Please do remember that you will have to replicate the sound when they are there....otherwise they will say no sound. Also you will have to be firm with them, as you are the customer, you have the right to make them listen to you.

Good luck.

Thanks Old-MAN. There is no leaf or twigs struck there. Its just the sound from the motor. Yes and i intend to go back soon from my nano sealant in early december. Cheers

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

Thanks Old-MAN. There is no leaf or twigs struck there. Its just the sound from the motor. Yes and i intend to go back soon from my nano sealant in early december. Cheers

go back cnc do nano? lol dun waste time waste money bro.

do outside better..

• 3 months later...

last week went to autobacs to find the piaa refill! But out of stock for the w204 size..

this week talked to a SA from Pandan, he told me my w204 (1.6 turbo charge model) cannot just change the refill, need change whole set.. but ask me go outside buy..

bro asiadj, your ride is which model that can change refill?

mm1 say autobac say cannot also leh?

very confused :huh:

last week went to autobacs to find the piaa refill! But out of stock for the w204 size..

this week talked to a SA from Pandan, he told me my w204 (1.6 turbo charge model) cannot just change the refill, need change whole set.. but ask me go outside buy..

i never fit refill. i bought whole set.. abt 1yr plus plus liao... doing well...

juddering slight now. but 2wipes, clear until snail crawl pass also can see.

anyone try to use 2b pencil to brush on the rubber tip of the wiper. works quite well..

previously saw it on a facebook page and i applied it on my lexus.

but if wiper is old and rubber is harden and broke off, better still change a new one.

clear visibility is also a key safety feature

Whole set means the metal piece with rubber? Thot piaa is full piece only, not rubber refill

You're dethpicable. 

anyone try to use 2b pencil to brush on the rubber tip of the wiper. works quite well..

previously saw it on a facebook page and i applied it on my lexus.

Does this work on the Merc wipers? I just changed mine to a new set (original), yet still have sound. 

Thinking of getting Dr Glass to polish, but may try some DIY methods first :).