SkyHawk

Servicing Issue: Service D at 100,000 KM

11 posts in this topic

HI

I'm new here.

I took over a pre-owned MB E200K YOM 2008, the cluster show service D in 1000 KM.

What is service D, I called up CnC and they told me is a major service that will cost min 1.2K?

Can anyone advice whether I should bring the car back to CnC or I should go somewhere else?

Thks in adv.

I just did mine change engine oil, filter, transmission oil, sparks, rotate tires. Bought most of the stuff from Sin Ming area and Gallop. I drove around my place and found a workshop that is free n got it done within 2 hrs.

1 person likes this

I just did mine change engine oil, filter, transmission oil, sparks, rotate tires. Bought most of the stuff from Sin Ming area and Gallop. I drove around my place and found a workshop that is free n got it done within 2 hrs.

Thanks, are they also reset the instrument cluster?

They only do the servicing. I heard from a friend that there are ways resetting it but yet to try. There are also all kind of 3rd party scanners available in the market that could do the job.

How do you know what type/model for the spares that will fit your car when you buy from Sin MIng? Part numbers needed?

Bro it's quite easy. All the Parts seller are expert. You just need to give them your car number or chassis number. Gallop deal with MB parts, you just need to call them to check for stocks. I get most of my parts from the auto parts supplier located beside sin ming famous roti prata coffee shop. Anyway if you happen to buy the wrong parts or extra parts you can just return back to the supplier and get a refund. When I did my CVT oil change, i didn't know how much oil is needed and supplier allow me to bring 7 ltr to the workshop and return all un-used oil later.

Bro it's quite easy. All the Parts seller are expert. You just need to give them your car number or chassis number. Gallop deal with MB parts, you just need to call them to check for stocks. I get most of my parts from the auto parts supplier located beside sin ming famous roti prata coffee shop. Anyway if you happen to buy the wrong parts or extra parts you can just return back to the supplier and get a refund. When I did my CVT oil change, i didn't know how much oil is needed and supplier allow me to bring 7 ltr to the workshop and return all un-used oil later.

Sin Ming famous roti prate shop???? You mean Prata shop is along Thomson Road and the spare part shop is behind the prata shop... below HDB row of shop?

Thanks, are they also reset the instrument cluster?

I just learn how to reset the cluster today.

1) set the display to show the mileage

2) turn off your engine

3) insert the key n turn just 1 click

4) press the reset button 3 times and the display will show Battery Voltage

5) use the selection button (steering wheel) to toggle to Services

If you select Full Services the system will reset to 15,000km.

3 people like this

To reset cluster for C class w204.

Insert the key and turn 1 click. Press the phone button and hold it, press the OK button for 3 sec.

Same procedure for E class. Just try it with my neighbors.

Bro Angchug,

Care to share the workshop and the price for the workmanship. Many thanks in advance.

You can do a normal services and reset the cluster as Full Services.

I usually services my ride around Sin Ming area. Most of the workshop can help your to reset with Chinese diagnostic kit.

1 person likes this