• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Shiny Rims – How?

nala

Just to share this.

I've been using Armor All Wheel Protectant and I must say that I'm pretty satisfied.

In general, it can keep my rims shinny for approx 4-6 weeks. But of course, it comes with care.

Application

1. Choose a day when I'm home most of the time.
  2. Make sure rims are super clean.
  3. Ensure it's DRY.
  4. Don't use any wheel(tyre) spray. It's gonna dirty your rims.
  5. Spray 3-4 coatings, over a interval of 1-2hours each.
  6. When you spray, make sure don't over-do it. It'll leave white residue. Just spray lightly.
  7. Treat it as you're spraying a paint on an object.

During Washing

If you'll need to wash your car at petrol kiosk, make sure you tell them don't touch your wheels. Don't spray, etc.

Just to share. Hope it helps the bros here who's having issue with dirty rims!

Here are some pics after 4 weeks of driving. Of course, in normal condition. Even after rain and shine.  :)

Last Saturday I saw this spray having promo at Yishun Shell. 20% off I think... $13ish per can.

post-90-0-33502600-1366644513_thumb.jpgpost-90-0-56470900-1366644513_thumb.jpgpost-90-0-74250800-1366644513_thumb.jpgpost-90-0-94418700-1366644513_thumb.jpgpost-90-0-15573100-1366644514_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Bought and used it. Yes, it does help in a way, find less dust, but not sure if just a placebo effect and not sure any long term unwanted problems..

Anyway, recently met my goldwing friends. one of them had been using this armor oil wheel protectant on the chrome parts of his bike...it avoid those watermarks he said....if you know what i mean, so the chrome shines longer with less maintenance. 

So perhaps can use on the Merc front grille or even the star?

Just to share this.

I've been using Armor All Wheel Protectant and I must say that I'm pretty satisfied.

In general, it can keep my rims shinny for approx 4-6 weeks. But of course, it comes with care.

Application

1. Choose a day when I'm home most of the time.
  2. Make sure rims are super clean.
  3. Ensure it's DRY.
  4. Don't use any wheel(tyre) spray. It's gonna dirty your rims.
  5. Spray 3-4 coatings, over a interval of 1-2hours each.
  6. When you spray, make sure don't over-do it. It'll leave white residue. Just spray lightly.
  7. Treat it as you're spraying a paint on an object.

During Washing

If you'll need to wash your car at petrol kiosk, make sure you tell them don't touch your wheels. Don't spray, etc.

Just to share. Hope it helps the bros here who's having issue with dirty rims!

Here are some pics after 4 weeks of driving. Of course, in normal condition. Even after rain and shine.  :)

Last Saturday I saw this spray having promo at Yishun Shell. 20% off I think... $13ish per can.

attachicon.gifphoto 1.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 2.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 3.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 4.JPGattachicon.gifphoto 5.JPG

Thanks for sharing, should give a try