Shenheng

Rims and calipers painting

84 posts in this topic

Just got my C180 stock rims done by Yas +65 9171 9156 (recommended by another member). Awesome job done at my mcsp in about 3-4hours. Really excellent workmanship.

post-85-0-36886700-1354693126_thumb.jpg

4 people like this

nice bro, whats the damage?

nice bro, whats the damage?

Hi. For mine, price is $140 for 4 wheels. $40 for calipers. $30 he comes to your carpark. But price depends on rim size and color required. He has many colors to chose from. So check with him better.

nicely done! wat type of paint? wats e damage? will the paint come off in future?

Done at your MSCP? Don't need go workshop?

Done at your MSCP? Don't need go workshop?

Yup did at mscp. Need water point to wash.

Yup did at mscp. Need water point to wash.

Wow, interesting! Didn't know MSCP got enough space for them to unmount all four wheels.

Shenheng. Your ride is P. silver color right.

I also still thinking what color to paint for the rims

Shenheng. Your ride is P. silver color right.

I also still thinking what color to paint for the rims

ya mine p silver. I do find this one a little too dark but after a day, kinda ok. He has a slightly lighter colour but too closed to P silver so looks a bit weird. For caliper you can do red / yellow / orange / silver / black.

Wow, interesting! Didn't know MSCP got enough space for them to unmount all four wheels.

And he even setup a "mobile" spray booth with cardboards etc.

Can I just do the caliper?

do you have kerb rashes? does he touch up on kerb rashes before spraying?

do you have kerb rashes? does he touch up on kerb rashes before spraying?

can be done at Leong seng for 50 bucks. Send in before 5pm and can collect the next morning. They will t-loan you a spare stock tyre.

do you have kerb rashes? does he touch up on kerb rashes before spraying?[/quote

Yes he did. Minor ones.

Hi,

Just for your infor there's a new product which some might have come across if you have been reading Torque magazine....its a flexible plastic protection which is fitted to the rims to protect against curb scratches etc. That would help ease the worries on this issue

Hi,

Just for your infor there's a new product which some might have come across if you have been reading Torque magazine....its a flexible plastic protection which is fitted to the rims to protect against curb scratches etc. That would help ease the worries on this issue

Do a search here on this liner thingy, seems like dies off liao. Hardly see anyone on the road installed it.

Hi,

This product you're talking about has been around for a while I think. Unfortunately not all rims can fit this rubber protection. At least mine can't.

can be done at Leong seng for 50 bucks. Send in before 5pm and can collect the next morning. They will t-loan you a spare stock tyre.

Go to Hurry near Adam Road Hawker. $30 per rim, do on the spot. Down time 30mins.

Go to Hurry near Adam Road Hawker. $30 per rim, do on the spot. Down time 30mins.

Bro, u mean inside where the carpark is or shop near by? pls advise, thamks.

looks nice..camping in this thread for more pics and info..poisoned alr!

btw, anyone has Gold rims?

Hi,

Heard that if the clip comes off, it can do real damage to the fender area when car's moving

1 person likes this

Hi Bro ShenHeng,

Original rims get dirty easily. Is it better after spraying?

Hi Bro ShenHeng, Original rims get dirty easily. Is it better after spraying?

Confirm better. I used to spray Sonax Rims Cleaner every week, now my 3 bottles are in the store room.

Unless you look closely, you hardly see the dust on the gun metal colour.

Also, I find the dust easier to wash off, I only need to use water and a sponge.

Hi. For mine, price is $140 for 4 wheels. $40 for calipers. $30 he comes to your carpark. But price depends on rim size and color required. He has many colors to chose from. So check with him better.
Bro ShenHeng

Do you know where his workshop is if i don't want to have it done at my place?

Thanks