• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing Mercedes

Now mine is on Nitrogen.. So does this mean I cannot use those petrol kiosk air pump anymore?

yes, you still can.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

W212 Aircon Service

when to do it?

Where to do it?

What is covered?

Feel that the fan power is not as strong. Time to change filter? can DIY?

Had a similar situation whereby notice airflow was reduced. after the 60Km service which they Change the aircon filter. It is back to good airflow again.

This is on my w212.

Just did my 60k service at chip soon under $900. I would said the price is not bad and car was washed. Good service to them, no booking just walk in, done in 3 hrs.

Did that in Chip Soon today.

Also had the engine mounting & brake disc & pads(ceramic pads to reduce brake dust) changed at 60K. 

Overall good service & advice by Jason & team. :)

• Like 1

care to share what was done for your 60k servicing at chip soon?

Change:

- Coolant

- ATF

- Brake fluid

- ATF gasket

- ATF filter

- ATF plug

- Engine oil - Mobil 1

- Oil filter

- Drain plug washer

- Spark plugs

- Air filter - OEM

- Aircon filter

Hi hi bros and sis's! :D 

Hope everyone's doing well! Just wanted to share my experience and vent my frustration with regards to my last servicing (last week) at C&C Pandan Loop.  :thumbsd:

I did my 3rd servicing at 44k at C&C Pandan Loop. I went in before 45k cos everytime I start my car I get this error msg "Check Brake Wear" (started arounf 42k) and it was getting more "persistent" (appearing more often even while driving). When I called C&C they said to come in ASAP.

So when I went down they said I need to change my brake pads/discs front and rear cos its totally gone and that's why got the error msg. Then they said my tires are bald and that's why the car is noisy ... and now they have a package buy 4 tires and get rims free .... I was like ... the car's under 45k ... - so I told them I will change it next time. Then ... since they couldn't get me to change my tires, they told me my gearbox got problem and that's why the car is noisy ...

In the end, it cost me like 2.3k to service the car ... I was like ... WTF OMG! I can't imagine what I'm going to have to pay for the next servicing for 60k which is the major one ... 

Also ... after the servicing, I just looked over their checklist .... and lo and behold it indicates the tires thread is 4-5 which is not in the "redzone" yet. And they told me it's bald before the servicing!!! I suspect there was nothing wrong with the brakes cos I was able to brake just fine although the error msg kept coming up!!! And they also charged for changing some sensors. I think the brake sensor was off but the brakes themselves were fine. And as for the gearbox they charged for re-mounting it or something to that effect, but I honestly didn't feel anything was wrong with it in the first place!  :startle:

In any case, now the car drives great so I shouldn't complain. But I can't help feeling like they were changing items that were fine just to make a quick buck! Sigh~ 

Anyone feel the same way??? 

@Kismet

What did you do to get a 2.3K bill?  If im not mistaken 44K service should be just a minor service.. you did many extra things?

yeah they like to get you to do many overpriced things ...  but "gearbox problem", how come not covered by warranty ?

For wear and tear items that are not covered by warranty (i.e. brake pads), just buy your own parts and change at 3rd party workshops.  Brakepad sensor is only around $15 i think.

• Like 1

@Kismet

What did you do to get a 2.3K bill?  If im not mistaken 44K service should be just a minor service.. you did many extra things?

yeah they like to get you to do many overpriced things ...  but "gearbox problem", how come not covered by warranty ?

For wear and tear items that are not covered by warranty (i.e. brake pads), just buy your own parts and change at 3rd party workshops.  Brakepad sensor is only around $15 i think.

That's the thing! I didn't do anything extra ... I just told them about the error message and that the car sounds noisy from the outside.  :sick:

But they were the ones who kept telling me need to change this and change that and etc ...  :thumbsd:

I forgot the gearbox should have been covered under warranty!!! I can't recall if they charged for it but even if they didn't, they would have made up for it in their labour charges!!! If I'm not mistaken, the labour charge alone was about $680 ...  :startle:

CnC change items on time base. Meaning once the items reached their suppose to be lifetime limit they change.

The world Most dangerous thing is the Vehicle. Its not about the machine weather its slow or fast. Its the person who is controlling it. The driver is the brain of the Machine. Not the machine itself.

If the driver reacts slow even the most powerful ABS(Auto braking system) will not help. The driver has to give the car the command in Order for the car to react. Afterall he is the brain of the car.

@Kismet I just did my 42K servicing, also the 3rd servicing actually. Including tyre rotation/balance, total bill comes up to less than $500. It's just a basic package A service.

I did complain about sound coming from the undercarriage. Found out that its due to stabilizer linkage. Anyway that was covered under warranty. No labor charge too. If something is under warranty, I don't think they should charge labor.

Going off to collect my car now... at pandan loop also LOL

• Like 1

@Kismet I just did my 42K servicing, also the 3rd servicing actually. Including tyre rotation/balance, total bill comes up to less than $500. It's just a basic package A service.

