• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Buying a W203 05 model C class

cArRotZ

Hi people,

very nice to meet you all here.

i am prolly getting a 05 C180 or C200. i saw in market, C180 and C200 price are around the same but C180 have lower omv compared to c200. So depreciation is lower for C200 and it has 165 bph while c180 has 150bhp (stated in sgcarmart)

can i check for these 2 models, any distinct difference like memory seats, cruise control etc?

Was checking e200 too but kinda over budget but they selling at 55k while omv is at 55k too. impressive.

comments greatly appreciated.

will buy and drive the last 2 years away. any advise on model and their fc?

depends on u really wann a E or C.....I would recommend a C200 or higher would need to check with the C bros here on the difference....

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Hi cArRotZ, welcome....IMHO, the FC for 5speed trans can never beat the 7Gs (the new C class), I drive a C200 C204 PFL 2008, my FC is like 10.5 - 11L per 100KM....

It would also be dependant on whether you have heavy or light foot......

NTL, it is a good ride.....

Spoon feeding teaches you nothing....but the shape of the spoon...

thank you all for the reply. i checked the wear and tear and will bring the car to a workshop to check before buying. is there a reliable workshop that i can bring it to? any contacts? thanks!

so c180 is out. i'll get c200. c200 and e200 omv is like 6 to 8 k diff. e200 have their headlamp seperated which i prefer the c200 of joint headlamps. hehe.

where can i find the features difference of c180 c200 and e200. thanks!

IIRC,

W203 C180ML is the Elegance model while the C200 is the Avantgarde model - main diff - C200ML higher Hp, abt 1/2" lower suspension, memory seats.

2005 W203 is a face lift C Class which came toSg in May 2004.

W211 E200ML is a bigger car in term of space and the same hp as the C200. E200ML also has both Elegance & Avantgarde models but hp is similar.

Trims are diff. between E200ML Avantgarde & Elegant Models, which inlude the diff. in the number of slits in the grill, to lowered suspension and diff. wood trimmings.

The face lift W211 came to Sg around Aug 2006 and replaced by the FL model E200K.

W203, W204 & W211 share the same M271 1.8L engine which are also found in a big range of other MB models which include the SLK & CLK.

They were earlier M271 engine is SC and currently the M271 engines are TC and found on current models like the FL W204 C200/C250, SLK & W212 E200/E250.

With the exception is the current 1.6L C180 M270 engine.

This M270 engine will be found in the coming 1.6L & 2.0L CLA, B Class and also the FL W212.

The M270 will replace all the current M271 engines in the run up to the introduction of FL & new models.

• Like 5

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

wow thank you so much kepiting1sg. really thumbs up for your explanation.

i saw from the manuals page http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/owners_manuals#landing that there is command for 2005 models. do C200 comes with command?

Apparently not!  AFAIK - No W203 in Sg came equip with COMAND NTG 2.0 maybe with the exception of some W203 C32AMG.

IMHO - It's not easy to retrofit a W203 with COMAND NTG2.0 or NTG2.5 as compare to retrofitting COMAND on Pre & FL W204.

E200ML will be easier to retrofit COMAND NTG 2.5 but it's "not cheap" - U can check with our site sponsor camber53 or ricric_lo

W203 COMAND NTG2.0

guide7.jpg

Cheers

thank you thank you. may i check if any bros here have familiar workshop to do a check on 05-06 C200 before i purchase and how much do they charge to check?

eg check shocks, engine, hoses, radiator etc.

U may want to check with our site sponsor MBM

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/33-mbm-wheelpower-pte-ltd/

alternatively if they don't do it, you may wanna try

AutoSpritze

No. 1 Kim Chuan Terrace

Look for Ah Heng!

Cheers

just replace it with a Pioneer HU bah. very exp unit and has limited function. (No BT - need extra dongle and wiring, no iPod - need converter box and cables, plays DVD - but the normal type only, MP3 CD might not work - can check)

At the most, you lose the steering control if you use the Pioneer HU.

wow thank you so much kepiting1sg. really thumbs up for your explanation.

i saw from the manuals page http://www.mbusa.com/mercedes/service_and_parts/owners_manuals#landing that there is command for 2005 models. do C200 comes with command?

just replace it with a Pioneer HU bah. very exp unit and has limited function. (No BT - need extra dongle and wiring, no iPod - need converter box and cables, plays DVD - but the normal type only, MP3 CD might not work - can check)

At the most, you lose the steering control if you use the Pioneer HU.

I second that with a D-Din with whatever functions(BT,iPod,GPS,RC,DVD,etc) you want- touch screen summore! :)

Cheers

i have my existing DD on my car now. btw steering control won't be lost. i know of a workshop that can help to conenct whatever DD to your steering. cost $80 i think.

now pending paperwork to sell off my rx8 to the buyer and i am free to hunt for my benz! yay yay!

never been looking forward coz i travel to malaysia on NSH about once a month for trips. can't wait to sit in a benz.

i have my existing DD on my car now. btw steering control won't be lost. i know of a workshop that can help to conenct whatever DD to your steering. cost $80 i think.

now pending paperwork to sell off my rx8 to the buyer and i am free to hunt for my benz! yay yay!

never been looking forward coz i travel to malaysia on NSH about once a month for trips. can't wait to sit in a benz.

I travel to Jay Bee & back every week Mon-Fri! :)

Good luck in your hunt for MB!

PM me if you have Qs along the way!

Cheers!

Cheers

i saw different c200 interior. is the difference in PI and CnC?

327024_4b.jpg

and

317107_5b.jpg

There is no diff between this 2 pics if u study closely ...maybe the color makes u feel different n btw b4 u purchase the car I would recommend to send for AA inspection since workshops are not equipped to do such detailed inspection but inspection centers are equipped and they will do a very detailed inspection for you.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

thanks for the reply. the steering wheel is different. the first pic looks sleeker. and the chrome parts at the HU area. first one looks nicer. is there PI and agent? How do i see the difference.

1st pic show alu trim & no wood.

Iirc the 1st pic is an avantgarde model while the 2nd picture with the wooden trim & 4 spoke is the Elengance model.

Avantgarde are usually higher spec

Cheers

thanks for the reply. the steering wheel is different. the first pic looks sleeker. and the chrome parts at the HU area. first one looks nicer. is there PI and agent? How do i see the difference.

Dude, I am driving one C200ML Advantgrade. Got it for a year plus already, so far so good!

Beep me if u wanna to know more (97332829) we can chat over kopi.

PS: Am Not in town, beep me after Tuesday.

thank you all for the replies! i went to test drive the "2nd" car. C200ML (elegance). i love the superb quiet cabin and the stability of the ride. the only noise i hear when i turn off the radio would be the engine. Salesperson told me that it's the sound of kompressor engine.

is that normal? not very loud but when u depress the accelerator, it sounds like a subaru boxer engine where you can hear the engine roar. not that loud though.,