• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Fine tuning by Monster Tune

jes

Just got MT to fine tune my ride and gosh, it's so much smoother now. Most notable change was the gear shift, smooth and shiok..feels faster when I step on the accelerator..FC looking good for 1st quarter tank so will have to see how..

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="jes" data-cid="165034" data-time="1358940021"><p>

C350</p></blockquote>

Wah, your ride already so powerful without the box. Now add wings can fly already.

Actually I tuned not to get more hp. I wrote in the forum before that on stock I was averaging 15l/100km on a 66l tank. wtf full tank only 420 km 90% ctiy driving. So after googling and asking around, I got to know about MT (Monster Tune). Ignoring the warranty I decided to let them tune my ride. Know what, after that I could get about 480-490 km on a full tank. That's about 14% increament. Recently I spoke to Nick and he told me they could try to fine tune it a bit more. Too soon to say but looking good so far.

• Like 2

Actually I tuned not to get more hp. I wrote in the forum before that on stock I was averaging 15l/100km on a 66l tank. wtf full tank only 420 km 90% ctiy driving. So after googling and asking around, I got to know about MT (Monster Tune). Ignoring the warranty I decided to let them tune my ride. Know what, after that I could get about 480-490 km on a full tank. That's about 14% increament. Recently I spoke to Nick and he told me they could try to fine tune it a bit more. Too soon to say but looking good so far.

fine tune means???? toggling the 0.6 to 0.8?? (small knob)

• 4 weeks later...

WIth the current improvement on mileage, how many tanks for petrol before the breakeven point with what you've paid for the tune? 

Did you change your driving pattern after the tune too?

Think abt it.

I'm no tuning expert but I think I know where you're coming from. jes' purpose of tuning may not be solely on improving FC. There is also the element of performance improvement and squeezing more juice out of the engine. Something which doesn't typically go hand-in-hand with FC improvement. Therefore it's not about ROI from FC.

• Like 2

If there is such a products can increase horsepower and yet improvemts on FC I would like to get one too. Was told that sprint booster can improves FC too if this is for real please let me know too.

I'm no tuning expert but I think I know where you're coming from. jes' purpose of tuning may not be solely on improving FC. There is also the element of performance improvement and squeezing more juice out of the engine. Something which doesn't typically go hand-in-hand with FC improvement. Therefore it's not about ROI from FC.[/quote

Correct. but Jes is tuning for mileage as mentioned. That's why I asked if its worth it just to tuned to reduce petrol consumption.

Slow and smooth acceleration will also reduce it.

WIth the current improvement on mileage, how many tanks for petrol before the breakeven point with what you've paid for the tune? 

Did you change your driving pattern after the tune too?

Think abt it.

based on stock 420-440 km per 66 l...now 500-520 km per 66 l..every tank save almost 20+%..after discount maybe 10+%..prob less than 2 yrs to cover cost...better pick up,smoother gear change and increased mileage for me it's worth it.

• Like 2

I tune to improve performance. Now I dont think can tahan without MT's box. Had to remove it once for serving at cnc and can feel the car dragging its feet immediarely after removal. Driving pleasure took immediate hit. No regret about the investment. Any improve in fc is a bonus.

• Like 2

actually made a mistake in calculation..have to take away petrol discount so effectively, take only about a year +- for ROI. :D  :rock:

In fact, after my 2006 W211 got the tuning done by Nic from MT.

Response of the Car definately much better!!!

Consumption don't need to say lah......

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I went down with my friend who also had his CLK tuned at Monster Tune....very likley I will also get mine down once I complete my 1st servicing at Cycle & Carriage.... very impressed by some of the information I had found....if I still had my previous ride (VW 1.4 Scirocco) its centruy sprint timing would easily have been cut from the stated 7.7 to sub 6 or below....without other modifications..... very impressive...moreover the cost isnt too high...

• Like 1