• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Change Auto Transmission Fluid

Westlake

Went to Chip Soon near Safra Tampines today and had Jason changed my engine oil, transmission oil, air filter and aircon filter for my ride, a W204 pre FL.. Read about this workshop from this forum and would like to recommend it to fellow forumers for its competitive pricing and good service. Original parts were used and I am happy with the service provided by Jason and team.

Went to Chip Soon near Safra Tampines today and had Jason changed my engine oil, transmission oil, air filter and aircon filter for my ride, a W204 pre FL.. Read about this workshop from this forum and would like to recommend it to fellow forumers for its competitive pricing and good service. Original parts were used and I am happy with the service provided by Jason and team.

Bro, care to share the brand and type of oil used?

and the damage...

Just had my 70k servicing done with them. Asked Bt ATF change and was not noe necessary. Changed spark plug, aircon filter, air filter, brake fluid and used mobil 1 EO cost abt 480. 1.5hrs.

Hi Machi,

The parts used are mercedes parts except the air filter, which workshop claim is OEM. Brand is MAN air filter. I accepted it as OEM air filter is ok. The atf used is from mercedes, so I believe it is genuine. The total cost, incl gst for labour and parts which includes changing engine oil ( i brought my own Mobil 1 ), engine oil filter, changing atf including filter, oil seal, changing air filter and aircon filter is $420. I may buy my own parts the next time round.

I was at Autobacs on Sunday to change some other stuff. Meanwhile the mechanic recommended i change ATF oil too and quoted me $500. I ask him how he plan to change the ATF oil. He say drain out and fill it back.....

I laugh......later he said OK Pump the new ATF in instead of fill in.

I hope he know what he talking about as i read many article on ATF oil changing and after changing , the car screw up due to too much or too little oil...Todate i have not decided which outside workshop to use for changing of ATF oil. So far some bro have change at Chip Soon and Oki.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, can PM me the address and contact to this workshop as its near my office. Warranty will be up next year and most prob will not go back to C&C. Thanks

• 3 months later...

Mine cost me $335.98

Include filter , oil , adapter and gasket

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Round Motor

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

2 months ago, I bought my ATF, oil pan gasket & A/T filter from Goldenlink for $150. Paid my regular workshop for labour of $120 to change the ATF. If one is willing to do some legwork....can save a substantial amount & buy your wife a lovely dinner.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

2 months ago, I bought my ATF, oil pan gasket & A/T filter from Goldenlink for $150. Paid my regular workshop for labour of $120 to change the ATF. If one is willing to do some legwork....can save a substantial amount & buy your wife a lovely dinner.

Hi JTang,

I been reading on changing of ATF oil and plan to buy my own stuff from Goldenlink for workshop to change. Need you advise please.

Besides ATF oil (how many litres needed for W204?) , ATF Filter, Oil pan gasket, I notice some said "switch and adaptor". What "switch and adaptor" ?

Many thanks  

Hi JTang,

I been reading on changing of ATF oil and plan to buy my own stuff from Goldenlink for workshop to change. Need you advise please.

Besides ATF oil (how many litres needed for W204?) , ATF Filter, Oil pan gasket, I notice some said "switch and adaptor". What "switch and adaptor" ?

Many thanks

It's 7 litres of ATF...ie 7 bottles. I believe the switch & adaptor u r referring to actually is a reset of the adaptor for the gear box. Basically, the reset means it wipes out the memory of the way the gearbox had adapted to your driving style. If you had been an aggressive driver, the shift point is usually higher than normal, or if you had been driving like a old grandma, the shift is lower...like in fuel economy mode. Resetting the adaptor reverts the shift point to factory settings. IMO, I would prefer not to reset it.

• 3 weeks later...