• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Change front brake disc

benico

They changed mine during my B Service (30000km). It boils down to how aggressive you are with the brakes.

Buy from local stockist & get outside workshop to fix it. It's a no brainer job for a good mechanic Should save u enough money to bring your family out for a nice meal. Check out Goldenlink...they also carry ATE ceramic pads. Very good for dust free rims....really! Had mine done last week for both rotors & ceramic pads at very reasonablle price.

Buy from local stockist & get outside workshop to fix it. It's a no briainer job for a good mechanic Should save u enough money to bring your family out for a nice meal. Check out Goldenlink...they also carry ATE ceramic pads. Very good for dust free rims....reallly! Had mine done last week for both rotors & ceramic pads at very reasonablle price.

Any untoward issues like squealing? Or do they work perfectly?

Any untoward issues like squealing? Or do they work perfectly?

The original pads that C&C fitted 3months ago started to squeal after 2 weeks. The ATE ceramics works like a charm....bite is twice better than OEM, But the best part is there's no dust at all. Now my rear rims are dirtier than the front...makes me want to change the rear too.

Bro

Can PM me the price you paid? I'm also thinking of changing pads? Ha...ha...

The original pads that C&C fitted 3months ago started to squeal after 2 weeks. The ATE ceramics works like a charm....bite is twice better than OEM, But the best part is there's no dust at all. Now my rear rims are dirtier than the front...makes me want to change the rear too.

I just called Golden Link. They have ready stock. Told them I'm coming next week.

• Like 1

I have the same experience with C&C pads. They squeal. How much were your front pair?

I have the same experience with C&C pads. They squeal. How much were your front pair?

Bro...mine is W204 AMG C250. The ATE ceramic pads cost $140 (a pair). The Cross drill rotors costs $250 (a pair). Brought it to nearby Sin Ming workshop called Team Sportivo to fix, labour only $30 plus..

Bro...mine is W204 AMG C250. The ATE ceramic pads cost $140 (a pair). The Cross drill rotors costs $250 (a pair). Brought it to nearby Sin Ming workshop called Team Sportivo to fix, labour only $30 plus..

Thanks. Very cheap compared to C&C. Looks like I have to do this during next change.

Thanks. Very cheap compared to C&C. Looks like I have to do this during next change.

Agree...getting original parts from local stockists makes sense if you have no more service credits to use in C&C.

Which model? They told me $140 for front for W212 and no stock for rear.

Called the bukit merah branch.. they have stock... $120 for a pair of brake pads... both front and back... $140 for each rotor... I'm thinking of going next week...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 1 month later...

bro, wanna to check if u had bought the ATE ceramic pads and Cross drill rotors from Golden Link, then install at Team Sportivo?

Mine brake pad is almost finishing, and is looking at replacing both ATE ceramic pads and rotors.

Cheers...

bro, wanna to check if u had bought the ATE ceramic pads and Cross drill rotors from Golden Link, then install at Team Sportivo?

Mine brake pad is almost finishing, and is looking at replacing both ATE ceramic pads and rotors.

Cheers...

That's right. Buy from Goldenlink & tell them to carry the rotors (quite heavy) to Team Sportivo. Look for Ricky at Team Sportivo....just pay labour charges only. Don't forget to buy the brake pad sensor...only $5.