• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Advice needed on exhaust and tuning

Recently, sat in my friend's m3. The ride was definitely incredible but the best part was that he installed a raring exhaust. Externally, his car can be heard miles away(exaggerating....2-3 cars away) and yet internally, it's still very comfortable seemed unaffected by its exhaust.

Is there such an exhaust for slk200? Can recommend? Or it's the car that has Gd sound proofing?

i think u just go for the tuning will do ba... the exos seems to be doing a little more help compare to the tuning.... for ur slk, i am nt sure... i've asked for the c180 exos system... costing around 3.8k-4.5k... no hp increase... or maybe 10hp increase?? count count i think no very worth... tuning can do... lesser damage, but.... gives u a better return in terms of power and fuel saving... u can try go for the monster tuning's t-box...

a piece of suggestion, if were to spend on the exos systems, y nt go for the better brakes kits? if was already on the amg 6/4 pots, then i think really nt much to play liao.. haha

• Like 1

Recently, sat in my friend's m3. The ride was definitely incredible but the best part was that he installed a raring exhaust. Externally, his car can be heard miles away(exaggerating....2-3 cars away) and yet internally, it's still very comfortable seemed unaffected by its exhaust.

Is there such an exhaust for slk200? Can recommend? Or it's the car that has Gd sound proofing?

want to sound loud ah? straight pipe or operated muffler  :zoro:

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Hmm whats e point if you cannot hear e exhaust interrnally? Puzzled.

i think u just go for the tuning will do ba... the exos seems to be doing a little more help compare to the tuning.... for ur slk, i am nt sure... i've asked for the c180 exos system... costing around 3.8k-4.5k... no hp increase... or maybe 10hp increase?? count count i think no very worth... tuning can do... lesser damage, but.... gives u a better return in terms of power and fuel saving... u can try go for the monster tuning's t-box...

a piece of suggestion, if were to spend on the exos systems, y nt go for the better brakes kits? if was already on the amg 6/4 pots, then i think really nt much to play liao.. haha

Totally agree with u... Brake kits are more impt than exhaust.

Agree with tuning. No point car sounds loud but can't fly or stop fast. IMHO kinda Jap?  :D

That's the misconception. Convertible does not automatically equate to fast cars. The R171 SLK200 0-100 takes around 8s on paper? Compared to the new 1.6L CGI W204 C-Class 8.5s or the C200 which takes 8.2s, or needless to say TS friends M3 which is below 5s. The new model equivalent SLK R172 does it in 7.3s, and we're only talking about 0-100 timing. Tuning still improves FC, and the overall efficiency of running the car.

• Like 1

lol... lau ka gwee kor.... buy a 2nd car ba.. evo?; maybe rex with boxer note... the exos note is world recongise.. lol.. or civic type-r, the vtech sound... lol... put side plant, Maserati also need to stand aside.. hahaha... pai seh ar.. i just zhi hua zhi shou nia ar... heh.. heh..

Exhaust loud loud is good... From far can know your car coming.... SLK leh.... How slow can it be?

I heard operated gives good bang for buck if you just want the sound. Inspection fail though... 

I had a short discussion with Alvin from Monster on both exhaust and tuning. He gave me pretty good advice.... Go to Man exhaust to have the exhaust sorted out and then to akin to tune the low end. :):)

and roughly wats the damage frm man exos?

I had a short discussion with Alvin from Monster on both exhaust and tuning. He gave me pretty good advice.... Go to Man exhaust to have the exhaust sorted out and then to akin to tune the low end. :):)

when u going to Man ah? pm leh.. if got time, i wanna kpo :D

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.