• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

E200 vs 320i

SpeedMerc

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have anyone driven both current model cars how is the pick up like...

Any problems for the E200 that has been uncovered so far.

I drove the pre FL of both cars before in 2008, honestly speaking i prefer the E200K i used to drive.. never been a fan of beemer although i frequently drives my dad's 320i and FL 523i. hate it always when driving them. just my humble opinion tho.. why not just test drive both of them and see which 1 you like more :)

P.S. IMO W204 chassis is the best ! ;)

Have anyone driven both current model cars how is the pick up like...

Any problems for the E200 that has been uncovered so far.

I drove a 3 series and switch over to merc recently. In my humble opinion, if you like:

1) Fast

2) Precise and challenging driving

3) "Younger" feel and look

then bmw is for you. There will be not much issue during the first 3 years of ownership. But alot of ppl get frust over pml though ....

But personally i still prefer the comfort of merc and like to slow things down abit which is why i switch over to merc.. Hope my 2 cents help

I drove a 3 series and switch over to merc recently. In my humble opinion, if you like:

1) Fast

2) Precise and challenging driving

3) "Younger" feel and look

then bmw is for you. There will be not much issue during the first 3 years of ownership. But alot of ppl get frust over pml though ....

But personally i still prefer the comfort of merc and like to slow things down abit which is why i switch over to merc.. Hope my 2 cents help

You made the right choice ;)

Benz is more comfortable compared to bmw..

But nowsadays, Benz are not really slowing down compared to olden days... :D

You made the right choice ;)

Benz is more comfortable compared to bmw..

But nowsadays, Benz are not really slowing down compared to olden days... :D

Frankly i believe its the driver and not the car only ...Merc also have very fierce drivers and cars ..just had a "great experience" just now at AMK av 1....somemore lady driver ...hai....but nevertheless i love the comfort and stylish look...though some might say my W211 looks retro ..hahahhahah

Cheers

IMHO... 320 is a slightly attas BENG CAR.... nothing different from a WRX or EVo... all will look very ugly after modding... C180 and C-coupe is so much different... you can mod all you like but the BENG caption will not fall on the car or the driver.... that's e CLASS different....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

IMHO... 320 is a slightly attas BENG CAR.... nothing different from a WRX or EVo... all will look very ugly after modding... C180 and C-coupe is so much different... you can mod all you like but the BENG caption will not fall on the car or the driver.... that's e CLASS different....

indeed ! just like blackiemerc's de Xiao Bai :D:rock:

in terms of handling i would go for the 3. to be frank. the w212 is a clumsy handler..

in terms of comfort its the E. image wise better.

the new 3 has very nice interior and good driving dynamics- my choice between the 2

choice depending on wat u looking for- the younger/keen driver will prob prefer the 3. the sedate mature gentleman- the E

in terms of handling i would go for the 3. to be frank. the w212 is a clumsy handler..

in terms of comfort its the E. image wise better.

the new 3 has very nice interior and good driving dynamics- my choice between the 2

choice depending on wat u looking for- the younger/keen driver will prob prefer the 3. the sedate mature gentleman- the E

+1

Not a fair comparison though TS. E200 vs 520 would be a closer comparison.

+1

Not a fair comparison though TS. E200 vs 520 would be a closer comparison.

yeah..the 5 handles way better too. only gripe about the E is the clumsy handling, the prob is prob in the chassis, something that even a susp mod may not fix..TS was asking about pick up? similar specs on paper. 320 feels faster though.. if concerned about pick up, just get the 3, the E is not the right car. 328 lagi best