• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing Mercedes

I'm sorry but what's AD? Haha ...

I'm not sure I'm getting you right ... you went outside for the parts and got them fixed for $700 but still went C&C for servicing? Am I right?

AD = Amazing Deal! lol... no lah, it;s Authorised Dealer.

it does sound like yc333 brought his parts (purchased elsewhere) to C&C to fit in, can confirm?

• Like 1

No they did not put any of the old parts in my car for me to check. :( Maybe I will request that they do that when I go for svs next ... Good idea!

ya, perhaps we can ask them to do it, or maybe  C&C generally don't do that? 

i thought of it only cos the AD for my former ride will do that without asking...

Can I check with you, where do you svs your merc now?

But if I am not mistaken, if we don't maintain our car with C&C for 3yrs the warranty gets voided right?

ya, perhaps we can ask them to do it, or maybe  C&C generally don't do that? 

i thought of it only cos the AD for my former ride will do that without asking...

AD = Amazing Deal! lol... no lah, it;s Authorised Dealer.

it does sound like yc333 brought his parts (purchased elsewhere) to C&C to fit in, can confirm?

I bought my parts from outside and installation by outside also :)

Can I check with you, where do you svs your merc now?

But if I am not mistaken, if we don't maintain our car with C&C for 3yrs the warranty gets voided right?

Yes will need to do servicing with them every 15k or 1 year, whichever first, to maintain the warranty.

I'm sorry but what's AD? Haha ...

I'm not sure I'm getting you right ... you went outside for the parts and got them fixed for $700 but still went C&C for servicing? Am I right?

AD is the authorised dealer or C&C for this matter.

Those that I can save money on, I will do outside. Eg. change tyres, brakes, tyre rotation, wipers, etc.

Servicing no choice, have to go back to C&C to maintain the warranty.

I just did my Service A and had the following done:

- Mobil one engine oil changed

- Oil filter replaced.

- Drain plug gasket replaced.

- OWS engine flushed.

- Lubrication service with standard checks.

- free car wash.

Total cost: $285 w/o GST.

Reasonable?

- Oil filter replaced.

- OWS engine flushed.

- free car wash.

Reasonable?

U didn't do it at C&C I reckon?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I use a workshop in Tampines. Tendencies are that B class aren't many and I did comments from the mechanics that they don't service many. However, its turning out great for me there.

Only one peeve of the unsettling gear shift in 1st gear from time to time that can't be solved. Need an experienced mechanic.

2008 W245 Black with no mods yet.

B 170 in the East

• 1 month later...

- Oil filter replaced.

- OWS engine flushed.

- free car wash.

Reasonable?

did this similar service in another workshop, similar pricing too!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kismet, so sad to hear of your bad experiences at C&C.

Incidentally I also went for my 45k servicing A at Pandan Loop last week, all in for about $400+. Chose the 1hr guaranteed turnaround, hang around for their kopi and delifrance pastries, and they return my car in about 50minutes. A pleasant experience for me. Do hope yours is an isolated incident.

Parts wise, from AD is definitely much more expensive. Few months back I got from stockist for all 4 pads and discs, include sensor and labour to change for about $700

bro ur brake pads change at cnc? Or 3rd party?

How much is Service B1 30K for w204???

Hard to say , depends on which workshop and what parts are needed to be changed

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

Did mine at CNC, asked them not to change air filter, total 800+

going to CNC too...can u share the breakdown... hoping to do the minimum at CNC to maintain the warranty. Other items to get it done outside.

going to CNC too...can u share the breakdown... hoping to do the minimum at CNC to maintain the warranty. Other items to get it done outside.

1) Brake fluid : $91.96 (qty 2)

2) Combination Filter : $155.76 (qty 1)

3) Ultra S-Helix @1.0L : $137.94 (qty 5.5)

4) Oil Filter Element $39.32 (qty 1)

These are the price for the hardware, of course there is the tire check, brake pad check etc. All and all $825, exlusive of GST

Am thinking to switch my regular workshop, anyone can recommend a good alternative?

May need to replace my rear brake rotors, brake pads and sensors soon. Got a quote from one workshop, $300 all inclusive with OEM parts.

Try Nam Sing @ 10 AMK Industrial Park.  I am very satisfied with them.  Boss very knowledgeable.

• Like 2

1) Brake fluid : $91.96 (qty 2)

2) Combination Filter : $155.76 (qty 1)

3) Ultra S-Helix @1.0L : $137.94 (qty 5.5)

4) Oil Filter Element $39.32 (qty 1)

These are the price for the hardware, of course there is the tire check, brake pad check etc. All and all $825, exlusive of GST

The hardware pricing seems reasonable...