• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

D.I.Y Changing your C Class Cabin, Licence plate & Night Lights to LED!!!

kepiting1sg

Want to D.I.Y changing your C Class Internal Cabin Lights, Licence Plate Lights & Night Light to White or Color LED bulbs?
Though it's for the Pre FL, it does give you an idea how to do it for your other rides!

This is how you do it!!!
ENJOY!!!!

Cheers

I'm a MB Whore! :)

unker batam should change name to unker POISON

This is helpful for kakies who like to DIY .....pcc....hehehe! :)

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Any bros can advise whether the interior leds require CAN-bus/Euro type ones? Having a hard time finding quality CAN-bus leds (locally)...

No requirements! Any "normal" led bulbs should work in the cabin & boot.

Canbus type can be found easily on eBay.

Cheers

Hi alwaysoblack, the replacement of the bulbs is quite easy, just need to get the correct type of replacement bulbs.

I have done it before for my jap cars but have not for my merc, guess it should be the same methods. :)

i agree purchasing replacement bulbs ain't the issue but the stripping part is as it does not look so straight forward? maybe my last go at it was at night under poor lighting therefore couldn't figure out how to remove the lamps. :lol:

i agree purchasing replacement bulbs ain't the issue but the stripping part is as it does not look so straight forward? maybe my last go at it was at night under poor lighting therefore couldn't figure out how to remove the lamps. :lol:

well, prob go to a accessories workshop, buy the bulbs and get the guys there to do it for u.

Prob cost u a few more bucks, but i think it's better than breaking the plastics part...

Check out site sponsor - PH Trading or Sonic Racing

Want to D.I.Y changing your C Class Internal Cabin Lights, Licence Plate Lights & Night Light to White or Color LED bulbs?

Though it's for the Pre FL, it does give you an idea how to do it for your other rides!

This is how you do it!!!

ENJOY!!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-F4ooqoEyf8

Unker,

My car already changed to white leds for license plate and will be going to Vicom for 3 year compulsory check up. Will Vicom fail because of these light bulbs ?

well, prob go to a accessories workshop, buy the bulbs and get the guys there to do it for u.

Prob cost u a few more bucks, but i think it's better than breaking the plastics part...

Check out site sponsor - PH Trading or Sonic Racing

true la less hassle, but i guess that is the "fun" of DYI. think i will probably fiddle with it once more... really cannot then head to a shop and learn from the pros. haha...

Unker,

My car already changed to white leds for license plate and will be going to Vicom for 3 year compulsory check up. Will Vicom fail because of these light bulbs ?

Mr. Lee!

My new C180 come stock with white LED licence plate lamp!

Boh tai chee lai! For licence plate white LED! :)

Cheers

Go accessories shops and buy LED bulbs and compared to the prices you buy on eBay you will be very enlightened! :)

Cheers

Go accessories shops and buy LED bulbs and compared to the prices you buy on eBay you will be very enlightened! :)

Yes i got enlighten and got frighten!!! Lolz

This thread is for the people in this community who like to D.I.Y!!!

Cheers

• 2 months later...

I've changed the parking/position lights on my C200 FL to polarg w5ws while I wait for my LEDs to arrive from ijdmtoy. @keith @giggss the driver's side is a lot easier to do so that side first. The added clearance will allow you to concentrate on wiggling the bulb holder out. The bulb holder's really snug inside the housing, so you might need a pair of thin gloves or pliers with duct tape on the teeth so that you don't damage the plastic bulb holder. I got mine out using a set of pliers which I gingerly guided into the housing, applied pressure and slowly pulled out. To do the passenger side, you'll have to remove the wiper fluid reservoir from its bracket. Simply unscrew 1 bolt that is in front of the reservoir on the black plastic panel. After that, slide down the bracket and give it a bit of force to yank it off the side of the wiper fluid tank. Once the bracket is out of the way, you can access the parking/position light bulb holder on the passenger side, but it will still be very tight, make sure your pliers are small and thin, not to mention taped if you intend to use pliers. Take your time and do not pull on the cables.

Good luck,

• 5 months later...

Is it all T10 BULBS?

BobVEN

Proud Owner of Merc C200 CGI

---------------------------------------------

Pioneer HU P99RS for Sale ! Please click the link below..

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/14541-pioneer-dex-p99rs-component-cd-receiver-for-sale/

Launch Creader VIII+ OBD2 Scanner for Sale ! Please click the link below

http://www.sgmerc.com/topic/14558-obd2-scanner-launch-creader-8-for-sale/