• Join SGMerc for Exclusive Perks!

Welcome to SGMerc - the largest Mercedes-Benz site for Owner and Enthusiasts in Singapore!

SGMerc is the official club for all current & previous owners of Mercedes-Benz cars in Singapore. SIGN UP FOR YOUR FREE ACCOUNT TODAY!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join us today!

Servicing Mercedes

I will like to start a topics on the servicing of my Mercedes. To share to others.

Date : Aug 2012

Mileage : 65000km ( major service )

Cost : $3,300 !

Major items

1) fuel filter - $500

2) brake pad front - $200

3) brake pad RR - $150

4) brake disc frt - $500

5) brake disc rear - $260

6) wiper blade - $110

7) automatic transmission fluid - $250

8) Liquinmoly pro line package - $128

9) lubrication service - $200

Is it normal pricing for Mercedes servicing ?

Bro, think it's $2,298 to be exact haha...I was shocked initially to see $3,300 lol

Btw, can I know what exactly is item 4 & 5? Disc rotor you mean? And item 9 is strange to me too. Any details?

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Bro, think it's $2,298 to be exact haha...I was shocked initially to see $3,300 lol

Btw, can I know what exactly is item 4 & 5? Disc rotor you mean? And item 9 is strange to me too. Any details?

It is $3.3k because there are a lot of other items.

Item 4 & 5 are brake disc front and rear. Total 4 items.

Item 9 - injection cleaner, engine flush & ceratec

• Like 1

I see, but why the need to replace disc rotors? Are they spoiled or something? Your mileage is only 65 000km.

Even if they are warped, can just do skimming. Not sure that's how CnC do it as a standard change at this mileage.

C63 507 Edition/AMG hybrid kitted | 19" BC forged staggered rims | RAYS Alloy lock nuts | AMG BBK | KW Street Comfort Coilover | NAPEXX Quad exhaust | Exclusive motorsports ECU & Power Pedal | BMC Air filter | AMG Padels | Aftermarket ILS Headlamps | CF Side mirrors | CF Boot spoiler | CF Roof spoiler | Electroplated black chrome C-Coupe front grille | DLS 2-Way Active ICE : Apline PXA-H800 Processor / RUX C800 Contoller | 12" Active Ground Zero Slim Sub Woofer...

Rule of thumb for changing rotors is every 2 brake pad change, 1 rotor change. Skimming is common in jap rides but normally not recommended for conti rides. For safety issues. Not I say one, 2 workshops specializing in MB and BMW say one.

• Like 1

Rule of thumb for changing rotors is every 2 brake pad change, 1 rotor change. Skimming is common in jap rides but normally not recommended for conti rides. For safety issues. Not I say one, 2 workshops specializing in MB and BMW say one.

I never believe this and i dont it will be neccesary if the condition is still good. They are just out to make $$$.

LOL. I kiasi.......

Haha... Everybody also Kiasi la...but frankly don't tell me conti parts are more inferior than jap parts? If yes, then something is not right. :)

Hi Barney,

Can I have the details of the 2 workshops you mentioned which specialize in MBs? Thanks.

These topics has been discussed many times and its a Classic that will come back again and again. Its a daily Bread n Butter issue which i always have interest.

Just to share...(As i have written several FR on above).

1) Not adviseable to skim rotor as it relatively "cheap" to purchase say $120 a piece from AD and Orginal Merc part. I bought and change mine at 50,000KM about two months ago.

2) If want to save some cost, buy own OEM parts and get WS to change.

3) MBM and Starblack are the two companies I am aware that able to service Merc as having used them before. Good feedback.

Mr. DIY-MERC, may i know if you have any issue after the tranmission oil change? i read much about Transmission oil change and always sceptical about it unless change at CnC. Any info appreciated. You driving C, E, S or which merc? Thanks

Hi Barney,

Can I have the details of the 2 workshops you mentioned which specialize in MBs? Thanks.

Hi Barney,

PM sent bro! I am not related to any though!

