• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Beware to those on the dark side

LTA damn on recently, spotted this at CCK just after Yew Tee MRT around 6pm yesterday.....

IMG_0879.jpg

Predator got it's prey.....an unsuspecting Beemer...

IMG_0885.jpg

Molesting the Beemer, checking out the upskirt....

IMG_0886.jpg

Playing peek-a-boo with the window tinting....

Those on the dark side beware........

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw one checking out a car along yio chu kana road this morning!

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

This has been happening for quite some time already. They are also going after the matt paintwork, illegal engine & exhaust mods too. I've a number of GTR, WRX, TT etc getting stopped at the roadside for impromptu "inspection".

Kelvin

1999 Mazada 323 Famli Navy Blue

2003 Toyota Corolla XLi FL Burgundy

2007 Toyota Wish X FL Black

2012 Pre-Facelift W210 E200 Elegance Black

This has been happening for quite some time already. They are also going after the matt paintwork, illegal engine & exhaust mods too. I've a number of GTR, WRX, TT etc getting stopped at the roadside for impromptu "inspection".

Full body matt wrapping is illegal mod? I didnt know that... :startle:

What is the penalty or summon amount for such offence? I thought of tinting 75% on my driver sides too. Any recommendation on the brand , quality etc that would pass this LTA 25% rulings?

I don't think LTA cares for the brand or quality. It is the percentage of tiny that matters.

Ha...that beemer front window tint confirm tio liao.

Just get ready $70...no demerit points; I also tio until I don't bother to remove...

It's rather unusual to see beemer being stopped, always Rexes, Evos and Type Rs; perhaps his ride is attracting too much attention.

Anyway...why is matt paintwork illegal? :startle:

Ha...that beemer front window tint confirm tio liao.

Just get ready $70...no demerit points; I also tio until I don't bother to remove...

It's rather unusual to see beemer being stopped, always Rexes, Evos and Type Rs; perhaps his ride is attracting too much attention.

Anyway...why is matt paintwork illegal? :startle:

i am thinking of preparing $70. so any recommendation about brands and grade ?

Check out our site sponsor:

http://www.sgmerc.com/forum/44-infratint-automotive-film/

Depends on your budget as well.

Anyway, you will still need to remove them when it comes to your inspection at AA or vicom.

No remove, they won't pass you and you can't renew your road tax and insurance.

So if you wanna go for dark, sexy tint on the front, I suggest you don't go for those top end tint film (which are normally a lot more expensive)

But similarly, I won't advice you to do it in Malaysia as well.

PM me if you need to know the charges from my regular shop.

I like dark tint myself. But there is a limit to it. Those cars with tint so dark you cant see into it during the day are hazards at night.

To make it worse, their mirror are dimmed when there's glare.

I like dark tints but removed them when it's quite hard to drive at nite.

Too bad Merc dun have a button to disable it like what vw has

To make it worse, their mirror are dimmed when there's glare.

I like dark tints but removed them when it's quite hard to drive at nite.

Too bad Merc dun have a button to disable it like what vw has

VW have a disable button to de tint? Wow cool ! Where can we get it retro fit locally?

Check with you guys, if kena caught for simple mod such as tinting or fancy vrn plate...whats the penalty for the second time?

It's simply $70 every time when you got caught. No dermit points....

That's why you'd see those soup up Aston Martin, Maserati, ferrari with super dark tint every time....$70 every time when caught is like peanuts to them; won't bother to remove them.

Nowadays I think better to be more low profile. My next ride will have regulation tint. My family lexus with 50% tint got summoned 4 months ago. My buddy in his ferrari received mail notice to go for inspection. He suspect its for his dark tint. Too many kaypohs nowadays who will take photo of yr ride and bother to email to LTA