• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Change front brake disc

benico

Pads takes around 1k km yo bed.. so don be too aggressive during these two weeks....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

I just swap my rear with ATE and front VTTR pads with top93. Gd service andreasonable pricing.

Why different for front and rear?

My front is bbk and rear is stock.

• 2 months later...

Hi Hi Seniors here,

I did a change of ceramic brake pads and rotors via external workshops recently, and got knocking sounds when:

a) changing from Reverse to Drive gear and vice versa;

B) releasing foot brakes, while driving from Parking to Drive gears

c) making full right or left turns

Its been like more than a month now, I am driving stock W204.  Only changes are all 4 tires, ceramic discs and rotors.  Anyone can advice where can i get this diagnose and rectified?  I am staying in the east.

Thank you very much ...

Sparks

Hi Hi Seniors here,

I did a change of ceramic brake pads and rotors via external workshops recently, and got knocking sounds when:

a) changing from Reverse to Drive gear and vice versa;

B) releasing foot brakes, while driving from Parking to Drive gears

c) making full right or left turns

Its been like more than a month now, I am driving stock W204.  Only changes are all 4 tires, ceramic discs and rotors.  Anyone can advice where can i get this diagnose and rectified?  I am staying in the east.

Thank you very much ...

Sparks

Try TOP93, i did my rear creamic brake pad change with them, no sound or issue at all.

My 4 corners new ATE ceramics pads + 4 new original discs are about 3,000 kms old now and working fine with no noise and stops ok. Brakes dust is there but about 30% of originals at the front and maybe 25% at the back. So far, so good. :D

Hi, does Top93 carry the ATE ceramic brake pads? Or do I need to buy from stockist and bring to them for installation? 

Whats the approx price?

They got no issue with both arrangement. With parts and labour for the rear brake pad change should cost less than $300~350.

Hi Bros, this is a really useful thread.. Planning to buy all 4 pads and rotors from Goldenlink and bring it down to WS for installation..

Any recommendation for a reasonable WS preferrably in the west?

Thanks for any help.

I did mine at McWell, though they are more towards the East side.

Thank seniors ... Finally made a decision to send back to MB for checks on the noises.  Both front suspension were damaged (2nd time) and the steering wheel was damaged too.  All were changed within warranty period.  Hope it doesnt break apart anymore, since there is no more warranty time left.

I have also changed. At least I need a longer distance to brake, need to pray a few times. Heng heng I brake. Now It is okay, when I step my brakes, the car stops properly like the old brakes. I will test it out when I'm alone in my car, I will test 160 km/h and jam brake to test the brakes.

Generally a lot cheaper than what C&C quoted me. I paid $320 inclusive of GST for the brakes and $50 for installation + wheel rotation.

Hi everyone, I am driving a E250 CGI W212 and always experienced a knocking sound on my left front when I do a reverse parking. Please advise what is the cause. I am going to change the rotor. Please advise what is the difference between drilled and undrilled rotor. Please advise which workshop provide good service for brake pads and rotors changed. Thanks

Hi Anthony, main difference between drilled and non-drilled is that the drilled ones dissipate heat much faster than the standard non-drilled ones. This increases braking perfromance.

Changing pads and rotors are basic mechanical stuff.. any proper car workshop should be able to do it. Just check with them, if they are able to do it. Also, get the brake sensors of you are chaing pads. 5 bucks a piece