• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Let's Tok Abt Driving..Yr Experiences...Close Shaves especially...!!

TaZenOrYeeOr

...any harrowing encounters..? ....u knw...like near "life threatening"...or plcs u drove past...eerie feelings...or impossible miracles encounters etc etc...

..I hve sum....but this one unforgettable.....many years back liow... :huh:

...drove right into a Carpark Barrier, 90 degrees angle. I was very very lucky 2 be alive now still...& can tcss here....i was not in my usual relaxed sitting position, but was distracted with thoughts and was leaning on my steering wheel...if I were 2 be sitted as per normal, now in heaven lor....oso another playground ley.... :P:angel: :angel: ...haha...

..I was doing Sales, thinking of targets and was so tired rushing from one closing 2 another...so....

..Nvr mind...was in shocked with the shattered glasses & Barrier behind my head....I can still reversed and tell the guard dun worry....cos am bit gone liow..shocked. den examined my broken glass, a kind gentleman stopped and asked me to call sumone..i cannot remembered who....but only remembered, sitted back in my seat, closed the car door and felt a sharp pain on my feet...closed on my feet...my feet gapped by my car door...hur hur...double whammy. Shocked and injured and shaken...& still can go airport fetch another frd, whom I have promised 2 fetch...haha.... :lol: :lol: ...haiz....it was a terrible day..;(.

..Life's sumtimes really's 2 fragile....Berrie said it right...Let Live... I only knw, be nice, as far as possible...i try la...cos am no saint either....especially when I am pisssed....lol....hehe... :P:D :D ..

..Pls share ley...sharing is caring mah...... ;)

...Lai Lai.....spill it ppl...!!

• Like 1

..last month...attended 3 funerals in a row ....$$ shiong ley.....besides le point la.... :blush: ...

....so drove up Mt Vernon 3 times, cos wakes next 2 each other....

...dunno whether it's my mind or tired or wad....but all 3 times, juz feel this very dense uneasy sensation, whenever exiting ley :wacko: ...along the way dwn , out from Mt Vernon to main road... :phew:

I had died twice... so this Fat Cat has only 7 lives left.....

First... July 21st 1994..... was in Israel... took a bus to destination which is about 20 mins away... halfway through ride... saw someone which I have a funny feel about.... after reaching my stop I alighted and walked to my "OFFICE"... in less than 1 min... I heard and felt an explosion behind me.. steadied myself.. and looked back... the BUS that I was on just now.. exploded... And the funny guy I noticed is a suicide bomber.... when to "OFFICE" and called my boss... told him to arrange a car by next day...

Second.... mny years aog... Was driving my Loh Lee along International Road.... going towards TUAS.... stopped at junction of Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim and waited for traffic to turn green... after it turned green... i followed the car in front... but something made me looked right.... True enough I saw a COMFORT cab flying at full speed coming at me... Hit my brakes and blasted my horn.... and the Cab swerved and beat the red light and missed my loh lee by inches... ALA FERRARI style... only difference is I am alive... Till nw I still wonder what made me look right... if I had not done so and drove on.... I would have died there and then... Tht bloody cab driver was talking to passenger and flying at min 100km/h...

• Like 1

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

I once indirectly cause someone cars that I street race with into accident. He beat red light, clash into a oncoming lorry, lorry overturn, his bonnet flatten to the dashboard. End up have to rescue all out from their vehicle.

Notty boy...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

All your lives too exciting for me... My heart cannot take it...

al these are nothing compared to what I have seen overseas... it's a blessing to die on e spot.... imagine seeing victims with blown hands and legs and u can't do anything to help them.... They actually hope they died... but they didn't.... and suffered....

I got knocked down by a black merc at the cross junction slip road once, count or not?

NOT ME AH!!!!!!!! NOT Me!!!!!!

Wah Piang.....Odessus...u r rite.....all our llives here bery exciting....

...Maeryn...!!!! How does tt feel like huh...seriously la... :phew: ?

I didn't get a a flashback on my life, my last thought was "OH SHIT" before the car hit me and i blacked out.

The merc didnt have a single scratch or dent, the whole of my left body had bruises the color of brinjal and a big bao near the top of my skull (think i hit the headlights as I fell over), still can feel a small bump here now.

Luckily she didn't say she got knocked down by blackmerc at cross junction... :zoro:

But blackmerc car is white leh......

I didn't get a a flashback on my life, my last thought was "OH SHIT" before the car hit me and i blacked out.

The merc didnt have a single scratch or dent, the whole of my left body had bruises the color of brinjal and a big bao near the top of my skull (think i hit the headlights as I fell over), still can feel a small bump here now.

And you didn't sue his ass off... at least must claim a steering wheel.... plus a bonnet....

...means 2 say...speed of Blackmerc, abt 30/40 or slightly more huh....;(?

And you didn't sue his ass off... at least must claim a steering wheel.... plus a bonnet....

Not a cent of compensation. He wanted to give me angpow if I was willing to withdraw the police report. He had just got his licence back after a 3 mths' suspension. My concern was what if he killed someone with his reckless driving after I withdrew the report?

...means 2 say...speed of Blackmerc, abt 30/40 or slightly more huh....;(?

Think he mentioned he was going 40 km/h, the fact was i was halfway across the slip road and he couldn't brake in time, I didn't see him coming cos he came from the road behind me.

For weeks I suffered from PTSD, dare not cross the roads esp at night, friends had to flank me to help me cross or I rather walked a long way to look for overhead bridge.

..Nah...another experience w Barrier....tis one makes my temperature rised.... :growl: :growl:

Talking abt Driving experiences...

..Those tt makes yr temperature rises....not referring 2 Hot Sexi Drivers..but

Wad pissed u most....
mad.png
.?
:

...I can't stand incessant honking.....very stressful....
n2-stop.gif

...experienced once, almost wan 2 climb out of my vehicle 2 tell lots of ppl off, but tahan...really tahan...

....the barrier was stucked, won't rise...cars piling behind me...rang 4 maintenance....think he has 2 come from another planet.....took 4ever....the amount of noises and extended pressing on horns from cars behind me....like tt of activating SG War Sirens...

...but wad can I do, but wait rite...?...
n2-dozey.gifn2-dozey.gif
... Logically if driver didn't top up CashCard, would be ever so apologetic & asked 4 space 2 reverse mah...obviously by seeing me talking 2 the square voice box w over & over again...surely one shld knw got problems...
n2-dozey.gif

...my 2 cash cards always over $100...barrier spoilt mah....
eusa_eh.gif
...in end, the maintenance guy pulled out the whole barrier ..can't fix @ all! Next time I knw, can pull out one...shld tt happen again, last measure, will do tt 1st, drive out...den settle later.