• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

engine diagnostics warning lamp

darksaint

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 years later...

Bro,

I face this problem today, engine diagnostic lamp lighted up today. Is it safe to continue driving cause tml is holiday workshop close. Mine is the 7G-tronic model now almost 50k mileage.

Appreciate advise thanks!

Bro,

I face this problem today, engine diagnostic lamp lighted up today. Is it safe to continue driving cause tml is holiday workshop close. Mine is the 7G-tronic model now almost 50k mileage.

Appreciate advise thanks!

The Check Engine Light can only be diagnosed by reading the fault code through the diagnostics computer using the OBDII port in your car. Without proper diagnostics, everything else is just guess work. There could be hundreds of possibilities as to why you engine light came on. Chances are your fault will not be the same as someone else's. Nobody here will be able to tell you why you light is on or if it's still safe to drive. Even the mechanic can't tell you without doing the proper diagnostics first. Sent your car into the workshop tomorrow, hope it's a minor issue!

Is yours a kompressor M271 engine? If it is, likely it's a leaking hose/tube of the intake. This cause intermittent engine error display. No big issue, just change part only.

Bro, please share which workshop did you go to change parts, thanks in advance?

Send in my car this morning to C&C and guess what? they couldn't find any fault why my car engine diagnostic light on hmm.....

Gotta leave over night till next morning to test it again with new software uploaded????

Anyone face same issue as me?

Send in my car this morning to C&C and guess what? they couldn't find any fault why my car engine diagnostic light on hmm.....

Gotta leave over night till next morning to test it again with new software uploaded????

Anyone face same issue as me?

Even C&C's mechanic can't tell till further diagnostics. My engine light lighted up twice before. First time was a leaking air intake pipe. That caused the car to feel very sluggish while driving. My second experience was a leak from the exhaust system.

Even C&C's mechanic can't tell till further diagnostics. My engine light lighted up twice before. First time was a leaking air intake pipe. That caused the car to feel very sluggish while driving. My second experience was a leak from the exhaust system.

Bro Mark,

Please advise whether leaking air intake pipe will cause fault code P0107 boost pressure sensor intake low, thanks? By the way, my ride is FL W204 Kompressor!

Markcwq, think I got similar case to ur 1st incident as I've gotten the car back this afternoon and felt sluggish during acceleration.

Need car for these few days any complication if I were to drive on knowing due to leaking in the air intake pike?

Bro Darksaint,

May I know did you change parts for your kompressor & problem solve? If it is solve, would you mind to share with me where you change the parts, thanks in advance!

Dun recall changing any part. Think when go normal oil change and the workshop reset the error msg and was fine. :)

Mine is a W204 Kompressor. I can't remember the fault code for the leaking air pipe but I had to leave the car there for one night for them to diagnose the issue. After they found the leaking pipe, the car was repaired and returned to me the next day.

As for the leaking exhaust, that was pretty straight forward. They hoisted the car up and you can immediately hear the leaking sound coming from close to the header. Downtime was also one day.