Disc rotor should be changed when there is signs of wear. The rules thumb quoted every 2 brake pad changes is just a rules thumb. Skimming is not recommended as conti cars are heavier than japs and thus the strain on the disc rotors are also higher. It has nothing to do with inferior parts.

I go to MB Auto Workshop at AMK Autopoint. Really friendly service and good knowledge on many different MB models.

Kelvin

1999 Mazada 323 Famli Navy Blue

2003 Toyota Corolla XLi FL Burgundy

2007 Toyota Wish X FL Black

2012 Pre-Facelift W210 E200 Elegance Black

Disc rotor should be changed when there is signs of wear. The rules thumb quoted every 2 brake pad changes is just a rules thumb. Skimming is not recommended as conti cars are heavier than japs and thus the strain on the disc rotors are also higher. It has nothing to do with inferior parts.

I go to MB Auto Workshop at AMK Autopoint. Really friendly service and good knowledge on many different MB models.

Riverview ?

When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile

:D

Riverview ?

I've not personally tried Riverview. I find MB Auto Workshop quite ok. I hang around there quite a bit and learn/pick up a few tips and tricks.

Kelvin

1999 Mazada 323 Famli Navy Blue

2003 Toyota Corolla XLi FL Burgundy

2007 Toyota Wish X FL Black

2012 Pre-Facelift W210 E200 Elegance Black

These topics has been discussed many times and its a Classic that will come back again and again. Its a daily Bread n Butter issue which i always have interest.

Just to share...(As i have written several FR on above).

1) Not adviseable to skim rotor as it relatively "cheap" to purchase say $120 a piece from AD and Orginal Merc part. I bought and change mine at 50,000KM about two months ago.

2) If want to save some cost, buy own OEM parts and get WS to change.

3) MBM and Starblack are the two companies I am aware that able to service Merc as having used them before. Good feedback.

Mr. DIY-MERC, may i know if you have any issue after the tranmission oil change? i read much about Transmission oil change and always sceptical about it unless change at CnC. Any info appreciated. You driving C, E, S or which merc? Thanks

Mine is e class. No problem so far except I think the servicing is quite high. Not sure it is normal for major servicing will cost more than $3k.

What kind of fuel filter costs $500? OMG

I also wonder. Bear in mind most driver will not know the exact pricing and a lot of trust is place on the workshop,

Btw on top of servicing, I change 1 tyre that cost me $500 additional in the workshop. When I check thru my record, my previous tyre I changed few months back cost only $375 !!! I thought the difference will not be that much and take the convenience path. Lesson learnt.

I will like to start a topics on the servicing of my Mercedes. To share to others.

Date : Aug 2012

Mileage : 65000km ( major service )

Cost : $3,300 !

Major items

1) fuel filter - $500

2) brake pad front - $200

3) brake pad RR - $150

4) brake disc frt - $500

5) brake disc rear - $260

6) wiper blade - $110

7) automatic transmission fluid - $250

8) Liquinmoly pro line package - $128

9) lubrication service - $200

Is it normal pricing for Mercedes servicing ?

Hi

Changed the following on 28 Aug in another WS, you can take as comparison.

- brake pad front - $200 ($165)

- brake pad RR - $150 ($145)

- brake disc frt - $500 ($250)

What kind of fuel filter costs $500? OMG

It's a standard C&C policy... You pay $100 for the Mercedes Benz filter... And $400 C&C cover charge... More expensive than my KTV liquor... KNN...

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

But I also realise their knife not as sharp as before daimler took over as importer.... Back then when they are king... Every trip to workshop for servicing as easily 4 figure sum... And some times start with number 2....

I'm prepared to meet my Maker...

Whether my Maker is prepared for the ordeal of meeting me is another matter - Winston Churchill

• 7 months later...

I just came from Chip Soon and changed all 4 disc brakes, brake pads and of course the front sensor.

All done within 1 and half hour and a flat $900 for everything.

Excellent service.

• Like 1

2008 W245 Black with no mods yet.

B 170 in the East