• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

2014 C xx AMG is...

According to Autobild Germany

http://www.autobild....au-3669758.html

The next C Klasse AMG is going to be a 4L Turbocharged V8 putting out 462 PS.

Mixed feelings. They could have easily done a 5.5 naturally aspirated V8 putting out same lag free power with great emissions, like in the SLK 55.

Then again, turbocharging means big power gains later.

AMG C40 sounds horrible.

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

According to Autobild Germany

http://www.autobild....au-3669758.html

The next C Klasse AMG is going to be a 4L Turbocharged V8 putting out 462 PS.

Mixed feelings. They could have easily done a 5.5 naturally aspirated V8 putting out same lag free power with great emissions, like in the SLK 55.

Then again, turbocharging means big power gains later.

wonder how is the F/C? can pump RON95?

Don't know leh! They might call it C 55 or something.

Next time left only SLS and SLK with NA engines. Sad...

I think cannot pump 95 in out climate. Sure lose power.

Actually these days the model numbers already anyhow hantum.

C180 - 1.6L

C200 - 1.8L

C250 also 1.8L

From C350 onwards then MB started to know how to count.

BMW has also become dyslectic in their maths too lately.

Only left Audi can count properly

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Audi group designers and engineers very 'creative'..... pun intended.

the 3.0T supercharged engine used in Audi S4, Audi A6, Cayenne S hybrid etc etc... S badge engine pariah to A6. Tuning and power output determines the final bhp / torque figures.

the new S6, S7 and S8 similar engines...4.0 twin turbo, but different power outputs.

The RS range is launched way earlier in europe... but here in Singapore by the time the car arrives on our shores, the model is more or less right at the end of the product cycle.... buyers buy the car...feel good for like perhaps 6 months or so then new model out liao... sian 1/2. case in point, the new RS4 avant has been on Europe roads for almost the whole of 2012. we will not see the first examples on SGP roads until early next year.

major plus points is that Premium Auto Singapore can do in house MTM mods for audi cars bought from them safeguarding factory warranty. C&C and PML cannot.

I thought H.A.T does the mTm tuning for Audi? I don't think Premium Auto does it in house. Looking at it from another view, Audi purposely detunes the car and charges you extra for mTm. That being said, at least they have that option.

I thought H.A.T does the mTm tuning for Audi? I don't think Premium Auto does it in house. Looking at it from another view, Audi purposely detunes the car and charges you extra for mTm. That being said, at least they have that option.

H.A.T. does MTM mods for PI audi cars.... & VW cars or at least thats what I have been led to think.

Premium Auto does MTM for PA purchased cars only.

BMW also has a few 'detuned' cars in their line up.... case in point... the new F30 320 vs 328... essentially same engine different tune.

I see.

Even Mercedes has tons of 'detuned' cars. C Class for instance, C180 all the way to C250 uses the same 1.8L engine but have different outputs.

Well Dennis from AutiSpritze told me that the difference between C180 vs C250 is not just tuning, there are hardware differences with the manifold and some other stuff as well (can't remember whether it's the downpipe or exhaust).

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Basically, the engine is the same.

Of course for added power, it has to be tuned be it thru hardware such as the manifold or software.

Premium Auto does MTM for PA purchased cars only.

They make you sign an indemnity form anyway but there's an unspoken gentlemen's agreement to still 'honour' the warranty.

• Like 1

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Basically, the engine is the same.

Of course for added power, it has to be tuned be it thru hardware such as the manifold or software.

Ya lah, but the rest of the mechnicals makes the biggest difference. A Subaru WRC car also uses the 2L engine as it's road going cousin but check out the difference in output.

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Ya lah, but the rest of the mechnicals makes the biggest difference. A Subaru WRC car also uses the 2L engine as it's road going cousin but check out the difference in output.

That's what we're trying to say, engine is the same for a lot of the cars throughout the range but it's just 'detuned'.

That's what we're trying to say, engine is the same for a lot of the cars throughout the range but it's just 'detuned'.

Mark, I'm sure it's more than just a different tune for many of these cases. :D

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

The 6.3AMG engine found in the E63 N/A, CLS 63 N/A and C63 are essentially the same engines.... built exactly the same. Control of bhp/torque numbers are done via exhaust manifold / headers and ECU tuning.

Agree, just that they've been tuned differently.

I believe if not for warranty issues or LTA, there'll be tons of people tuning up their cars to max its full potential.

exhaust manifold / headers

Yes siree, exactly what Dennis said.

He also showed my the enormous downpipe the C250 had and told me it's the biggest STOCK downpipe he has seen!

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Agree, just that they've been tuned differently.

I believe if not for warranty issues or LTA, there'll be tons of people tuning up their cars to max its full potential.

Aiyoh Mark, not that I'm arguing with you that the engines are NOT detuned, all that I'm saying is that there is more to it.

树大必有枯枝,人多必有白痴。

树无皮必死无疑,人不要脸天下无敌!

Aiyoh Mark, not that I'm arguing with you that the engines are NOT detuned, all that I'm saying is that there is more to it.

I know. If you buy a C250 over a C180, of course it'll come with other goodies as well for the extra price you pay besides for the tuned performance. You of course get more options as standard. Hell if you buy a C350 it comes with the AMG kit as standard. What we're talking here is purely on cars having the exact same engine but a different performance setup.