• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

panoramic ssliding sunroof

Cons.. u hate it when u dun have one....

Prob scared that one day it will be struck by a pebble ot stone and crack. Hasnt happen yet in the citroen forum..

And when its warm, u shut it but u dread the dreary ambience.

Rain sounds different on a glass roof.

I am amazed that the thin roof curtain can effectively shield away the heat from the sun.

Also, when pano roof is opened, the wind is nicely channelled onto the windscreen and down to the feet! Hair will not get messy by the wind flowing into cabin. It looks great too! Very well designed which I don't find it in my jap rides.

Totally worth having it! :)

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

For me, I Kiasu...requested for a layer of solar film. Anyway, no additional cost needed.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Do u mean who was my SE ?

Did u ask C&C for the extra solar flim?

Yes, i asked from my SE. I can let u know his name if you want. Anyway, i believe any SE can give it to you upon request, no big deal really.

No you can't..... this option is only available when u book your car... cos they're factory fitted... but u can try with ur can opener... but better not lah....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Well guys I think you are talking about this. I don't use this in life but i think its looks great. But can anyone tell me how much it costs if you have to modify you car's roof like this. Thanks

[img=http://mercedes-benz-nc.com/images/e-saloon_overview_comfort_panoramaroof_715x230_12-2007.jpg]

This can be done locally is called sunroof not pana and this workshop in defu lane. They are authorised and bless by LTA. Question is, u sure want to mods it? I've seen it outside looks cool but inside is fugly. Damage is about $1200 during those good old days. Frankly i doubt anyone here wants to go this route!!

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, the panaromic roof, in my opinion, is nice and good feature to have.

This option is factory fitted, need to inform them on booking the car, i think is 7K option, not available aftermarket.

(the aftermarket is the usual sunroof). 

The pana roof tilt open upwards and rearwards, above passenger area (unlike merc sunroof, usually slides below the roof/hidden).

Plus points

1) opening is usually slightly larger than normal sunroof

2) usually come together for the rear (but not openable)

3) the inner slider is electrically operated

4) may look sporty on light coloured cars eg white/silver (less obvious on black cars).

5) may have higher resale value (advertise as higher spec?)

Not sure though whether pana roof will take away some headroom, anyone knows?

No issue on head rooms and there is Sunroof model from factory aparts from Panaroof.

• Like 1

go for the pano roof if you can. Your passengers will love you for this.... and you can also get them to pop their heads through the roof to look far ahead for cause of accidents or feel the breeze while driving around sentosa hahaha. pretty crazy but fun provided you can find a crazy pax for this. lol.