• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

SGMERC Members Picture Thread

keltanky

Guest eugenemon

;D No problem. Anyway, I checked for you the 18 LEDs one is $40 per pair.

Also, now I know changing the map reading light bulb could be so easy by taking it out from the back of the cover. thanks!

Guest kepiting1sg

Can someone post the DIY procedures for the licence plate light DIY? I want to change for my W203.

Hi Yap,

The licence plate light size is 6418 (5W 35mm x 11mm)

The ones I bought from Eugene came with a resistor each.

The bulb each has 6 LEDs on them.

1. Changing the bulbs is straight forward by opening the 2 screws holding each of the bulb lenses.

2. The slightly difficult part will be to put the resistor to each to the light socket plugs which are located inside

your boot lid and it's cover.

3. a. First, remove the plastic guard (at the boot lock latch area) holding the boot lid cover. Use a suitable size

chisel edge screw driver (test pen) by opening the 2 screws holding it to the boot lid. On the right side of the

plastic guard, there is a clip on the guard holding it to the boot lid. Pry it open with a screw driver and the

guard will come off the boot lid.

b. There are several plastic clips that hold the boot lid cover that you have to remove. You do not need to

remove all the clips. Remove only the top clips and you should able to pull the cover open to access to the

licence plate light socket plugs. Insert the 2 expose wire ends of the resistor into each of the licence plate

light socket plugs. Ensure it has contact with the wire inside the socket. Use the cable tie provided and tie

the reistor wires to the light socket wires. To have peace of mind for poor contact, I shaft some blue tag into

the light socket to ensure the resistor wires stay in contact with the light socket wires.

c. Put back what you have dismantled. ;D

d. Turn on your lights and if any of the licence plate light doesn't turn on, reverse the bulb (For LEDs there

is + pos and -ve terminals).

e. Gip yourself a TIGER!!!! ;D

If the error light for licence plate light L or R comes out, probably U have loose contact of the resistor with the wires in the respective licence plate socket.

If you want me to help, just gimme a call when I am back in Singapore.

BTW I also changed the following into LEDs.

a. The front interior light 1 x (with resistor)

b. Both map reading lights 2 x

c. The rear interior light 1 x (with resistor)

d. Both mirror lights 2 x

e. Both front door courtesy door lights 2 x

Oops....Forgotten to change the glove compartment light.... :-[ :-[ :-[ .....heheheh! will do that later..... ;D ;D ;D

Guest sy69u

Can someone post the DIY procedures for the licence plate light DIY? I want to change for my W203.

Hi Yap,

The licence plate light size is 6418 (5W 35mm x 11mm)

The ones I bought from Eugene came with a resistor each.

The bulb each has 6 LEDs on them.

1. Changing the bulbs is straight forward by opening the 2 screws holding each of the bulb lenses.

2. The slightly difficult part will be to put the resistor to each to the light socket plugs which are located inside

your boot lid and it's cover.

3. a. First, remove the plastic guard (at the boot lock latch area) holding the boot lid cover. Use a suitable size

chisel edge screw driver (test pen) by opening the 2 screws holding it to the boot lid. On the right side of the

plastic guard, there is a clip on the guard holding it to the boot lid. Pry it open with a screw driver and the

guard will come off the boot lid.

b. There are several plastic clips that hold the boot lid cover that you have to remove. You do not need to

remove all the clips. Remove only the top clips and you should able to pull the cover open to access to the

licence plate light socket plugs. Insert the 2 expose wire ends of the resistor into each of the licence plate

light socket plugs. Ensure it has contact with the wire inside the socket. Use the cable tie provided and tie

the reistor wires to the light socket wires. To have peace of mind for poor contact, I shaft some blue tag into

the light socket to ensure the resistor wires stay in contact with the light socket wires.

c. Put back what you have dismantled. ;D

d. Turn on your lights and if any of the licence plate light doesn't turn on, reverse the bulb (For LEDs there

is + pos and -ve terminals).

e. Gip yourself a TIGER!!!! ;D

If the error light for licence plate light L or R comes out, probably U have loose contact of the resistor with the wires in the respective licence plate socket.

If you want me to help, just gimme a call when I am back in Singapore.

BTW I also changed the following into LEDs.

a. The front interior light 1 x (with resistor)

b. Both map reading lights 2 x

c. The rear interior light 1 x (with resistor)

d. Both mirror lights 2 x

e. Both front door courtesy door lights 2 x

Oops....Forgotten to change the glove compartment light.... :-[ :-[ :-[ .....heheheh! will do that later..... ;D ;D ;D

wow, so much work for DIY. can DIFY? where can arh? 1 2 change my w211 to all white lights.

thanks in advance.

cheers

sy

Guest kepiting1sg

wow, so much work for DIY. can DIFY? where can arh? 1 2 change my w211 to all white lights.

thanks in advance.

cheers

sy

Bro Sy,

Go & get the bulbs/resistors from Eugenemon, gimme a call & drive to my place.

I will gip U DIY directions on the installations.

If you learn fast, it will be less than half an hour job for the W203. ;D

Guest kepiting1sg

Looks complicated but if you need unker batam to fix for you. labour $200 kekekekek

Unker Batam only gip D.I.Y instructions only.

Meaning who wanna fix, gimme a call and cum to my place and I will directions.....wakakakak! ;D

Guest fruitcakepablohoney

sillywilly ]

Hahaha... no lah wrote:

can enter w/o security pass?

Last Dec, i did an event with them, that's why can go in. I'll ask permission if we really wanna do a group photoshoot.

Guest angela

Last Dec, i did an event with them, that's why can go in. I'll ask permission if we really wanna do a group photoshoot.

name the date...

how about considering an annual photoshoot of all the members around april period? than can use as offical banner / website backgrd, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Bro eugenemon, I also know he wear spec,the car and rims is in blue ;D ;) Just joking. This guy stay in Oxley Rise, Opp the big house. Plenty of nice car inside with old and single nos.