• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Need advice on replacing W5W bulb (a.k.a. parking light)

silverarrow

Hi All,

I tried to replace all the bulbs in the headlight of my W204 (face lifted) this afternoon with whiter bulbs. I was successful in swapping the H7s with Diamond Vision 5K by following the instructions in the car's manual. However, I had problems removing the parking light bulbs (W5W). According to the manual, it said to pull out the bulb holder (no turning is required). However, it wouldn't budge at all when I tried to pull it out and I gave up eventually after 10 minutes of effortful tugging. 

Any bros or sis here have experience in replacing the parking light yourself? Your advise will be much appreciated.

Thank you.

<mann fai>

I managed to do on my W220 S280 with ease..... its fitted beside my fog light so i just need to pull the cable out and the bulb came out as well

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Please refer to this....

post-2728-0-64828700-1365352280_thumb.png

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

i pulled quite hard then came out... but dont now how put back in haha! then go work shop ask them make haha!
Now my turning lamp is diamond vision 5k!

Youngest & the most Naive monkey here i guess...

Put back also easy lei

i pulled quite hard then came out... but dont now how put back in haha! then go work shop ask them make haha!
Now my turning lamp is diamond vision 5k!

Dont pull the wire else is time to visit a good workshop.

I followed these instructions. I'm having problems with the 4th step. I pulled the wires but was afraid that it will snap. I grabbed the bulb holder and pulled but no luck as well. My finger tips are very sore now as a result  :(. Maybe will try again this weekend when my fingers are better. 

Please refer to this....

attachicon.giflights.png

Don't pull wire then pull where?

Ok then try to pull the wire instead.

Will try that. So did you have problems putting it back in like bro Jaxon mentioned? The price to pay for looking good. Sigh.

Use a long nose pliers and wrap with some plastic sheets then use it to pull out. I did mine with that method no sweat

As I was pulling, I saw the the reflector flexing in and out. Looks kind of flimsy and was afraid it will break, very scary. Then the question comes, I might need to do this on a yearly basis when LTA eventually comes calling for inspection to be done.

Bro trust me, come out easy, gg in different story!

• Like 1

There's a video on youtube that teaches you how to replace the bulbs on the "eyelid" of the pre-facelift W204, where the guy actually pulls the wire to pop the W5W bulb holder out. It looked rather easy in the video. But I'm afraid my wires will snap. 

Ok then try to pull the wire instead.

Yap video always makes thing look so easy. Like the interior lighting job one of the bro damage the front panel cover. So becareful ya and gd luck.

that one... very hard... i pulled and pulled... wasted much time.. end up gave up.. brought to workshop.. the mechanic pulled out within seconds.. i have changed many bulbs on many vehicles before, but just failed to do so on the C-class.. till now I still don't know the trick.. maybe first time tighter..lol

is there a Mercedes bulbs?

Will replacing the bulbs with normal aftermarket bulbs result in error message?

is there a Mercedes bulbs?

Yes i pass to u previously is Mercs bulb.Wont void warranty and error codes after installation.

Wah u pass to him no pass to me.... I jealous Leh.......

Lai lai bu yao xiao chi

Tried removing the W5W bulbs again this morning. Still not successful. The bigger question now is on the left side where the washer liquid bottle is blocking access to the bulb. Even with a pair of long nose pliers will also prove to be challenging. Finally gave up. Will have to live with a two-tone headlamp, sigh. :(

Will try that. So did you have problems putting it back in like bro Jaxon mentioned? The price to pay for looking good. Sigh.

Use a long nose pliers and wrap with some plastic sheets then use it to pull out. I did mine with that method no sweat