DIY_MERC

Servicing Mercedes

272 posts in this topic

I will like to start a topics on the servicing of my Mercedes. To share to others.

Date : Aug 2012

Mileage : 65000km ( major service )

Cost : $3,300 !

Major items

1) fuel filter - $500

2) brake pad front - $200

3) brake pad RR - $150

4) brake disc frt - $500

5) brake disc rear - $260

6) wiper blade - $110

7) automatic transmission fluid - $250

8) Liquinmoly pro line package - $128

9) lubrication service - $200

Is it normal pricing for Mercedes servicing ?

Bro, think it's $2,298 to be exact haha...I was shocked initially to see $3,300 lol

Btw, can I know what exactly is item 4 & 5? Disc rotor you mean? And item 9 is strange to me too. Any details?

Bro, think it's $2,298 to be exact haha...I was shocked initially to see $3,300 lol

Btw, can I know what exactly is item 4 & 5? Disc rotor you mean? And item 9 is strange to me too. Any details?

It is $3.3k because there are a lot of other items.

Item 4 & 5 are brake disc front and rear. Total 4 items.

Item 9 - injection cleaner, engine flush & ceratec

1 person likes this

I see, but why the need to replace disc rotors? Are they spoiled or something? Your mileage is only 65 000km.

Even if they are warped, can just do skimming. Not sure that's how CnC do it as a standard change at this mileage.

Rule of thumb for changing rotors is every 2 brake pad change, 1 rotor change. Skimming is common in jap rides but normally not recommended for conti rides. For safety issues. Not I say one, 2 workshops specializing in MB and BMW say one.

1 person likes this

Rule of thumb for changing rotors is every 2 brake pad change, 1 rotor change. Skimming is common in jap rides but normally not recommended for conti rides. For safety issues. Not I say one, 2 workshops specializing in MB and BMW say one.

I never believe this and i dont it will be neccesary if the condition is still good. They are just out to make $$$.

I never believe this and i dont it will be neccesary if the condition is still good. They are just out to make $$$.

LOL. I kiasi.......

LOL. I kiasi.......

Haha... Everybody also Kiasi la...but frankly don't tell me conti parts are more inferior than jap parts? If yes, then something is not right. :)

Hi Barney,

Can I have the details of the 2 workshops you mentioned which specialize in MBs? Thanks.

I check eBay that Mercedes fuel filter cost only around $100 but my servicing charge $500. Not sure whether this is market rate. Any one has changed before ?

What kind of fuel filter costs $500? OMG

1 person likes this

These topics has been discussed many times and its a Classic that will come back again and again. Its a daily Bread n Butter issue which i always have interest.

Just to share...(As i have written several FR on above).

1) Not adviseable to skim rotor as it relatively "cheap" to purchase say $120 a piece from AD and Orginal Merc part. I bought and change mine at 50,000KM about two months ago.

2) If want to save some cost, buy own OEM parts and get WS to change.

3) MBM and Starblack are the two companies I am aware that able to service Merc as having used them before. Good feedback.

Mr. DIY-MERC, may i know if you have any issue after the tranmission oil change? i read much about Transmission oil change and always sceptical about it unless change at CnC. Any info appreciated. You driving C, E, S or which merc? Thanks

Hi Barney,

Can I have the details of the 2 workshops you mentioned which specialize in MBs? Thanks.

Hi Barney,

PM sent bro! I am not related to any though!

Hi Berney

Can also PM me the 2 workshops address?

Thanks in advance

Disc rotor should be changed when there is signs of wear. The rules thumb quoted every 2 brake pad changes is just a rules thumb. Skimming is not recommended as conti cars are heavier than japs and thus the strain on the disc rotors are also higher. It has nothing to do with inferior parts.

I go to MB Auto Workshop at AMK Autopoint. Really friendly service and good knowledge on many different MB models.

Disc rotor should be changed when there is signs of wear. The rules thumb quoted every 2 brake pad changes is just a rules thumb. Skimming is not recommended as conti cars are heavier than japs and thus the strain on the disc rotors are also higher. It has nothing to do with inferior parts.

I go to MB Auto Workshop at AMK Autopoint. Really friendly service and good knowledge on many different MB models.

Riverview ?

Riverview ?

I've not personally tried Riverview. I find MB Auto Workshop quite ok. I hang around there quite a bit and learn/pick up a few tips and tricks.

These topics has been discussed many times and its a Classic that will come back again and again. Its a daily Bread n Butter issue which i always have interest.

Just to share...(As i have written several FR on above).

1) Not adviseable to skim rotor as it relatively "cheap" to purchase say $120 a piece from AD and Orginal Merc part. I bought and change mine at 50,000KM about two months ago.

2) If want to save some cost, buy own OEM parts and get WS to change.

3) MBM and Starblack are the two companies I am aware that able to service Merc as having used them before. Good feedback.

Mr. DIY-MERC, may i know if you have any issue after the tranmission oil change? i read much about Transmission oil change and always sceptical about it unless change at CnC. Any info appreciated. You driving C, E, S or which merc? Thanks

Mine is e class. No problem so far except I think the servicing is quite high. Not sure it is normal for major servicing will cost more than $3k.

I also wonder. Bear in mind most driver will not know the exact pricing and a lot of trust is place on the workshop,

Btw on top of servicing, I change 1 tyre that cost me $500 additional in the workshop. When I check thru my record, my previous tyre I changed few months back cost only $375 !!! I thought the difference will not be that much and take the convenience path. Lesson learnt.

I will like to start a topics on the servicing of my Mercedes. To share to others.

Date : Aug 2012

Mileage : 65000km ( major service )

Cost : $3,300 !

Major items

1) fuel filter - $500

2) brake pad front - $200

3) brake pad RR - $150

4) brake disc frt - $500

5) brake disc rear - $260

6) wiper blade - $110

7) automatic transmission fluid - $250

8) Liquinmoly pro line package - $128

9) lubrication service - $200

Is it normal pricing for Mercedes servicing ?

Hi

Changed the following on 28 Aug in another WS, you can take as comparison.

- brake pad front - $200 ($165)

- brake pad RR - $150 ($145)

- brake disc frt - $500 ($250)

So when you stop them from changing parts and prefers to do it outside, do they make noise like voiding warranty?

It's a standard C&C policy... You pay $100 for the Mercedes Benz filter... And $400 C&C cover charge... More expensive than my KTV liquor... KNN...

But I also realise their knife not as sharp as before daimler took over as importer.... Back then when they are king... Every trip to workshop for servicing as easily 4 figure sum... And some times start with number 2....

It's a standard C&C policy... You pay $100 for the Mercedes Benz filter... And $400 C&C cover charge... More expensive than my KTV liquor... KNN...

More expensive and no girls... LOL!

I just came from Chip Soon and changed all 4 disc brakes, brake pads and of course the front sensor.

All done within 1 and half hour and a flat $900 for everything.

Excellent service.

1 person likes this