• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

ESP inoperative & Run flat indicator inoperative

leeloy

hi,

Anyone encounter the error message as follow with the triangle indicator on the left lighted up too.

ESP inoperative

Run flat indicator inoperative

So far it happen twice. Every time after I turn off the engine the message will go away, but it will come back again after I drive for some time .

Can some one share his experience on this. Thanks!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi,

Anyone encounter the error message as follow with the triangle indicator on the left lighted up too.

ESP inoperative

So far it happen twice. Every time after I turn off the engine the message will go away, but it will come back again after I drive for some time .

Hello, happened to my father's e200 previously. Exact same problem - fine after restarting the engine, but comes back after a while.

Don't think it's anything to be alarmed about... are u experiencing problems while accelerating or driving?

when he went to svc the car it turned out that it was simply a error with the esp sensor... replaced it and it was fine...

but if it really worries u then maybe bring it for a diagnostic...

hi,

ESP inoperative

MB is well electronically monitored. If you have any unusual "indication or caution" best suggestion s to bring to the shop. If within warranty go C & C, else your own favourite shop for diagnosis. Their software will tell you quite alot. Hope this helps.

My 2 cents (not meant to disagree):-

Other problems like the following may happen:-

a) wheel alignment (front and/or back) - generally no problem unless driver hit something or tyreshop fiddle with it after wheel or tyre change.

B) either one of shock absorber is damaged - unless lemon, it should not happen unless driver hit BIG pothole at high speed.

c) other sensors error - very possible even for a new car (we call it Murphy's Law in my business). I had to change a sensor 2 days ago (car 3 mths old). Sensor feedback not up to specs thereby causing poor gear change up n down. Turbo coming ON late and at higher power than scheduled.

d) under carriage damage - Driver contribution very often.

e) any other problems....Murphy's Law or Lemon.

Looks like the 7G S-class is quite problematic huh...

My bro 2008 S-class gear box jammed one day before the warranty expired, heng, replaced under warranty!!

My other friend 2008 S-class shocks leaked, he is not lucky, paid a few grand to replace.....

Hi Leeloy,

I have the same problem with my car. In my case, it's an issue with a worn out steering rack that needs replacement. If yours has the same problem, you will find that the steering gets more and more 'loose' and when you accelerate at 80+ kph around a bend, your esp will cut in and retard acceleration.

btw I drive a gl450 with 100,000km on the clock on 22" rims so not suprising the wear on the steering

Hi Leeloy,

I have the same problem with my car. In my case, it's an issue with a worn out steering rack that needs replacement. If yours has the same problem, you will find that the steering gets more and more 'loose' and when you accelerate at 80+ kph around a bend, your esp will cut in and retard acceleration.

btw I drive a gl450 with 100,000km on the clock on 22" rims so not suprising the wear on the steering

Oh my... change that rack takes about 7k man with C&C...

I love my 3-pointed star!

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, Your "wheel speed sensor" or "brake switch" probably up lorry already.

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I have the following message "ESP inoperative" and "Run flat indicator inoperative" on my Merc E200 Kompressor manufacture  date 2009 recently. Can anyone share on what is wrong. Could it be the ESP sensor is faulty. Anyone knows how much does it cost to replace it and where can I get this done as a reasonable price?. Thanks.  

Hi,

I have the following message "ESP inoperative" and "Run flat indicator inoperative" on my Merc E200 Kompressor manufacture  date 2009 recently. Can anyone share on what is wrong. Could it be the ESP sensor is faulty. Anyone knows how much does it cost to replace it and where can I get this done as a reasonable price?. Thanks.  

I just had the same problem 2 weeks ago.

I called C&C and spoke to the mechanic and they say likely is the sensor fault.  So I deactivated the attention assist (the one with coffee cup) and the problem never happen again.

Have not find time to do a check but hopefully is just sensor and not something more serious...

post-148-0-33973000-1471506922_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

recently had this problem in my car 2010 w212 e250.

when it come on, i can't drive, as pressing the accelerator does not rev the car.  car just idle.

towed it into my workshop, they said ecu spoil need to order. $2500.

few weeks before that, i already had this problem, when i sent it in, the accelerator pedal module was replaced ($640).

after that it was ok for a week or so, then occassionally the error will come up. but stop and restart the car, the error will go away.

so i monitor it for awhile.  yesterday the error came, and multiple restart will not make it go away.

anybody has a suggestion, and where i can go for a good second opinion?

Help :)

grab-26.jpg

grab-27.jpg

Hi,

There are few possible root-cause on ESP fail.... simplest reason could be brake light switch .. next could be ABS wheel sensor .. 

http://www.mercedesmedic.com/esp-light-reset/

If I were u, I will first check brake light switch ... just look at the brake light & see whether it function correct when stepping on brake.. next  I will check the wheel speed sensor, basically this piece of sensor is to provide wheel rotating info to ECU for proper ESP & run flat indicator , typically there are 4 sensors attach to wheel ..  

if the ESP problem also couple with Run flat indicated, my bet will be on Wheel speed sensors.. 

• 5 months later...

The cause is probably a faulty ESP sensor.  I put up with this issue for about 6 months, and got it fixed when I sent my car for servicing for about $60 at T & T Automobile Workshop at Blk 13 Sin Ming Industrial Estate #01-39 Singapore 575657 (owner's name is O T Tiang mobile 97777761). I called up other workshops to inquire and they quoted me $50 to run the computer diagnostics and another $150 to fix the problem.