• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

has anyone managed to get audio20 with media interface to work with iphone 5?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the orginal cable also shows the same error. Do you find connecting calls both out going and incoming is slower compared to iphone 4S?

Using iphone 5, before connecting through, it will mute for 2 secs.

i didn't really use the bluetooth function thou.  try to off bluetooth to conserve battery life.

i hear that's a common occurence. 

but its the inability to sync to iphone that really peeves me as i would always like to listen the songs on my phone as i'm on the road alot.

i reckon there should be alot of bros with iphone 5 n audio20 problems so i'm hoping for advice here... or is there already a iphone 5 cable avail...

I use the orginal cable also shows the same error. Do you find connecting calls both out going and incoming is slower compared to iphone 4S?

Using iphone 5, before connecting through, it will mute for 2 secs.

I have the same problem as you using iPhone 5 with a chiong 30 pin lightning adaptor, cannot charge and connect at all. Both calling and recieving calls via bluetooth will have delays, yes approx 2 sec muted. No issue when using iPhone 4 previously.

I went to ask an authorized apple reseller about the 30 pin lightning adaptor, that salesman told me it wouldn't work for cars. I still do not have any clue and solution.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

I have the same problem as you using iPhone 5 with a chiong 30 pin lightning adaptor, cannot charge and connect at all. Both calling and recieving calls via bluetooth will have delays, yes approx 2 sec muted. No issue when using iPhone 4 previously.

I went to ask an authorized apple reseller about the 30 pin lightning adaptor, that salesman told me it wouldn't work for cars. I still do not have any clue and solution.

charge from the car no problem for me. but the audio 20 will read device not compatible...

• 11 months later...

Hi guys. I got the original apple 30-pin to lightning cable adaptor to connect to my iphone 5s for music. It worked for a week or so. Last week, it stopped recognizing my phone and it says device unavailable. But the unit is still charging my iphone. Then it came back to life again the next day but today, it konked on me again.

Anyone has the same issue with the 30-pin to lightning adaptor? I am running the latest iOS.

BBB_rider, there is an option via the comand to play via bluetooth. Not sure that the pre-facelift has this option.

Having said that, the manner by which the songs are being played via comand control is either random or by alphabetical order. Very primitive if you ask me (unless i am missing something here).

only the original adapter can play, cheong ones cannot play at all.

I was under the impression bluetooth can only play phone not music at all.

Also to share with the guys here. as the original cable was too short, so i bought a 1.2 m cable such that I do not have to keep the phone in the glove box while driving since I always use google maps as a gps. Its been totally magic from here onwards.

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z0k.6846101.0.0.JInJIh&id=13983286070

Bluetooth cannot play music meh? Mine can play music via bluetooth

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

check with u , is yours an iphone 5/ or iphone in general.

my audio20, iphone 5 combi totally cannot play music at all.

make calls can lar

Haven tried on iPhone 5 , I still running on 4s

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Tried mine today. Can't play audio via Bluetooth with iPhone 5. It gave me something like "Bluetooth audio device is paused". Also tried playing around the setting options still unable to play.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Guys i just saw this and hope this is a good news to all of you.

http://www.benzblogg...r-iphone-5.html

Tried again this morning and it now works! My audio Bluetooth is able to work with iPhone 5.

Just sync it up with you handset and then start playing from your music iPod and it will play.

Am going to add other mobile handset into it too.

Tried again this morning and it now works! My audio Bluetooth is able to work with iPhone 5.

Just sync it up with you handset and then start playing from your music iPod and it will play.

Am going to add other mobile handset into it too.

confirmed its an audio 20? mine simply refuses to work

confirmed its an audio 20? mine simply refuses to work

frankly no idea. How do I check? Mine is FL w204 with DVD and GPS

check if your manual has the audio 20 manual?