• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Piggy back or ecu remap

Eddy tan

I installed the MKB Ver 2 Performance on my w204 C250 Coupe. +50Nm torque and +35 Hp. Obvious improve in performance. Sent the car for 2nd servicing. No issues and problem and no need to remove module for inspection. C&C Service Technician asked me what I do as he observe the car is more power than other C250 he has serviced.

Go for it and you will not regret.

Regards

Hi , I am about to make purchase A250,may I know where to get the MKB Ver 2 Performance , Thanks

Just installed racechip ultimate for my a250 on sat, had some engine error indicator lights but managed to get it fixed. Apparently due to sensitivity of ecu of the a-class. Can see better fuel efficiency figures from onboard computer of <9.9l/100km.

Just installed racechip ultimate for my a250 on sat, had some engine error indicator lights but managed to get it fixed. Apparently due to sensitivity of ecu of the a-class. Can see better fuel efficiency figures from onboard computer of <9.9l/100km.

Congrats.......TRD next?

There are a few different sites selling different trd... a few of us got it from dr. Hanson. But dr hanson sometime very difficult to find. You can google euromodz and check with them. They work with dr hanson on the product and can install it for you.

Bro u install piggy strictly speaking oredi voided your warranty..

TRD is totally reversible

Agree. Ill still remove the whole thing (including cables) before sending to service.. If really caught then too bad.. Had to accept this fact when taking such risks. :)

That was what I thought initially as well. But boy, what a difference it made to the drivability of the car. Not pushing anything but I enjoy my ride with these 2 gadgets working together : )

I have to concur. In theory TRD just presses your throttle more with less effort. In reality, it works far better than that. With Doc Hansson's device, you have 22 settings to choose the sensitivity you desire. One word of warning: if you choose it to be too sensitive, it may become jerky as your right foot may not be used to it. Choose the correct setting for your right foot and you will enjoy far better response than standard. It makes the car feel like it has more torque and that's a great feeling. :D

• Like 1

if using both gadgets, which one should be installed first assuming same vendor doesn't supply both

That was what I thought initially as well. But boy, what a difference it made to the drivability of the car. Not pushing anything but I enjoy my ride with these 2 gadgets working together : )

if using both gadgets, which one should be installed first assuming same vendor doesn't supply both

actually you can get both at the same place.. Euromodz... and u even can change ur bbk there too... just look for Annis... he will be able to assist u.. with all TRD.. Piggyback and BBK... happy modding.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Depends on what is more important to you. For my fl w204, there is a turbo lag when driving in E mode. The TRD reduces this lag (but not totally remove it). However, as the trd does not actually increase the power, there is no improvement in the actual acceleration. Conversely, with the piggy back installed but without the trd, the lag is still there but once the turbo kicks in, the increased power actually makes the acceleration much faster. In terms of price, the trd is much cheaper to install as compared to the piggy back. I dont know if you get what I mean. I am not a techical person and so can only shared my driving experience. Best is to get both installed if possible.

• Like 1

my BBK was installed by Annis

actually you can get both at the same place.. Euromodz... and u even can change ur bbk there too... just look for Annis... he will be able to assist u.. with all TRD.. Piggyback and BBK... happy modding.....

Hi, what is the brand of piggyback Euromodz is carrying?

This piggyback is customized by Dr Hannson... which he shares the same workshop with Euromodz.... thus Annis withh assist in the installation. ... u can check out the Dr's thread at the sponsor column... and decide if its what u want....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

How will you know if the engine is damaged by the mod?

I have made some error in my message , it should read as "As long as the engine is not damaged MB don't really bother , however if the engine is damaged due to ECU mapping , they will void the warranty claim . Technically any ECU mapping will increase its design KW & HP , say 25% , it will runs hotter and it would be better to install a bigger inter-cooler to cope with the extra heat and Singapore tropical heat.

My previous car I did ECU remapping and it is observed  the water temperature has increase slight higher , say 93 instead of 90C . 

Actually I was hesitating between racechip, carlsson, monster and dr hannson.... Decided to go for racechip due to price and compatibility for my other friends in our group buy. Got the racechip ultimate for $930...

For SGD 930 is pretty good price . Brabus will charge around 5 K for ECU remapping and install new inter-cooler .WOW - must be good I guessed