• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Newbie Shots

JoshKoh

Hello Josh, welcome to the world of photography.

Your shots showed potential, and the ideas you have to create them.

Photography is basically the capturing of lights. Learn to control lighting and you can be the master of it. Of course, composition is equally important too so make a photo interesting/unique to capture the audiences' interest

When's the foodie shot Ive prepared my 200mm ammo and ladder

I think it will be next year. I shoot every week but quite adhoc timing.

Let me arrange.

There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is suicide.

- Albert Camus

Hello Josh, welcome to the world of photography.

Your shots showed potential, and the ideas you have to create them.

Photography is basically the capturing of lights. Learn to control lighting and you can be the master of it. Of course, composition is equally important too so make a photo interesting/unique to capture the audiences' interest

thanks for your compliments.

i had always been fascinated by the beauty of the sun, be it sunrise or sunset. it portray the beginning and ending of a day, i wanted to capture moments which shows mood of people who goes thru dat particular day within the sun rise and sun set period... hehehhe juz a thought.. hope you guys dun laugh at me...

• Like 1

i had always been fascinated by the beauty of the sun, be it sunrise or sunset. it portray the beginning and ending of a day, i wanted to capture moments which shows mood of people who goes thru dat particular day within the sun rise and sun set period... hehehhe juz a thought.. hope you guys dun laugh at me...

You will need to use a good flash if the subject is back facing the sun, if not the subject will always be under expose.

Bro we should shoot together someday. Im a sunrise/sunset lover too !

You will need to use a good flash if the subject is back facing the sun, if not the subject will always be under expose.

thanks for the advise pal... the photo that i posted, i wanted to show just the silhouette of the human subject with the focus mainly on the sunset. it represent the end of a hard day's work.. hehehhe.. 

Good! Another m4/3 user!

as i had just started out photography, can you guide me as to what are the basic essential equipment that I have to bring around? I have a 14-42mm lens, 40-150mm and a tripod. do i need a flower hood and a good flash?

as i had just started out photography, can you guide me as to what are the basic essential equipment that I have to bring around? I have a 14-42mm lens, 40-150mm and a tripod. do i need a flower hood and a good flash?

U need better lens. To me, photography depends very much on the glasses. Since you like landscape shot I'd recommended the 7-14 f4 ultra wide angle lens. But if you want a all rounder lens which is good for almost everything then go for the 12-35 f2.8.

Both lens cost around $1.3k each.

For flash, get the fl600. It's a small and powerful little beast.

You will also need ND filters for long exposure shots.

• Like 1