• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing Mercedes

Just did my 130k serving today.

Cost me $1,088 using Mobil Gold for engine oil....Met a fellow S class owner at workshop who is doing his servicing and he said the Mobil Gold will make ur ride feel very smooth but at a premium price $200 for 8L did went for a quick run from workshop to home and yes it feel dam shoick with this Oil

http://www.mobil1.com.sg/products/product_0W40.aspx

Well this is what I did

2x Rear disc rotor

2x rear brake pad

2x rear brake pad cable

engine oil

air filter

fuel filter

air con gas top up

oil filter

tyre rotation

tyre wheel balancing

• Like 2

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

hahah i thought u just go service ur ride?

Wah. You make me wanna go for another servicing even though my B doesn't need one.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

They did the basic....engine oil , air filter.

The rest is what I told them I wanted to be change

They also recommend me what is needed to be changed as well

This workshop knows they cant change things for me based on mileage as my car I did a lot of impromptu change eg 123k i did ATF,

116k i did change of brake

115k i did Airmatic replacement

Do you tell the workshop what you want to do or workshop recommend what to do based on mileage?

Cost me $1,088 using Mobil Gold for engine oil....Met a fellow S class owner at workshop who is doing his servicing and he said the Mobil Gold will make ur ride feel very smooth but at a premium price $200 for 8L did went for a quick run from workshop to home and yes it feel dam shoick with this Oil

Well this is what I did

2x Rear disc rotor

2x rear brake pad

2x rear brake pad cable

engine oil

air filter

fuel filter

air con gas top up

oil filter

tyre rotation

tyre wheel balancing

Bro can share the name of The workshop? My 60k servicing is due soon not going back c&c.

Round Motor Repairs & Services

Address : 10 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 2A #01-19 AMK Autopoint S(568047)

Phone : 64812777

Fax : 64812555

Operating hours:9am-6pm(mon-sat)

No appointment needed

First come first serve

• Like 1

I must admit. You got a good price for this job. I realize it's cheaper as compared to my $900 brake changes and your total is just over one K.

Well this is what I did

2x Rear disc rotor

2x rear brake pad

2x rear brake pad cable

engine oil

air filter

fuel filter

air con gas top up

oil filter

tyre rotation

tyre wheel balancing

2008 W245 Black with no mods yet.

B 170 in the East

Mine is the older s class W220

Guys wanna hear some opinion... my 45k mark is up and thinking to skip c&c and just go for outside workshop if cost is high. Can anyone share rough cost if service at c&c?

I did my brake pads outside and is comfortable with outside service standard so if c&c charges too much then no point going back to them.

Thanks.

It depends on what is needed to be changed.

A SERVICE :

- Inspect and record tread depth, and correct tire pressure

- Rotate tires (excludes AMG, Sports Models, SLK, and vehicles with staggered wheels)

- Engine oil change and oil filter replacement

-Includes Mobil 1 synthetic oil

- Lubrication service

- Includes hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker

plates, sun roof tracks and top off all fluids

- Cooling system inspection

- Includes antifreeze protection level, hoses and

clamps

- Brake inspection

- Includes check of pad thickness and condition of

discs, fluids and lines

- Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional. Dust filter prices vary by model)

- Function check

- Includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior

lights, seat belts, windshield wiper and washer

- Inspect and lubricate throttle linkage

- Check and clean air filter

- Reset flexible service system counter

B SERVICE :

- Inspect windshield wiper inserts and service windshield washer system (Replacement of wiper inserts additional*).

- Inspect and rotate tires, record tread depth, and correct tire pressure. (Wheel balance additional*).

-excludes AMG, Sports Models, SLK, and vehicles

with staggered wheels

- Engine oil change and oil filter replacement

-Includes Mobil 1 synthetic oil

- Lubrication service

- Includes hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker

plates, sun roof tracks and top off all fluids

- Cooling system inspection

- Includes antifreeze protection level, hoses and

clamps

- Brake inspection

- Includes check of pad thickness and condition of

discs, fluids and lines

- Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional*. Dust filter prices vary by model)

- Function check

- Includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior

lights, seat belts, windshield wiper and washer

- Inspect and lubricate throttle linkage

- Check and clean air filter

- Reset flexible service system counter

- Inspect front axle ball joints; check steering play and power steering clutch; and rear differential levels

- Inspect Poly V-Belt for condition

- Inspect starting and charging system and service battery

- Inspect climate control refrigerant

Guys wanna hear some opinion... my 45k mark is up and thinking to skip c&c and just go for outside workshop if cost is high. Can anyone share rough cost if service at c&c?

I did my brake pads outside and is comfortable with outside service standard so if c&c charges too much then no point going back to them.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Can u share what is your ride?

mine is w204... it should be just Service A but i dont need air filter (DIY'd), brake pads (replaced outside), so should be just the standard checks plus EO and EO filter. On staggered set up so no need to rotate.

Brake disc i would also change outside but probably can wait till 60K. :)

thanks for advising! :thumbsu:

they will still change air filter for u......

w204 i cant advice if i am not wrong should be below $400

Bro this is general chat .... No difference in classes.....

• 2 weeks later...