• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Wiper squeal

colrc

I was told most C-Class have this prob bcoz of the protection layer applied on the windscreen during shipment.

I managed to resolved the prob after spending less than a Blue note!

2001-2007 = Toyota Harrier

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2011-2012 = Evoque (crap!)

2012- = W204

If wiper gt problem, drive in autobacs, ask for the piaa wiper refill, spend additinal 2bucks they change for u... Also less than a blue note

I was told most C-Class have this prob bcoz of the protection layer applied on the windscreen during shipment.

I managed to resolved the prob after spending less than a Blue note!

If your ride is only about a year or two and parked under shelter it shld not be the wiper/rubber issue.

Just need to go to the right grooming chap and he will use a polishing machine to remove the layer of rubbery composite that is causing the prob.

I'm a 'victim' to this prob and had changed a few wipers and pulled out much of my hairs before an old chap from a workshop advised me to do the above.

Good luck to those with this prob...it's bloody irritating esp. when it is raining almost everyday now!

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2012- = W204

Polish the windscreen shld not be more than 3 red notes!

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2012- = W204

first 2-3 weeks after collection was fine...super smooth. but its juddering now....so it cannot be that rubbery composite as mentioned rite? if it is, should judder from the beginning...or did the stock wippers left that coat on windscreen.

You're dethpicable. 

Just spent a few red ones and get it fixed.

Want to know where to do it just let me know I'll bring u guys there.

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2012- = W204

for mine, the juddering only started last month...after 3yrs

You are lucky, mine started juddering on the 5th day after collection when I drove in the rain for the 1st time.  Scrapping loudly against the windscreen.  Sent back to C&C and they polished the windscreen and adjusted the angle of the wiper arms (what I was told), the problem pops up on and off a few months later but I'm too lazy to send the car in.  Usually when the wipers judder I just turn on the wiper washing liquid and it will sweep smoothly for a while.  I asked the car groomer to pay more attention to the windscreen whenever I sent the car in.  I will ask C&C to check the wipers again when I go for servicing.

If wiper gt problem, drive in autobacs, ask for the piaa wiper refill, spend additinal 2bucks they change for u... Also less than a blue note

Bro, you mean change the wiper blade only to silicone or the entire wiper? Cause I went to Autobacs, they selling the entire wiper set for W204, PIAA Silencio X.TRM Silicone model no VM391S, for $168. But the wiper looks thinner than stock wiper

Nt wiper set... Just the refill nia. Wiper set darm exp.... Ask autobacs, hello, i wan buy piaa refill have?.... Will do.

Bro, you mean change the wiper blade only to silicone or the entire wiper? Cause I went to Autobacs, they selling the entire wiper set for W204, PIAA Silencio X.TRM Silicone model no VM391S, for $168. But the wiper looks thinner than stock wiper

i try to memorize it....

HEY, I WANT TO BUY PIAA REFILL, HAVE?

• Like 1

You're dethpicable. 

...hahahahaha ...:)...!!

... Oso i tot spelt wrongly... Piaa? Hehe... A bit slow this evening...

...asiadj...can I use proper Queens' instead...:)?

...dear good sir, I was just wondering if there is a possibility to check if you might possibly have wipers' refills for my car. The product I believe, goes by the name "Piaa". Thank you ever so much....

i try to memorize it....

PIAA .. PIECHA... PIAA.. PIECHA... PIAA.. PIECHA...

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

...dear good sir, I was just wondering if there is a possibility to check if you might possibly have wipers' refills for my car. The product I believe, goes by the name "Piaa". Thank you ever so much....

Sales Asst: SIAO LIAN, LI AI BUAY SI MI? PIAA ZHUI?!

You're dethpicable.