• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing Mercedes

seems like an exciting experience going to c&c for servicing.. womt know how much the damage till they come out with your car... zzzzzzz

Just tell them if over a certain threshold to call you before proceeding.

• 3 weeks later...

Yup i did ask them not to do engine bay wash, washer fluid top up but forgot to tell them not to add fuel additive ( no diff at all )

yup.. for that price $23++ dunno what brand fuel additive from cnc, might as well buy your own like the stp or redline s1 fuel injector cleaner.

could feel the responsiveness from my own experiences in LGT and current C180k.. and cheaper too.

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on what is needed to be changed.

A SERVICE :

- Inspect and record tread depth, and correct tire pressure

- Rotate tires (excludes AMG, Sports Models, SLK, and vehicles with staggered wheels)

- Engine oil change and oil filter replacement

-Includes Mobil 1 synthetic oil

- Lubrication service

- Includes hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker

plates, sun roof tracks and top off all fluids

- Cooling system inspection

- Includes antifreeze protection level, hoses and

clamps

- Brake inspection

- Includes check of pad thickness and condition of

discs, fluids and lines

- Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional. Dust filter prices vary by model)

- Function check

- Includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior

lights, seat belts, windshield wiper and washer

- Inspect and lubricate throttle linkage

- Check and clean air filter

- Reset flexible service system counter

B SERVICE :

- Inspect windshield wiper inserts and service windshield washer system (Replacement of wiper inserts additional*).

- Inspect and rotate tires, record tread depth, and correct tire pressure. (Wheel balance additional*).

-excludes AMG, Sports Models, SLK, and vehicles

with staggered wheels

- Engine oil change and oil filter replacement

-Includes Mobil 1 synthetic oil

- Lubrication service

- Includes hood hinges, lock cylinders, striker

plates, sun roof tracks and top off all fluids

- Cooling system inspection

- Includes antifreeze protection level, hoses and

clamps

- Brake inspection

- Includes check of pad thickness and condition of

discs, fluids and lines

- Inspect heating and ventilation dust filter, replace if needed. (Replacement additional*. Dust filter prices vary by model)

- Function check

- Includes warning lamps, headlights, exterior

lights, seat belts, windshield wiper and washer

- Inspect and lubricate throttle linkage

- Check and clean air filter

- Reset flexible service system counter

- Inspect front axle ball joints; check steering play and power steering clutch; and rear differential levels

- Inspect Poly V-Belt for condition

- Inspect starting and charging system and service battery

- Inspect climate control refrigerant

Hello bro, thanks for the useful info. MY ride is showing me Service Type A is due, and I'm scratching my head what the heck is Type A :( . My question is all the service items you listed should be done regardless of what the mileage.  I've a pre-owned W212 PI car just got it few weeks ago and is at 12K. Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

guys, one question i keep forgetting to ask..

when you did your 60k outside, did the workshop change your fuel filter?

the servicing booklet mentioned it, but with small print 'if applicable'.

but the workshop guy that did for me said don't need until i encounter bad mileage.  

did you do it?

Just to ride on this thread. For those who bought new, do u really follow the first 15k for the first change of oil? Or will kiasu abit go earlier? As I thought after run in will have small bits of scraps and stuffs in cylinder that needs to be flushed out. My friend bought a new jap ride and 1st oil change was at 500km I believe was to flush those out. Conti no need?

U can even change your oil every 1k... As long as u can afford it.... Nobody says its wrong... C&C would be very happy..... As long as it's not more than 15k or 6 months.... Whichever is earlier.....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Conti car are already run in well before they even leave the factory..... So no worries about running in....

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

Thanks ah bui! Hmmm thats gd info that they run in well the vehicles before coming out of factory. Ok I guess I'll just pay a visit to c&c some other day. Btw usually how long before due service u guys bk appointment? Heard vw require to bk way before due to get a slot. I hope c&c is not the same...

Conti car are already run in well before they even leave the factory..... So no worries about running in....

I also heard about this but was told by friends to "run in" first i.e first 1000km not exceeding 3000RPM and next 2000km (before 3000km on Odo) to not exceed 5000RPM. I don't mind kiasi bit to follow this advice but it'll take me ages to get 3000km. (My monthly usage 400-600km...).

You should be darn glad U didn't buy a Bimmer..... they operate this way... call or web them... leave ur no... they call U... tell U when to go... No questions asked... and no compromise... C&C allows u to choose when and where U wanna go... how  great is that....

Thanks ah bui! Hmmm thats gd info that they run in well the vehicles before coming out of factory. Ok I guess I'll just pay a visit to c&c some other day. Btw usually how long before due service u guys bk appointment? Heard vw require to bk way before due to get a slot. I hope c&c is not the same...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just did my 130k serving today.

Cost me $1,088 using Mobil Gold for engine oil....Met a fellow S class owner at workshop who is doing his servicing and he said the Mobil Gold will make ur ride feel very smooth but at a premium price $200 for 8L did went for a quick run from workshop to home and yes it feel dam shoick with this Oil

http://www.mobil1.com.sg/products/product_0W40.aspx

Well this is what I did

2x Rear disc rotor

2x rear brake pad

2x rear brake pad cable

engine oil

air filter

fuel filter

air con gas top up

oil filter

tyre rotation

tyre wheel balancing

This is a very good price!

Agree that the Mobil Gold is really good. Engine is quiet and smooth :D

Will try Round Motor Repairs & Services on my next service...