• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Change front brake disc

benico

Hi everyone, I am driving a E250 CGI W212 and always experienced a knocking sound on my left front when I do a reverse parking. Please advise what is the cause. I am going to change the rotor. Please advise what is the difference between drilled and undrilled rotor. Please advise which workshop provide good service for brake pads and rotors changed. Thanks

i also have the same knocking sound on my left front also... when i do a reverse parking also.. since day 1... 1st 15k send back service i mention the problem... collect car they say tighten the nuts... i collect at about evening time... when i start car and drive off frm pandan... the knocking still there... lol.. KAN!

next servicing i will bring up this thing to them again...

any lau cheow, in the forum can advise also? heh.. thanks! Q

i also have the same knocking sound on my left front also... when i do a reverse parking also.. since day 1... 1st 15k send back service i mention the problem... collect car they say tighten the nuts... i collect at about evening time... when i start car and drive off frm pandan... the knocking still there... lol.. KAN!

next servicing i will bring up this thing to them again...

any lau cheow, in the forum can advise also? heh.. thanks! Q

happened to my w212 too. Reverse parking with steering either turning left fullest or right fullest.

however, all they did was some "tightening" and the sound never surfaced again.

Mine was about 40k milleage when it happened. Suspect that i had over steer rather too hard when the wheel locks when doing a 3 point turn that resulted in this. But again..i also dunno what causes this frankly.

Lastly, me is no lau cheow.

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi TonyHawk.. you can buy rotors and pads from Goldenlink at bukit merah then just drive down to any car workshops further down at bukit merah and change it.

Or u can try Zenith Automotive at Bukit Merah. Its almost at the end where u exit the gantry. No need to buy parts. They got the parts and price is reasonable.

Cheers

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/20/2016 at 3:43 PM, tonyhawk said:

Update on price at Golden Link (before GST -

Front Rotors x 2 SGD220

Brake Pads x 4 SGD240

Labour SGD100

Quoted SGD400+ for pads and labour at Zenith.

Bro,

Is your front rotor from Goldenlink...original merc or oem parts ?

Going to replace mine soon.

2006 W211 MERCEDES E200NGT