• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing Mercedes

• 3 weeks later...

Done my 30k servicing at C&C and they recommended me to change front rotors, brake pads and rear pads.

Now at 35k, Check brake pad light on.

Is it necessary to change the rotors too?

At 35k km, rotors can still be used. It's the pads that are worn, just change them. Usually the rule of the thumb is 2 brake pads change to 1 rotor change. Rotors should be good till 60-70k km.

Hi all,

Am glad I'm not the only person that often does oil and oil filter change..... i usually do a change once I clock in 5000-6000km.

I recently did an oil change (brought my own oil - Mobil Gold), oil filter, cabin filter + wiper blades + additional Mobil from C&C (as they said 4 litres not enough) it costs almost S$600

Car currently about 32,000km (1.5 years old C180) and was told next servicing need to change brake pads etc....

If we change from outside but using original Merc parts would C & C void warranty?

Hi all,

Am glad I'm not the only person that often does oil and oil filter change..... i usually do a change once I clock in 5000-6000km.

I recently did an oil change (brought my own oil - Mobil Gold), oil filter, cabin filter + wiper blades + additional Mobil from C&C (as they said 4 litres not enough) it costs almost S$600

Car currently about 32,000km (1.5 years old C180) and was told next servicing need to change brake pads etc....

If we change from outside but using original Merc parts would C & C void warranty?

Can buy own oil for Cnc to change when under warranty? Think for c class at least 5 to 6 liters. :)

AD is the authorised dealer or C&C for this matter.

Those that I can save money on, I will do outside. Eg. change tyres, brakes, tyre rotation, wipers, etc.

Servicing no choice, have to go back to C&C to maintain the warranty.

Bro, how about changing rims and tyres? Still can maintain the warranty?

I may be slow, but I'll see you in a bit - at the next traffic light.

Been a while since i last post but just to share my 60,000 KM (major) servicing with Chip Soon last week.

A typical 60,000 km servcinig package will cost about 900 - 950 SGD. But i was charged less as Chip Soon did told me some parts (i/e. air filter, brake pads) are still good and no need to change.

You can see the detailed cost breakdown.

Btw, i also changed my engine n tranny mounting (which is half of what CnC quoted).

i am a walk-in customer and Daniel from Chip Soon serve me. Nice n Friendly guy! Got my car 4 hours later (could be faster if not for the mounting). Btw, I never call up for booking at CHip Soon in my previous servcing as well.

Hope this helps. And yes, usual disclaimers about me not related to Chip Soon applies... blah blah blah..

14039997992_7af0462f31.jpg

• Like 1

Has anyone of you did air-con flush at CnC?

Is it essential and how much is it? Please advise me.

I'm thinking of going to outside workshop do it but I'm checking around for the best....

Have signed up for the service clinic promo before at 35 or 50 dollars for previous old ride.

Not too bad. :)