• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Piggy back or ecu remap

Eddy tan

Actually I was hesitating between racechip, carlsson, monster and dr hannson.... Decided to go for racechip due to price and compatibility for my other friends in our group buy. Got the racechip ultimate for $930...

:thumbsu: Great choice Tykl! I'd installed my Racechip Ultimate (Facebook Edition) myself. Couldn't be more happy with it. I am enjoying better FC and power delivery feels alot like a V8 engine with the growl when I floor the accelerator. Will post a DIY installation later :D .

For SGD 930 is pretty good price . Brabus will charge around 5 K for ECU remapping and install new inter-cooler .WOW - must be good I guessed

Understand urs also a250.. Been searching around for chips so finally got this racechip but bear in mind to give it sometime for installation as my ride's ecu detected error message. vendor to do some plugging/ unplugging and driving around. Heard from him it's quite prevalent for the new a-class..

Whole thing took around 1.5 hours. Thought would take no more thab 30 mins so this delay made me late for another appointment!

I have made some error in my message , it should read as "As long as the engine is not damaged MB don't really bother , however if the engine is damaged due to ECU mapping , they will void the warranty claim . Technically any ECU mapping will increase its design KW & HP , say 25% , it will runs hotter and it would be better to install a bigger inter-cooler to cope with the extra heat and Singapore tropical heat.

My previous car I did ECU remapping and it is observed the water temperature has increase slight higher , say 93 instead of 90C .

if engine is ok you dont need their warranty rite....so the big question is...what happen if theres prob...mod dun scared, scared dun mod....i scared...hahaha

You're dethpicable. 

if engine is ok you dont need their warranty rite....so the big question is...what happen if theres prob...mod dun scared, scared dun mod....i scared...hahaha

If there is a problem  - that's it I guessed . I have remap my ECU in my current car just after 6 month from delivery and it date I am still enjoying the extra hp and smooth acceleration ! I start looking around ecu remapping as my  a250 will be delivered around October according to C&C.