I did complain about sound coming from the undercarriage. Found out that its due to stabilizer linkage. Anyway that was covered under warranty. No labor charge too. If something is under warranty, I don't think they should charge labor.

Going off to collect my car now... at pandan loop also LOL

That's so unfair!!!  :(  Mine is Service A too!

The bulk of the cost was on the brakes: 

1. Replace rear brake pads 144.00

2. Replace front brake discs 240.00

3. Front brake lining 221.70

4. Front brake disc 408.10

5. TS disk brake pad 179.57

6. Brake pad sensor 17.93

7. Brake disc screw 9.48

8. DPS Brake caliper cleaner (400ml) 7.95

Other major costs:

9. Bushing for rear engine mount replace 60.00

10. Gearbox mounting 160.33

11. TS wiper blade 138.16

12. Labour 624.00

Let me know who is your Service Agent, next time I look for him!!! LOL!

That's so unfair!!! :( Mine is Service A too!

7. Brake disc screw 9.48

Other major costs:

12. Labour 624.00

Without the rear brake disc ardy so ex.

Mine was full front n rear brake disc, ceramic pads which are more ex but generate less dust at $910.

• Like 1

Hi Kismet, so sad to hear of your bad experiences at C&C.

Incidentally I also went for my 45k servicing A at Pandan Loop last week, all in for about $400+. Chose the 1hr guaranteed turnaround, hang around for their kopi and delifrance pastries, and they return my car in about 50minutes. A pleasant experience for me. Do hope yours is an isolated incident.

Parts wise, from AD is definitely much more expensive. Few months back I got from stockist for all 4 pads and discs, include sensor and labour to change for about $700

• Like 1

That's so unfair!!!  :(  Mine is Service A too!

7. Brake disc screw 9.48

Other major costs:

12. Labour 624.00

sorry to hear abt ur case!

but was wondering, did they put the parts that they took out in your car? e.g. old brake pads and discs?

not sure abt C&C but some workshops do that, and maybe u can bring the brake pads for some evaluation, if u really want to know you kena carrot chopped.....

also the gearbox mounting is the one they changed, and i think that shld be under wear-and-tear

cheers!

• Like 1

Just came back.  Service A about $470 (including tyre rotation/balance).

But realized they did Engine flush and Fuel Treatment w/o asking (unless it is part of the package, even though unnecessary). 

Charged for 2 bottles of wiper fluid too (again, unnecessary).

Otherwise basic service should be just slightly less than $400. 

• Like 1

I am shocked how can the changes differ so greatly for person to person! My labour cost alone came to $624!

And they took 2 days to do the work although I sent it for servicing at 10 am. Then they kept it another 1 more day to replace windshield which was claimed through insurance. I had to rent a car for 3 days.

Also, my magazine net clip had come off at the rear, and the net is hanging. I pointed this out during my 2nd servicing and they said they had to order the part and will call the week after for me to come and get it done. They didn't call so I thought just wait till next servicing. This time when I went, I reminded them that they forgot to do the clip the last time. So they said they'll do it this servicing. When I went to collect my car, they said they had changed the whole netting and stuff .... But when I went to check the car, the net was still hanging .... Then the service agent said maybe it came off during the cleaning process .... I was like ... At the exact same clip as last time?? And there's no clip dropped on the floor ... OMG!

So I told them I'm not driving up all the way to Pandan Loop for his mistake. So he said since it's his mistake they will come to my home to fix the net the following week. No calls from them yet. Y'day I sms'ed and called the service agent, but no response.

I'm wondering if I should write in formally to C&C but I don't really want the service agent to get screwed also. He seemed like a decent guy but the work's sloppy. But I'm not sure it's even his fault cos I was assigned to another agent who handed over to this agent cos he was off when I collected the car. So I don't know who was the sloppy one ... Sigh!!!

I'm sorry but what's AD? Haha ...

I'm not sure I'm getting you right ... you went outside for the parts and got them fixed for $700 but still went C&C for servicing? Am I right?

Hi Kismet, so sad to hear of your bad experiences at C&C.

Incidentally I also went for my 45k servicing A at Pandan Loop last week, all in for about $400+. Chose the 1hr guaranteed turnaround, hang around for their kopi and delifrance pastries, and they return my car in about 50minutes. A pleasant experience for me. Do hope yours is an isolated incident.

Parts wise, from AD is definitely much more expensive. Few months back I got from stockist for all 4 pads and discs, include sensor and labour to change for about $700

sorry to hear abt ur case!

but was wondering, did they put the parts that they took out in your car? e.g. old brake pads and discs?

not sure abt C&C but some workshops do that, and maybe u can bring the brake pads for some evaluation, if u really want to know you kena carrot chopped.....

also the gearbox mounting is the one they changed, and i think that shld be under wear-and-tear

cheers!

No they did not put any of the old parts in my car for me to check. :( Maybe I will request that they do that when I go for svs next ... Good idea!