• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Piggy back or ecu remap

Eddy tan

MKB, Brabus, Monster Tune, Dr Hannson etc. brand difference.

Piggyback is plug and play, want go servicing, claim warranty etc. just remove. When the time comes to sell your car, can remove the system and sell. ECU remap will modify the default ECU software in your car, it's more troublesome when it comes to removing it as you'll need to go back to your tuner to restore the default software. Might have some issues with regards to warranty. That said, ECU mapping can generally give you better performance compared to piggybacks.

Check with our sponsors, MBM Wheelpower, Monster Tune, First Auto, Dr Hannson. They each have performance tuning options for you to decide. Do find trusted sources to tune up your car.

• Like 1

just own a w212 e250 cgi last two weeks , no much experience on mb performance modify . So need all sifus to give advise .......

what is the different for mkb and others tuning box? 

Piggybag....

cheers

Piggyback is plug and play, want go servicing, claim warranty etc. just remove. When the time comes to sell your car, can remove the system and sell. ECU remap will modify the default ECU software in your car, it's more troublesome when it comes to removing it as you'll need to go back to your tuner to restore the default software. Might have some issues with regards to warranty. That said, ECU mapping can generally give you better performance compared to piggybacks.

Check with our sponsors, MBM Wheelpower, Monster Tune, First Auto, Dr Hannson. They each have performance tuning options for you to decide. Do find trusted sources to tune up your car.

thanks for your advise markcwq . normally mb's owner will go for which brand of piggyback? 

thanks for your advise markcwq . normally mb's owner will go for which brand of piggyback?

There are a few members who are on Monster Tune. I'm personally on MKB. Brabus is another heavyweight brand you should check out. Very reputable. Our sponsor First Auto is their AD.

There are a few members who are on Monster Tune. I'm personally on MKB. Brabus is another heavyweight brand you should check out. Very reputable. Our sponsor First Auto is their AD.

monster tune and mkb are most famous in the market , how about the price ? tq

monster tune and mkb are most famous in the market , how about the price ? tq

You'd have to enquire with the tuners on price.

• 1 month later...

Dear bros, I just got my A250 W176 two weeks ago and looking into piggyback as understand from both markcwq above, and MT that this it is fully irreversible. I'm pretty sure manufacturers is aware of such tricks and as such wont they be able to check from their computer plugins to onboard computer to check that the ecu has indeed been tempered with?

mai tu liao... eddy!

I installed the MKB Ver 2 Performance on my w204 C250 Coupe. +50Nm torque and +35 Hp. Obvious improve in performance. Sent the car for 2nd servicing. No issues and problem and no need to remove module for inspection. C&C Service Technician asked me what I do as he observe the car is more power than other C250 he has serviced.

Go for it and you will not regret.

Regards

I installed the MKB Ver 2 Performance on my w204 C250 Coupe. +50Nm torque and +35 Hp. Obvious improve in performance. Sent the car for 2nd servicing. No issues and problem and no need to remove module for inspection. C&C Service Technician asked me what I do as he observe the car is more power than other C250 he has serviced.

Go for it and you will not regret.

Regards

Bro, this is the first time I hear that the service engineer cannot detect the piggy back and cant tell what happened. Upz to you : )

I also went in with my MKB and TRD for my 55k servicing. The technician noted the module but didn't say anything more. I went it few weeks back due to my Engine Light lighting up. They diagnosed it as an air pipe leak, and still covered it under my warranty. I guess it's case by case and boils down to how well your relationship is with C&C and your SA.

• Like 1

Anyone go in with paddle shift mod? They ok with it?

I did. They didn't say anything or even take note of it.

• 1 month later...