• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Backup lines from the reverse camera

A cheapo mod!

post-502-0-90683500-1366382591_thumb.jpg

2001-2007 = Toyota Harrier

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2011-2012 = Evoque (crap!)

2012- = W204

Where is it done at mine is also c&c local fitted camera

If you go to any of our events, look for me. I'll help you do it. 5 min job.

Will the originally Mercedes reverse camera work?

So far for factory fitted systems I've tried, I'm unable to set the lines on.

So far for factory fitted systems I've tried, I'm unable to set the lines on.

Mark

Is this how u do it? If so, I try later.

Press and hold "HANG UP" + "1" + "#" for 10 seconds to enter engineering menu. Then hardware settings, HU PARAMETERS AND LOOK FOR "RVC" (rer view camera) or "ARVC" (asvanced rear view canera).

Exit the Eg. Menu and turn off the car, lock. After few minutes go back in guide lines shiuld be there.

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Hmmm...I put up the steps to activate the backup lines but was immediately deleted.

Guess I'm not supposed to disclose such info?????

2001-2007 = Toyota Harrier

2007-2011 = Civic Hybrid

2011-2012 = Evoque (crap!)

2012- = W204

Mark

Press and hold "HANG UP" + "1" + "#" for 10 seconds to enter engineering menu. Then hardware settings, HU PARAMETERS AND LOOK FOR "RVC" (rer view camera) or "ARVC" (asvanced rear view canera).

Exit the Eg. Menu and turn off the car, lock. After few minutes go back in guide lines shiuld be there.

This is for factory fitted system. It allows access into engineering mode. So far there isn't any option to set guide lines. Don't mess about with the settings too much, can cause faults.

Mark

If I not wrong, need sensor for such things to work? so at least must have the Partronics installed

Unlike BMW where the camera is mounted centre of the car, MB's cameras are fitted towards the side. Therefore, gridlines will never be that accurate and centralised.

This is for factory fitted system. It allows access into engineering mode. So far there isn't any option to set guide lines. Don't mess about with the settings too much, can cause faults.

Tried, still cannot.

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

I think the factory fitted reverese camera already has some coloured lines.

But this lines seems fix (doesnt turn with steering wheel).

Hmm. Interesting, have yet to see factory fitted W204 with guide lines. Got photo of yours? For it to turn, you'll need to go aftermarket.

Tried, still cannot.

My C180 came fitted with PAL system RC to the Audio 20.

When retrofitted COMAND NTG 4.5 - which accept NTSC system.

The PAL camera has no color display & became B & W on the COMAND

Found that the RC was outsourced to Tomo-CSE by CnC.

Went Tomo-CSE asked for a change for the RC from PAL to NTSC - wasted my time there.:(

Went to AutoSpritze and traded in my PAL RC for a cheapo NTSC RC <$100 that has quide lines - Heppy! :)

• Like 2

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Seniors,

my car does not come with a reverse cam... any idea how much and where to fit one that is compatible with Audio 20?

Go check with Ah Boon Autospritze

• Like 1

Cheers

Dear Seniors,

my car does not come with a reverse cam... any idea how much and where to fit one that is compatible with Audio 20?

You can call up your Sales Exe (if you got your car from C&C). They'll be able to install a locally fitted one for you. If not, you can try enquiring with our sponsors, camber53, ricric_lo.

• Like 1

You can call up your Sales Exe (if you got your car from C&C). They'll be able to install a locally fitted one for you. If not, you can try enquiring with our sponsors, camber53, ricric_lo.

Ah Boon got the lines out but he didnt want to show me how he do it! Magic! My RC was localled installed btw. Silly me!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

How to check if the RC was factory fitted or installed locally? I didn't ask my SE about that..

IMHO,

All C & E Class RC from CnC are outsourced to Tomo-CSE

http://www.tomocse.com.sg/TOMO-CSE_AUTOTRIM_PTE_LTD.html

Cheers

Thanks!

So guess mine should be fitted locally too. Was checking with C&C on the cost to get the integrated GPS too, was quoted 1.5k!  :startle:

But if I go Tomo-CSE directly, think C&C will threaten to void warranty... haiz